Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No, it's not a raid.
    A raid is made by a well-defined tactics, which must be followed by every raid member, and creative mechanics which make people think and take decisions.
    What we saw so far is what's called 'a zergfest': zero tactics, every-man-for-himself DPS race, idiot-proof design where you physically can do no wrong whichever you would do. It's rather opposite of what most RPG people are calling a raid.

The other NCSoft hit, Lineage II, had massive fights with giant dragons (like Valakas) among other impressive "raid bosses" too for several years already. I prefer classic-style fights and teamwork over anonymous zergfests, so my opinion is that GW should have proper raid content instead of current misapprehension.
    Nope it's not a raid, and doesn't even come close to a raid, people who expect raids from GW2, should move on.

However, the things you've seen were Demo Encounters, majorly tweaked for the audience to experience. Elite events had; many many adds, various conditions, certain mechanics and things to protect, while helping out the group. Resurrecting people where needed.

Trust me when I say this, if in GW2 you try to zerg a boss, ignore everything what's going on. You will die, and again, and again, and again, and again.

No it's no raid, nothing near it. But who the hell cares? I'd like to take a big-ass dragon out with 100 people instead of 10.

No, it's not a raid.
    A raid is made by a well-defined tactics, which must be followed by every raid member, and creative mechanics which make people think and take decisions.
    Every time I see a raid on youtube it looks like a zergfest your point?
    btw I heard you like tactics bro... so I found tactics http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defe...tl_the_Sunless

What we saw so far is what's called 'a zergfest': zero tactics, every-man-for-himself DPS race, idiot-proof design where you physically can do no wrong whichever you would do. It's rather opposite of what most RPG people are calling a raid.
    honestly your post is the equivalent of a child saying "I don't want to eat X it looks icky and it will make me sick"
    if you think it's icky good on you but don't go around telling ppl it made you sick

idiot-proof design where you
    *holds off on saying something mean in fear of mod's warth*

The other NCSoft hit, Lineage II, had massive fights with giant dragons (like Valakas) among other impressive "raid bosses" too for several years already. I prefer classic-style fights and teamwork over anonymous zergfests, so my opinion is that GW should have proper raid content instead of current misapprehension.
    Well I prefer the idea of the open community fell of DE's so I'll wait and see how deep they play.
    anyway I've heard of this great game called "Lineage II" you should try you'd probably be into it it has this one encounter with a dragon named Valakas

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I asked you before to stop posting without doing some research into GW2.
    don't let him get to you he does this all the time just ingore/report and move on :P
    Last edited by SPeedy26; 2012-01-05 at 12:36 PM.
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer

No, it's not a raid.

It hard to argue with one who isn't interested in listening or reading.

again (told you in an other thread):
    1.) NCSoft is only the publisher to this game. The team behind GW2 is called ArenaNet and their last games were the Guild Wars games, not Aion or Lineage 2.
    2.) There are instanced raids in the game, they are for 5 players only, but they pretty much have those creative mechanics (linked you a hands-on-dungeon preview in the top 5 false assumptions - thread.)
    3.) Dynamic boss events aren't idiot proof (again, as mentioned in the other thread those are hard and the developers played with their guys in the demos to ensure success)

so please, accept the facts and stop ignoring them again and again and again in each of the gw2-threads. It really only makes YOU look stupid.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-01-05 at 02:24 PM.

No, it's not a raid.

I think you need to do a little more research on the game instead of assuming shit..

Idk what you mean by NCSoft because GW wasn't made by them only published, ARENANET is who makes GW1/GW2.

edit: Well now that I know you're a troll... and you're banned <3
    Last edited by Heheumadhehe; 2012-01-05 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    I really wanted to play this game, until I heard that there was no plans whatsoever for raiding
    I love raiding to be honest, I love the tight community it brings and I just don't feel like running 5mans would be the same. And I'm also not a fan of the big outdoor system, I've met too many idiots in random games/gametypes in my time of gaming that I would never trust random people again

So yes, I do think there should have been
    There are no other games where you can asist random people and everyone get loot.

In any current mmo you don't want random people, but in guildwars2 you will and the more the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    There are no other games where you can asist random people and everyone get loot.
    Rift. /10 characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rift. /10 characters
    That is if you join the party. Even then it is based on participation. Did they fix healers getting shafted for healing Rifts? Either way, it isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    That is if you join the party. Even then it is based on participation. Did they fix healers getting shafted for healing Rifts? Either way, it isn't the same.
    Nope. If you assist someone, even if not in the group you get credit. This also applies to quest mobs and quest loot. Also applies IAs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. If you assist someone, even if not in the group you get credit. This also applies to quest mobs and quest loot. Also applies IAs as well.
    Nope that only applies to rift loot, not quests, you must be on the quest and hit the mob first to get the kill, in guildwars 2 there are no quests, and ppl in and out of the same group can kill the mob and all of them first to hit it or last get rewarded.

