Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is official SWTOR forum posting restricted only to subscribed users?

Seems like it. I haven't bought mine yet (just going to get it on 20th)

You have to be a preorder or subscriber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't be surprised. It's to prevent people from making additional accounts so that they can continue posting after their account has been suspended or banned. There is a lot of bitching on gaming forums, so it really cuts down on all the doomsaying and hateful threads.

It will be absolutely hilarious that someone's account got locked out for 2 weeks for QQ spamming on forum because he can't wait for 6 more days.

I'd imagine same rules apply from all the other MMOs. No subscription, no privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    You have to be a preorder or subscriber.
    Pre-ordered and i have subscribed, but still can't access them. been having alot of issue with the pre-order side though as the code was accepted, but never appeared under code redemption history.

The retail code appears fine.

So i would imagine currently it is only open those that have a working pre-order account.

Deleted
    Pre-ordered and entered code on Monday night, still cant post on forums :/

restricting it in that way isn't more or less then with every other MMORPG ....
    and it helps to prevent SPAM

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    It will be absolutely hilarious that someone's account got locked out for 2 weeks for QQ spamming on forum because he can't wait for 6 more days.
    They aren't locking accounts, they already screwed up the launch bad enough, they don't want to start another shit storm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    They aren't locking accounts, they already screwed up the launch bad enough, they don't want to start another shit storm.
    They messed up launch? First I've heard/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fourpointthreestillsux View Post
    I'd imagine same rules apply from all the other MMOs. No subscription, no privileges.
    Generally like that for MMOs at launch from what I have seen. No sub, go to MMO-Champs

How did they screw up the launch? So far I think everything is going smoothly. This will be my 5th "major" mmo launch and its the best launch so far...

Quote Originally Posted by ash1ey View Post
    They messed up launch? First I've heard/
    They haven't, everything is going as planned. People are just being incredibly over-dramatic and impatient.

lol, the game as run smoothly so far, no lag, no crashes, no gamebreaking bugs, my lvl 22 SI sorc is rather happy with this launch thank you very much. so far its been smoother than rift, cause theres no 4hour queues

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize that launch was here yet. Last time I check launch was still on the 20th.... freakin' time travelers.. you can never trust them.

Screwed up a 'launch' of a game that hasn't launched yet? Interesting..
    No early access doesn't mean a screwed up launch.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    I didn't realize that launch was here yet. Last time I check launch was still on the 20th.... freakin' time travelers.. you can never trust them.
    This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.
    May the Force be with you!
    Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk
    Co-Founders, BioWare
    What did you say? Release and Launch is not the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    What did you say? Release and Launch is not the same thing.
    I think the point is, everything so far is going smoothly and only the kids who are mad because that aint playing yet are calling it 'failed' launch.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This was the best MMO launch ever, exactly like I predicted. Bioware has their shit together, I assume thanks to lessons learned from Blizzard and the hundreds of other (now defunct) MMO launches since. Nice try though.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by ash1ey View Post
    I think the point is, everything so far is going smoothly and only the kids who are mad because that aint playing yet are calling it 'failed' launch.
    Yeah the launch is going great for what they had planned. However there could have been a lot of improvements to how they have done things.