Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    My came today like 4 Hours ago.

Amazon has updated my page saying its shipping soon, so maybe it will ship to australia before the 19th like it says so but they havnt updated it yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Ok just had a PAINFUL Conversation with a CSR (Whats new huh) anyway looks like it is shipping now...(For aussie orders btw)
    *snip*
    Authorisation on a CC means they intend, soon, to take the funds. It marks that cash for their purpose. Authorisations can last 3-5 days, which is why they repeat the process for the 1$ amount every while, to ensure the card is still real and valid.

When you saw the $85 being "debited" from your card, it was a NEW authorisation, meaning they intend to take $85 from you in the near future. This stops you from spending the $85 elsewhere, and causing their transaction from failing, because you hit your limit.

Everything the rep said was perfectly clear to me, you appear to be extremely overreacting to a completely normal process, because you are immediately assuming they haven't got a clue what they are doing because of their nationality.

At the time of authorisation for $85 your order has not shipped, they have NOT taken any funds from you, just called dibs on it for very near future use. It is Illegal for them to actually take money from you before it physically ships. Your big problem is that internet banking does not show the difference between authorised funds, and debited funds. You just see that you have less available money, and you clearly assumed they had debited you.

Adharsh:The charge you see on your card is just a hold on the funds.
    Me:NO IT ISNT
    Adharsh:I can confirm that you weren't charged.
    Me:On the 8th of Dec when i ordered the game you did the $1.00 authorisation....
    Adharsh:Please check with your bank to confirm this.
    Me:TODAY THE 15TH you have no taken the total order ampount of $85
    OMFG
    This is such a prime example of your mistake. You though the $1 was authorisation. It wasn't that's just to confirm the card is real. It is periodically refreshed, as authorisations expire every few days. When they then authorise another $85 they will let the $1 expire, and not be refreshed. Then the item will ship and they will debit you $85.

I feel sorry for the rep that had to deal with you, you gave them a really hard time for what was a process working completely as intended. Next time I recommend you ring your bank and check with them whether the funds had been just authorised or actually debited before you attack the retail rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ins4nity View Post
    My came today like 4 Hours ago.
    Same ... sent yesterday, delivered today.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.