10+ Year Old Account

Need help regarding RAM.

So i've slowly started the process of replacing my computer hardware piece by piece, and now it's time for RAM. I'm not at home right now, but I know I currently have 2g (two 1g sticks) in my system, and I want to upgrade to 8 since it's so cheap now.

I'm on the fence on a few choices and have them compared below:

http://tinyurl.com/7vmowee

I'm not TOO well versed in the world of RAM, so I was hoping I could get some opinions/advice.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I upgrade dmy mobo a little over a year ago making sure it was DD3 capable, so these should all be compatible with my rig.

Take either low profile Corsairs, or G.Skill Ripjaws. 1600MHz not, 1333Mhz.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    seconded. The Only Qualified thing is just a marketing gimmick. Go for the low profile ones. Same thing, but with a not-lame looking heatsink.

Deleted
    To be honest you should really go for the 1600mhz variant you like the look of and then consider will it be in the way of an after market cooler if you have one and that is that. Reliability of G.Skill, Kingston HyperX and Corsair RAM in my experience is fine never had to RMA any before but Patriot, Mushkin and OCZ ram has been quite a thorn in my side in the past.

Please remember I have only stated my opinion and experience and am not flaming any brands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Only reason I listed the 1333MHZ was because it had a CAS latency of 7 as compared to the others having 9s.

So the only thing making the 2 corsairs unattractive purchases are the larger heat sinks? I have a bigger case so it wouldn't be that much of a problem would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmuh View Post
    Only reason I listed the 1333MHZ was because it had a CAS latency of 7 as compared to the others having 9s.
    CL7 1333MHz runs about as fast as CL9 1600MHz. But you can overclock further with 1600MHz which is why it's better purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmuh View Post
    So the only thing making the 2 corsairs unattractive purchases are the larger heat sinks? I have a bigger case so it wouldn't be that much of a problem would it?
    It's not the size of the case, but the size of processor heatsink. The RAM sticks need to fit under the processor cooler and those Corsairs will not work with the currently best air cooler Noctua NH-D14 for example.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.