10+ Year Old Account

Early Access and flimsy diet rationlisation

I have now decided to completely give up trying to get my metabolism back into ketosis (fat burning mode) until I get my SWTOR early access. I'll be hungry or I'll be bored but I won't be hungry and bored.

Or, as a programmer would say:

Code:
    while(true)
    {
            if ($jedi == true)
            {
                    $cheesecake = 0;
                    break;
            }
            else
            {
                    $cheesecake++;
            }
    }

Do lightsabers trump delicious delicious burgers for anyone else?
    Last edited by Klingers; 2011-12-15 at 06:21 AM.

I don't remember much from my highschool programming class, but aren't if/else commands lazy programming? You should make it more needlessly complex for the sake of making the teacher happy. /sagenod.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    aren't if/else commands lazy programming?.
    I would be extremely surprised if you had a teacher tell you that. If/Else structures are a very important part of programming. Switch statements are similar and also commonly used, but If/Else is definitely not lazy programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Anowyn View Post
    I would be extremely surprised if you had a teacher tell you that. If/Else structures are a very important part of programming. Switch statements are similar and also commonly used, but If/Else is definitely not lazy programming.
    No, it's just first semester programming.

More elegant:
    Code:
    while(!($jedi)) $cheesecake++;
    $cheesecake = 0;
    Last edited by delnadris; 2011-12-15 at 07:55 AM.

Deleted
    i dont think I was supposed to see this...

/brain explosion

Either way you'd probably have to do a try/catch statement to avert buffer overflow.

This would be equivalent to your friends rolling you off to the hospital in a wheelbarrow for liposuction after you've consumed 2^8096 servings of cheesecake.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

And anyway, forget that nonsense with ketosis = fat burning. Completely false. Ketotis is only a temporary state that you could reach by extreme workouts or by starving yourself to death. In normal healthy people you won't see it to any extent. Lose weight = calories_out > calories_in. Eat well, and exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    And anyway, forget that nonsense with ketosis = fat burning. Completely false. Ketotis is only a temporary state that you could reach by extreme workouts or by starving yourself to death. In normal healthy people you won't see it to any extent. Lose weight = calories_out > calories_in. Eat well, and exercise.
    Or eat less if you exercise less!

Deleted
    would need to find out what your base metabolic rate is first before finding out what "less" actually is

Quote Originally Posted by godhand2nd View Post
    would need to find out what your base metabolic rate is first before finding out what "less" actually is
    I stopped eating Chinese food (in China) and did some home cooking and I've lost almost 8 kilos since September. That's with minimal exercise. Diet is the most important thing. Exercise is not.