Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    yeah a feral dd rolled on my caster trinket so that he has something to trade with^^
    ferals should not get the dd bonus on caster items!!

Deleted
    I used to pass (two last weeks) the loot that wasn't an upgrade for me, until I saw a scumbag shaman rolling for a trinket I wanted with my priest and he had better ones equipped. Asked him why he rolled - no answer. Saw him trading it to his guildie before next boss (I was inspecting them both - pure accident. The named trinket appeared on the other priests equipment like magic -_-). Made me go into berserkerrage in guildchat about it and then I found out many people are doing this and it's considered "normal". So me, by just passing items that I could roll on yet didn't need, was (in fact) DUMB! Started running LFR this week with my guildies. We all roll on everything when someone needs an item, helping each-other out with upgrades. Joining alone seems like fighting with wind by flapping your arms to the opposite direction.

Solution: Remove the ability to trade items in LFR.

It was a great system for organised raiding, where mistakes happen, but in LFR it is abused more than used.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    ./does this
    I also bring guildies to roll on stuff, and random people from trade who are willing to sell their rolls.

If bad people are entitled to roll on everything, why shouldn't I minmax my chances at getting what I need?

If the end of the run occurs and I haven't been able to trade for a token/trinket, I give whatever I have obtained to people who performed well, and need the item. Much better than that guy who died / did 5k dps.
    exactly as i do.

Lost 4 items yesterday to two different dps, which both attacked wrong targets, were between the 5 lowest dps, and died/failed.... those four items were on DW spine and madnes.....

why should they get them when i need those pieces and didnt fail/did much more dps???
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    LFR is suppose to be so anyone and everyone can see the content. so IMO LFR shouldn't drop loot at all. 500 VP is more than enough compensation for 2 hours of "work"
    yeah I agree, but then how would Blizzard entice the top raiders to run the LFR and carry all the others to victory? Anyway once the raiders have their 4p t13 and bought all the valor pieces they wanted, the LFR will become the place where nightmares come true...

I don't find this an asshole move at all. I do this myself, if nothing drops or no one wants to trade, I just give the item to the highest dps who needs it. This kills 2 birds for me, one - if something drops I want, I have a higher chance of getting it, and no one at all is put in the negative item-wise, two - if nothing I want drops, I can give it to someone who is actually pulling their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nian View Post
    I used to pass (two last weeks) the loot that wasn't an upgrade for me, until I saw a scumbag shaman rolling for a trinket I wanted with my priest and he had better ones equipped. Asked him why he rolled - no answer. Saw him trading it to his guildie before next boss (I was inspecting them both - pure accident. The named trinket appeared on the other priests equipment like magic -_-). Made me go into berserkerrage in guildchat about it and then I found out many people are doing this and it's considered "normal". So me, by just passing items that I could roll on yet didn't need, was (in fact) DUMB! Started running LFR this week with my guildies. We all roll on everything when someone needs an item, helping each-other out with upgrades. Joining alone seems like fighting with wind by flapping your arms to the opposite direction.
    QQ more.

This is an intelligent way to use the system. I see no difference between this, and running 5-mans with 3 guildies rolling need on that trinket your tank wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was another hunter in the group that won two pieces of tier chest piece... he wouldn't trade to anyone so I told everyone to vote the joke bastard out he has shitty dps anyways... He was holding it saying "I will trade it later depending on what drops" So I said lets votes this fucking joke out of here before he wins two more tier pieces. And he says well no one will get the chest piece... better than him being in the group and it happening again. People are so fucking greedy in raid finder... hopefully blizzard will come up with another system because this is getting ridiculous.

LFR is suppose to be so anyone and everyone can see the content. so IMO LFR shouldn't drop loot at all. 500 VP is more than enough compensation for 2 hours of "work"
    Why do you have a problem with people getting loot?
    I don't see the point? Why do you care about what other people do or don't get?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    There was another hunter in the group that won two pieces of tier chest piece... he wouldn't trade to anyone so I told everyone to vote the joke bastard out he has shitty dps anyways... He was holding it saying "I will trade it later depending on what drops" So I said lets votes this fucking joke out of here before he wins two more tier pieces. And he says well no one will get the chest piece... better than him being in the group and it happening again. People are so fucking greedy in raid finder... hopefully blizzard will come up with another system because this is getting ridiculous.
    So... Instead of letting 1 person get the chest at the end - you kicked him out so no one got it?

This sounds entirely like a lose-lose situation. Did you even think that through?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    So... Instead of letting 1 person get the chest at the end - you kicked him out so no one got it?

