15+ Year Old Account

What's the best Rogue-like class?

Hey folks, I'm a long-term WoW player, and I've decided to give SWTOR a shot. I'm an avid rogue fan, and I've been planning to roll Imperial Agent/Sniper since I see this class as the most stealth-oriented. So am I right? I didn't have a chance to participate in the beta testing, so I'd be happy to get some insight. Thanks.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    sith INQ assassin.
    Stop nerfing every character I play! I want to be Op....

Imperial agent operative is the SWTOR rogue equivalent for Sith nubs. Pros roll Republic!

Deleted
    IA operative

Deleted
    Sith assassin has stealth and 3-4 similar buffs/moves but thats about it, it is nothing like a wow rogue.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I'm mostly interested in is evading combat (i.e. not engaging in combat if I do not want to) and attacking first. That's what I mean, since I'm mostly pvp-oriented.
    Last edited by lexonio; 2011-12-14 at 02:54 PM.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    What I'm mostly interested in is evading combat (i.e. not engaging in combat if I do not want it) and attacking first. That's what I mean, since I'm mostly pvp-oriented.
    tell it straight - ganking weaker players
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

15+ Year Old Account
    Either a SI assassin or an IA operative

The Sith Assassian and the Jedi Shadow are very rogue'ish.

Stealth, similar back stab attack and I'm sure a couple other things but I didn't level one very high (lvl 14).

Then you have the IA operative and it's opposite Republic class smuggler (can't remember which smuggler AC is stealth - someone help me out)

So you should have 2 options for a stealthy class on each side.

If you're looking for a Rogue-like class, you should probably pick the Sith Assassin. I haven't personally tried it yet, but I have tried the Imperial Agent.

The Imperial Agent is more of a jack-of-all-trades stealther. You have some melee abilities, some ranged, and a lot of utility. Unfortunately for the Imperial Agent, your melee abilities are on 6-15 second cooldowns, so you'll be throwing in blaster shots to fill in the time.

If backstabbing an enemy, shiv'ing them, and then putting away your vibroblade to pull out a blaster in melee range to shoot them doesn't seem odd to you, you might like the Imperial Agent. I'm not saying the Imperial Agent is bad. On the contrary, actually, but you might find the melee cooldowns a bit restrictive.

If you want the standard melee rogue dps, Assassin might be more your style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Evading combat being a PvPer means waiting for your teammates to come, not rushing in and BLAAAAAAAADE-storming through enemy crowds dying in seconds.
    And ganking, yes. Attacking enemy players on neutral territories, is this bad in any way?
    Thank you everyone who answered me! I'll try both Smuggler and Sith Assassin, or w/e their faction alternatives are.

Sith Inquisitor Assassin and it's mirror the Jedi Consular Shadow. Also, the Imperial Agent Operative and the Smuggler Scoundrel are the classes that get stealth.

That being said, I personally think the Assassin and Shadow are the most like a WoW Rogue as the WoW Rogue is a melee character the same as the Assassin and Shadow while the Agent and Smuggler are not melee, but do have melee moves, but are still more oriented to mid-long range fighting. The melee moves Smugglers and Agents have are more for utility than actual combat, kind of like the old Hunter melee moves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Katchii. I'll have to see how is the shooting process done in this game to make a final pick

Well, the scoundrel has SWTOR's equivalent to combo points, so I'd say scoundrel/operative are the most like rogues. We also get group stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    tell it straight - ganking weaker players
    Cause that's the only thing rogues do in WoW, go after those bads (which they should do anyways <.<). Rogue hate much?