Poll: Which Profession is Yours?

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    -1 for not being able to vote for more than one.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    What happened to monks?
    Monks were the ultimate healing class and I guess Arena couldn't make a new class, that felt like the monk, but without all of the healing spells.

Guild Wars 2 will not feature a dedicated healing class, so I guess, that is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    What happened to monks?
    They ditched their lame healing spells, threw on a suit of armor, and lit themselves on blue fire and became Guardians.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Since I'm getting every class, it doesn't matter which one I vote. However, my main will be a Warrior. Jesus the Mesmer looks nice btw.

Nord Engineer ftw. I think it'll be a somewhat rare combination. I just love the concept of the Engineer class overall but I'm wondering if it could end up being a tad bit boring.

I'll probably try to focus on the group-support skills and Pistols, but Rifles seem to be the only good weapon for the Engineer as far as PvP goes. Damage + better CC. Pistols in PvP seem to be too anti-caster, with nothing against Melee if I recall.

Norn Mesmer.

Then I'll probably go Sylvari Ranger, then Human Thief. After 240 lvls of playtime I'll figure out what to play next haha

First character will be a human ranger that I'm gonna attempt to mirror the appearance of my old GW1 character.

After that we'll see, they all look pretty interesting to me at the moment.

Deleted
    I'll try mesmer first. Second will be ele.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably elementalist but ill have all profs.

Deleted
    Before the Mesmer reveal/leak I was torn between Guardian or Elementalist... now it'll be Mesmer all the way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian looks the most fun

Guardian went from most to least popular. Intriguing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this vote is not really representative. Especially right after a profession reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socram View Post
    Well, this vote is not really representative. Especially right after a profession reveal.
    Yes, like the poll after Engineer was revealed and it the was least popular in that vote. Hm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    History has show every class is always the top of the "I'm going to play" list for a while after their first announcement until the newness hype settles down.
    If mesmer is anything like in GW1 with how difficult it is to play (so people claim...) then i have a feeling a good portion of the people who are all "I will be mesmer!!" will end up migrating to an easier class, or as you said, are just hyped up from the newness...

As for me though... MESMER BABY!! i play one in GW1 and i'm sure as hell going to play one in GW2!!

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by An_Unoriginal_Name View Post
    Nord Engineer ftw. I think it'll be a somewhat rare combination. I just love the concept of the Engineer class overall but I'm wondering if it could end up being a tad bit boring.

I'll probably try to focus on the group-support skills and Pistols, but Rifles seem to be the only good weapon for the Engineer as far as PvP goes. Damage + better CC. Pistols in PvP seem to be too anti-caster, with nothing against Melee if I recall.
    I doubt engineers would get boring, as long as you don't like predictability then you should be good lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I'm gonna roll all XD

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea yet, haven't done my research. Will probably be something ranged, been playing Melee for years (in other games) and i'm starting to get tired of it. :P

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    No idea yet, haven't done my research. Will probably be something ranged, been playing Melee for years (in other games) and i'm starting to get tired of it. :P
    Try out a ranged warrior then.

I'm not even kidding. Arena said, that ranged warriors will be just as competative as melee rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still with the Guardian. I really like the archetype of protecting my allies and Guardian is the closest match. And recently I've really enjoying the sword and shield-archetype for some reason, and that looks like a solid weapon combination for the Guardian, together with a Staff.

If I happen to get into the Beta for some reason I'll give the Elementalist a spin.

The mesmer sound cool, but I think it's popularity is currently extremely attached to its recent reveal. I'll probably end up with it as an alt at some point, though.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just might start out original and go warrior. I am pumped for this game!