Thread: Buttocks :(

Deleted

Buttocks :(

So pre ordered not that long ago so prob wont get a inv till sundayish. Anyway, so sitting passing the time playing a bit of BF3 and forum searching etc. Cannot wait till i can play!! And then....... Boom, been hit but the fair usuage act from the sky connect package from downloading the client twice, (an old beta client and launch client). Completly my fault ofc, didnt relaise there fair usuage system. I'm getting 5-10 kb/s downlaod speeds in peak hours NOOOOOOOOO! Really hope they stop throtteling my connection before i get a chance to play

*shakes angry fist*

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ew that sucks. You are restricted how much you can download and upload per month? Don't think we even have that option here in Sweden, as far as I know. 100mb/s unlimited is pretty standard over here :/ I feel for ya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    Ew that sucks. You are restricted how much you can download and upload per month? Don't think we even have that option here in Sweden, as far as I know. 100mb/s unlimited is pretty standard over here :/ I feel for ya.
    Yeah unfortunetly i found out in the small print i can only download 40 bg a month lol. I smashed that lol. As soon as it hits 5pm CST bamn my connection speeds go from 800kb/s to 5 kb/s lol . Im preying it re sets after the month is over.

Deleted
    Upgrade to unlimited or a better package

I changed over to BT unlimited and although it says unlimited, there fair usage policy is like 100GB, wish I would have stayed with Sky now.

Deleted
    wish i could fella, can't get unlimited in my area. Tbh if i wasnt living with the rents i would just enrage at sky and just change isp's. I think it's the fact there not honest with the consumer to what restrictions there package envolves. I had to spend most of the evening last night trauling through terms and conditions to actually find there restrictions. Not only that they don't allow usuage counters for sky connect customers lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by ash1ey View Post
    Upgrade to unlimited or a better package

I changed over to BT unlimited and although it says unlimited, there fair usage policy is like 100GB, wish I would have stayed with Sky now.
    Changed to Sky almost a year ago. Damn they are a good ISP. Gotta love when they say "unlimited" it actually is unlimited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freelapdance View Post
    Changed to Sky almost a year ago. Damn they are a good ISP. Gotta love when they say "unlimited" it actually is unlimited.
    Ive got a mate who is with sky unlimited, he said it's really nice. I would say unlimited is a really good package. But there is alot of negativity out there about the sky connect package.

Deleted
    300GB with bt Fiber, after you hit that you speed gets throttled from 40mb down to 3mg, but it resets every month..and 300gb is hard to hit every month, but i always manage it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    300GB with bt Fiber, after you hit that you speed gets throttled from 40mb down to 3mg, but it resets every month..and 300gb is hard to hit every month, but i always manage it
    Yeah i can imagine. I would say 40mb to 3mb is almost a 90% reduction which is how much i get throttled. The funny thing is my connection is 8mb (best i can get in my area) so gets throttled too like 256k with peak time reduction on top lol, yet if u got throttled to 3mb from 40mb you can still game etc lol. Im green with envy about your connection <3 lol. Wish i had fiber lol.

Play Back to Karkand maps while you wait....those maps are freakin awesome!

Deleted
    lol dude, i would so love to just change. Just not my account or my house so unfortunetly it's slightly out of my hands.

Edit: are eclipse good then? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on ISP's

its more for business but they offer also good home packages, the company i work as been using it for a while and no complain so far.

Going for well known companies is just BS, they never provide the service you expect to get, like in your case the fair police bullcrap and the peak time throttling.

theres more companies around than BT, virgin and Sky, you just need to research a bit more, im sure you will get what u pay for in full totality

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    Where I live we have an unlimited package with the speed of 8mb to a max of 13mb/s (at night). And if you go over 100GB in a month they are allowed to slow down your speed to about 100kb/s during busy times wich is anything between 9 am and 12pm...Belgium sucks if you don't wanna spend shitloads of money on internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarth Dyth View Post
    Play Back to Karkand maps while you wait....those maps are freakin awesome!
    They so do don't they! haha i had a sneaky peak on them last night after my net wasn't being throttled. I didn't suffer too badly not having a gd connection last night as orign was having a paddy most of last night lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Where I live we have an unlimited package with the speed of 8mb to a max of 13mb/s (at night). And if you go over 100GB in a month they are allowed to slow down your speed to about 100kb/s during busy times wich is anything between 9 am and 12pm...Belgium sucks if you don't wanna spend shitloads of money on internet.
    Yeah it seems the Europeans north of Germany have the best Communications infrastructure in the world, with the possible exception of South Korea. Bandwidth caps are becoming common for ISPs in the US.

When does next month begin, OP? January, or half-way through December? It's going to suck if your net is going to be this way for the rest of the month.

Deleted
    Here's a suggestion for OP. I know how much SKY hates when people ring up to cancel. Might be worth giving them a ring (if you haven't already) and tell them you are thinking of canceling with Sky because you really need your internet this month for work or something. If you blag them enough they might help you out.

I know if you ring to cancel your tv package they will start offering you lots of freebies. Guess would only work if your not locked in to a contract at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Yeah it seems the Europeans north of Germany have the best Communications infrastructure in the world, with the possible exception of South Korea. Bandwidth caps are becoming common for ISPs in the US.
    well of course they are, euro countries only have to worry about the infrastructure the size of a small US state lol. It's a bit different trying to deploy to a country 50x larger