Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shall I ? Shouldn't I?

Hey guys, just looking for an honest opinion really.

I played the beta and i'm split between buying and not buying. I mean, it's not really that different, but it is fresh. What im really trying to ask I guess is, if I do buy it, what am I really going to be able to expect at high levels / endgame? Don't lie either, i'm not stupid :P. Just looking for a realistic estimation of what's there.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's fresh and exciting. if you got the money to spare, why not give it a go? if you don't like it at end game, atleast you had a fun levelling expirience and seeing you pay the same as single player games you can finish in 5 hours, it's not a terribly bad investment either.

There's only one way to know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't make up your own mind, you probably won't even be able to pick a class. If it doesn't excite you, don't buy it. Less server load for me to enjoy! Yarrr.

Deleted
    The majority of the people here are hyping a lot about the game so expect most to say you should buy it, I'd reccomend waiting a month or something before you do and see how it turns out if you wanna save some money for christmas.

Deleted
    15 flashpoints
    2 operations (one a single boss encounter)
    3 warzones
    1 planet for world pvp
    1 part of a planet (tatooine) for free for all pvp

Think this is about the current "endgame" content avaible atm, not counting crafting and finishing story lines (companion stories as well).

Don't think I left out anything, but I am sure I will be corrected if I did

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turashi View Post
    15 flashpoints
    3 warzones
    1 planet for world pvp

Think this is about the current "endgame" content avaible atm, not counting crafting and finishing story lines (companion stories as well).

Looks about right! Expect all of the #s above to be expanded upon and new features, such as rated warzones, coming down the pipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    it's fresh and exciting. if you got the money to spare, why not give it a go? if you don't like it at end game, atleast you had a fun levelling expirience and seeing you pay the same as single player games you can finish in 5 hours, it's not a terribly bad investment either.
    Second this. There is no way to go wrong buying SWTOR, even if all you plan to do is to use the first free month. For the same money that would normally buy you one story that will last you a couple of weeks at best, here you get eight stories that are guaranteed to last you for a whole month, after which you can decide whether its worth it to buy another month or not.

Linitund...use the Force Linitund...

Deleted
    If you've ever played a BioWare game and enjoyed then think of this as a kotor, with online :P that's why i'm getting + I lurvd the betaaaaaa

Deleted
    If you got the money, buy it, if you dont have the money, sell your wow account and copyes and buy it again.

Short and sweet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like others said, for 50 euro you have atleast 1 month of fun, which is more than you get from a single player game where you prolly payed even more for!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by H3ll View Post
    Like others said, for 50 euro you have atleast 1 month of fun, which is more than you get from a single player game where you prolly payed even more for!
    indeed, you will never fully know until you try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turashi View Post
    15 flashpoints
    3 warzones
    1 planet for world pvp

Thanks, that's really informative for me I know about leveling, classes all that just didnt really know about any of the end game. I mean, it seems good enough to give a shot.

As I said, played the beta and was relatively impressed with it. Somethings about the UI I can't stand but that's not going to prevent me from getting the game I think :P Thanks for opinions.

Looks like you made a decision already but I want to add my thoughts on endgame.

At least for me, playing the beta, I was impressed. The time they took with the quests, flashpoints, combat, and really everything I played, felt good. Yeah there are some issues with the UI and things like that but overall, the early part of the game was really impressive.
    So, while there is no way to know how endgame will turn out, think about this. A company that had one of the largest budgets ever for an MMO creates a great leveling experience (honestly I would say probably the best leveling of any MMO but thats just my opnion). Bioware also did it's research in regards to how it developed a lot of TOR, so they know how MMOs work. They know what has killed other MMOs and what keeps people playing the few that have survived longer than a year.

So with all that in mind, they KNOW end game is a big deal. They know it can make or break a game. So when you consider how well they did with everything we have seen so far, and also the amount of time / money invested, could you really see them doing all that and not having solid end game content? I would actually guess that higher ups flat out required them to have solid plans for end game before they went forward becasue they would have also known, end game will make or break them in the end. And since the game made it this far, with this level of quality, I have to take from it that they not only know how important end game content is, but are fully prepared to keep players busy and keep those subscription numbers up.

It may not be totally smooth at first, but that is to be expected. It's a new MMO and will still be finding it's footing. They will have a lot of things to figure out but I really have no doubt that they have looked at games like WoW, Rift, EQ(1-2), and all the other big MMOs, and they know what they need to do.

the best review ive seen (a 2 and half hour podcast by famed wow commentators totalbiscuit and jesse cox on that's up on youtube) settled down on that even if the end game needs work it really worth playing what's on offer until then.

like jeepguy above tho i agree Bioware knows they have all to play for in the opening moments of the game. they are not stupid and are pumping serious resources into straightening out the games kinks and extending it out in the directions it needs to go (the weekly patching scheduled addressing as many bugs as possible going forward and the new raid content coming in January being good examples)

Quote Originally Posted by Linitund View Post
    Somethings about the UI I can't stand but that's not going to prevent me from getting the game I think :P Thanks for opinions.
    UI customization was mentioned as a high priority in the first post launch developer "going forward" post
    Last edited by sleekit; 2012-01-06 at 08:36 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    If endgame is your goal, I would wait until the end of the month for the first content patch. By then, you'll not only have that new content but most of the current content will be fixed up. A poster above mentioned WHAT content there is, and while it's true that there is a bunch of it a lot of it is bugged. Some bosses on hard modes are almost impossible with the bugs. Very frustrating.

I think right now it's worth it for the leveling experience, I wouldn't buy it for Endgame as it has not matured enough.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait and see. If what's on the table now hasn't convinced you, wait for the first big content update. That should give you an idea of what to expect going forward.

It's a stable, polished, fun product, for the most part. And that's saying a lot for any MMO.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, just looking for an honest opinion really.

I played the beta and i'm split between buying and not buying. I mean, it's not really that different, but it is fresh. What im really trying to ask I guess is, if I do buy it, what am I really going to be able to expect at high levels / endgame? Don't lie either, i'm not stupid :P. Just looking for a realistic estimation of what's there.
    If you played the beta, then you know its a decent investment. Even if the endgame isnt good, there are 8 storylines in theg game, so the investment will be worth it.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.