This sounds entirely like a lose-lose situation. Did you even think that through?
    He was planing to trade it for a piece of loot. He had no intentions in giving that piece he couldn't even use.
    I wouldn't want that piece of tier from a piece of greedy trash like that to be honest. :/

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 10:43 AM ----------

That's crap and you know it... Raid finder has it's own ilvl of loot ffs. It's for people who are always on the go and can't plan to be somewhere at a certain time... I haven't been able to raid at all since ICC until now just because of that I use to be a pretty hardcore raider so my lust for raiding is satisfied with this even though it comes no where near as close to raiding with a guild. Personally, I think blizzard did perfect with this.

ive seen more than a few ppl doing this

i didnt want to make a thread about it for fear of more ppl taking up this despicable act

however, it gets worse, ive seen an almost full raid, from the same server but all diff guilds, need roll on EVERYTHING and then proceed to AUCTION the items between them

negligible chance for anyone in the run not on that server to get any items.

in my opinion, that is as bad an exploit as the first week hacks and they all deserve to have the loot removed and 8 day bans

because thats circumventing both:
    A) the inability to sell LFR items (by being in the same server and negating the inability to trade gold to LFR ppl)
    and
    B) the ONE chance at loot per boss per week (since they had an 20/25 OR HIGHER chance of winning the loot between them)

and its griefing anyone who the LFR tool lumps in with them, as they get lootsaved with no chance at loot

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-05-14 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    however, it gets worse, ive seen an almost full raid, from the same server but all diff guilds, need roll on EVERYTHING and then proceed to AUCTION the items between them
    because thats circumventing both:
    A) the inability to sell LFR items (by being in the same server and negating the inability to trade gold to LFR ppl)
    and
    B) the ONE chance at loot per boss per week (since they had an 20/25 OR HIGHER chance of winning the loot between them)

and its griefing anyone who the LFR tool lumps in with them, as they get lootsaved with no chance at loot
    I don't think people outside of that guild/server run have any less of a chance to get loot though. Really your chance on getting gear is no lower when full of non-grouped people vs a group of people because in both cases everyone needs all the time. It can be said though group you can increase your odds of getting gear. Just another case were pre-mades are better.

Meh theres only a couple of items in lfr im after now, i know going in theres a low chance of going for it. BY just passing everything i dont want and focus on killing stuff it avoids all the heartache of the various forms of "ninjaing" going around. Personally i think its discusting how people treat it but thats just my opionion. When theres no consequences it just shows how greedy some people can be. IF any member of our guild was caught acting this way would be instrakicked im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I don't find this an asshole move at all. I do this myself, if nothing drops or no one wants to trade, I just give the item to the highest dps who needs it. This kills 2 birds for me, one - if something drops I want, I have a higher chance of getting it, and no one at all is put in the negative item-wise, two - if nothing I want drops, I can give it to someone who is actually pulling their weight.

QQ more.

This is an intelligent way to use the system. I see no difference between this, and running 5-mans with 3 guildies rolling need on that trinket your tank wants.
    Spoken like someone who's doing it. Guaranteed it's one of the next changes Blizzard makes to LFR loot, because of idiots like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanir View Post
    yeah I agree, but then how would Blizzard entice the top raiders to run the LFR and carry all the others to victory? Anyway once the raiders have their 4p t13 and bought all the valor pieces they wanted, the LFR will become the place where nightmares come true...
    Lfr needs no carrying since it's faceroll easy and if anything , if 'top' raiders need LFR pugs to get their 'fat' lootz the ones they pug with are carying them basicly since they apperantly can't form a full lfr raid themselfs and without those pugs , they are the ones getting nothing.

Thanks for the idea. Spread the wealth.

Quick fix however.

Drumroll please...

Put a 10 min limit on the item to trade.

/profit!

Genius I tell you.

Gives you enough time if it indeed was a mistake.
    Last edited by scdogg44; 2011-12-15 at 03:35 PM.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

The LFR loot is commensurate with the level of difficulty. The humorless idea that only hardcore raiders get loot is no longer in keeping with the design of game.

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    this, also lots of people just need on everything they can so they can sell it to those who want it, works pretty good
    That doesn't work well at all. You can only trade gold with people from your server. Stop suggesting poorly informed anti-social behavior.

I think the best fix would be making all LFR loot untradable if won on a need roll just like LFG. This fixed the issue in LFG when a BOE dropped. People usually don't need on BoE epics in LFG anymore unless they actually plan on wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    i hit need on everything i can hit need on, and dont check the drops during the raid.

After its over and i zone out, i look to see if i won anything, its like playing the lotto.
    So you're that asshole who wins, 3x Vishanka's from madness of DW and quits the raid. I hate you.