Nope that only applies to rift loot, not quests, you must be on the quest and hit the mob first to get the kill, in guildwars 2 there are no quests, and ppl in and out of the same group can kill the mob and all of them first to hit it or last get rewarded.
    It applies to quest mobs. It doesn't apply to cross faction assists. Which is understandable within their context.

In fact, I got like 100k PA this morning with my sister in our 2 man group outside of a onslaught raid. And turned in weekly.

No, you dont have to tag quest mobs in RIFT. As long as you hit it once you will get the quest loot.

Can I act all indignant over someone being mistaken over a game mechanic in another game like GW2 fans get when someone makes a false claim about GW2 mechanics?

/cheeky & poking fun :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    No, you dont have to tag quest mobs in RIFT. As long as you hit it once you will get the quest loot.
    I just said that, Tag it and bag it in rift and classic mmo's NO Tag in guildwars2, thats what i typed.

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 11:21 PM ----------

Can I act all indignant over someone being mistaken over a game mechanic in another game like GW2 fans get when someone makes a false claim about GW2 mechanics?

/cheeky & poking fun :>
    I played rift to 45, if someone hits a mob first they keep it unless that changed after the first month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just said that, Tag it and bag it in rift and classic mmo's NO Tag in guildwars2, thats what i typed.
    reread his post, he said you DONT HAVE TO TAG QUEST MOBS.... you said they did in Rift... And why are we talking about Rift in the GW2 forums especially in the "should guild wars 2 have raids" thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I say no. I'm at a point in my life where I still like the thought of getting online with other people and putting together our collective skills to accomplish a feat that we couldn't do alone, but I'm also married with 2 small children and cannot commit to any kind of progression raiding schedule. With that being the case, a game with 5 man dungeons and WvWvW PvP that I can jump in and out of and quick match PvP skirmish type things seems like just the kind of thing that I can get into without investing too much time.

I know if there were large scale instanced raids in GW2 I would eventually start to feel like I was missing out on a big part of the game if I didn't participate and I don't really need that temptation. I'd much rather the game just be a fun game, focused on cooperation and smaller scale events that I can complete without devoting 3 or 4 hours 3 or more times a week to completing.

No.
    I used to like raiding in WoW, but then I realized that the only thing that I liked about it was the progress and sense of achievement for downing bosses.
    If you can't progress past the first quarter of a raid (like a lot of guilds), you will hate the game because the only focus for end-game PVE is raiding.
    The idea of 10 mans and 25 mans completely bottlenecks the players into one way to play the game, which ruins the sense of freedom.
    Also, raids seem to ruin the sense of the "RPG" in "MMORPG" because you're not really progressing through your own characters story, you're just progressing through lore.

I'm sure ArenaNet wants to be able to open up the game to as many people as possible. Which is good, because not many people have enough time to devote to raids.

----------
    On top of that, you would be "picking" out the best players for your group, creating an elitism in the game.
    Last edited by Craind; 2012-01-19 at 11:27 PM.

no it's not a MMORPG it is a FPS if there were raids it could not of been cosidered a FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    reread his post, he said you DONT HAVE TO TAG QUEST MOBS.... you said they did in Rift... And why are we talking about Rift in the GW2 forums especially in the "should guild wars 2 have raids" thread?
    He didn't initially, and it still holds true if someone else first tags the mob. You won't get cross faction credit or the same Q-loot, but you always get credit and loot for helping others. Even cross faction.

Thus his: There are no other games where you can assist random people and everyone get loot.

Is false. One can assist others and gain loot within Rift.

I played rift to 45, if someone hits a mob first they keep it unless that changed after the first month.
    It's one of the most robustly updated MMO to date from a AAA developer. What do you think?
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-19 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seanhenry10 View Post
    no it's not a MMORPG it is a FPS if there were raids it could not of been cosidered a FPS
    I'ts not an FPS. I don't know where in the hell you got that notion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Rift was brought up by other posters saying random events were bad.
    I tried to explain that in typical mmo's you want to end up questing alone so you get your kills, and kill stealing and all that stuff.

And how in guildwars 2 there is no kill stealing no mob tagging and people can quest together without being in the same group if they want to be.

Some guy posted about rift did it, but its wrong because for quests you need to both have the quest you need to be in the same group.
    Thats why i used the word rift sorry.