Page 1 of 3
LastLast

and then it hit me : why I keep losing tier tokens in LFR

first of all , RNG is RNG and I had my fair share of losing rolls on loot .

however , so far I'm 1/18 token wins via LFR and it got me thinking....is it realy just bad luck ?

then I came across that thread :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-Daily-Blink

I realised that we compete for the token against the most played and 3rd most played classes in the game which are also - Hybrids . it means that lock are at disadvantage for winning a tier token .

first - because there are more of them (pallys and priests) to roll against . second - thay need a token for each OS they got . it means that even after a pally/priest won all 5 tokens - he'll still do LFR and roll on tokens until he'll gear his OS .

anyone else noticed that ?

In the large scheme of things it seems you are correct.

Like you said, RNG is still RNG. I have personally only rolled 3 times on tier gear in LFR (all i need is pants and chest) and I one once. I am 1/3.
    Last edited by Amontoya86; 2011-12-14 at 04:41 PM.

This might be true but look at the 2nd most played class according to that graph. Druid, druids roll against their own class AND 3 other classes. I've done the math and believe me.. they have way worse luck then we as warlocks do.

Druid token: Rogue/Death Knight/Mage/Druid

Rogue - 1 set (dps)
    Death Knight - 2 sets (tank/dps)
    Mage - 1 set (dps)
    Druid - 3 sets (dps/resto/tank) ;the tokens for feral dps are the same as the tank ones

Our tokens:

Warlock - 1 set (dps)
    Priest - 2 sets (healing/dps)
    Paladin - 3 sets (healing/dps/tank)

That's already a better ratio for us right there because there's only 6 total sets for our token and our 3 classes together are played less then their 4 classes put together (according to the graph)

Warrior/Hunter/Sham token is the same ratio as ours having 6 total available sets but the graph says they're classes together are less played so they have the best chance i guess?
    Last edited by Barronator; 2011-12-14 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Deleted
    im pretty sure if you'd do the math the % chance per spec for a token would be pretty close. my best bet is your just unlucky...

That's just the way the cookie crumbles my friend. Sadly it's also the downside of 25 people in a group. Sure even if you had 2 tokens of the same kind drop if you have say 2 locks, a shadow priest, a priest healing, a pally healer, a pally tank, and maybe 2 ret pallies that's a grand total of 8 people all competing for 2 tokens...and 7 for the second token but the priest or pally will probably need a second token even if they won the first for as you mentioned OS reasons. If you were running 10 mans with a guild or something generally you won't have to roll against more than 3. My guild raid composition is usually a dk/druid tanks, a pally healer, a priest healer, and we sometimes have a lock sometimes we don't. So I'm really only rolling against one person which is nice for me. But I can understand your frustration.

Back in wrath on my priest I never won a single token for tier gear. The only token I ever got was given to me from a friend in the group who decided that I could really use the token more than they could (they were going to buy OS gear...-.-) Maybe blizz will add a feature one day to detect what players are in said piece of tier gear and do an auto pass for them on the main spec roll...but leave up an OS roll in case no one needs that token for MS. You never know! Though a part of me really does doubt that would ever happen...I guess think positively! But from the sounds of things you may want to get whatever upgrades you can from LFR but if you're serious about tier gear you may consider looking for a guild that needs a lock dps for a 10 man team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had terrible RNG on my lock with the LFR Killing im currently 0/24 bosses. Haven't won anything yet =S.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ongu01 View Post
    im pretty sure if you'd do the math the % chance per spec for a token would be pretty close. my best bet is your just unlucky...
    nope. it's 30% chance for the token to drop, making it "10% per class", but OP is absolutely correct, we have it kind of hard in terms of competition, as the chance that more than 30% of your group need that token is raised by both the fact that paladin and priest are very popular and are hybrids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip: Check how many people need a certain item you're after. If you don't like the numbers (like the 16 vanquishers when I joined on my DK.) you leave and queue again in a few minutes.

It may sound lame, but it's probably the best way to increase your chances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    Pro tip: Check how many people need a certain item you're after. If you don't like the numbers (like the 16 vanquishers when I joined on my DK.) you leave and queue again in a few minutes.

It may sound lame, but it's probably the best way to increase your chances.
    I usually do this as well. However, doesn't the queue system set you up with a very slimly defined group of people regardless? I've skipped out on queues 5-6 times just to come to the slow conclusion that regardless how many times i press "leave queue" there are going to be roughly the same number of people rolling for my token.

Or you could have my luck the terrible dps get the trinkets/tier.

Barely beating the tank and can't switch to adds getting Cunning of the Cruel, I'd love to finally replace dmc:v.
    I've seen one drop each week and same thing each time.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is definitely more on the casual side. We run two 10s cause people have computers that cant handle 25man.

Out of those 20 people.

3=warlocks
    3=priests
    5=pallies

WTB Better raid make ups?

Oh And my Tier luck so far. i think i am up to. 1/13 LFR and norms.

le sigh, my kingdom for a 2p...

LFR loot shenanigans will continue to be.... shenanigans. Try not to let it bother you

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice, don't join lfr with any paladin, priest or other warlock unless they already have the pieces for their mainspec, offspec (and third spec)

If you're in a guild that is moderately serious about progression propose that you run LFR as a guild. You can still queue with all 25 people, and that way you can ensure even tier distribution however you see fit.

i did LFR with the gf to help introduce her to dragon soul and LFR. I think there was about 5 times a piece of conq dropped in the 2 runs we did. She won 3 of those 5 times. Some people are just lucky

Deleted
    RNG is RNG. Today I killed Hagara as a vanquisher (DK) and I won both shoulder tokens although half the raid rolled on them. Kept one and gave the other to a friend.

****ing Vanquisher, that is all.

Deleted
    No paladin should ever have or roll for 3 sets, dual spec only allows for 2 specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoa there,if i have the chance to roll i will.

The same can be said for all classes. I have won nothing but manages to win Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind earlier tonight but with no off-hand available I may as well have not won it. Its a tough situation where your progression is based upon blind luck and RNG. Flawed design if you ask me.