Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"NEW" youtube layout

As many of you might have noticed, today youtube destroyed it's awesome old CosmicPanda look

This Thing

With a cluttered lowsy PoS they call a new look:

This Abomination

Why would they do this and is there any way to get back the panda? Also Post your Oppinions.

But.. the thing is smaller, and... what is panda, and... what?

Always looked like that for me.

They change Youtubes layout literally once every couple of months, have done for the past 4-5 years, just bear with it and it will change again soon enough..
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

click the middle screen button and tada you have your old look back

too bad the whole new youtube as a whole sucks horribly
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post

There was an interface called cosmic panda for the past year or so.
    It let you have a video box as big as you like and it put a nice gray background behind the video, it felt like it was designed for 1920x1080. Or atleast 1650x1050.
    There were no reccomendations getting in the way of the video and you couldnt see comments unless you scrolled down.

Deleted
    New look is just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post

same here , the thing that he says just appears on the main video of a channel. for me .
    Last edited by rakall; 2011-12-15 at 05:23 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they've redesigned Youtube to be more accessible on mobile and tablet devices.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post

Uhh, I kinda tried that, also checked for new userscripts and extentions, nada. I could've ignored the crappy new homescreen, but they reverted the video interface back to 2005. Allofmyrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post

I fail to understand how youtube sucks. (fo real)
    If you want to listen to a song you dont want to download, youtube.
    If you're bored and want to watch random movies, youtube.
    If you want to get famous, youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I prefer the front page. I now actually want to watch videos from people i sub to, rather than getting 3 months old vids because of silly bugs.
    that's weird, Now I have to scroll down to see more than 2 new videos from someone, and since I sub to let's players there's sometimes like 4-5 videos at once and I can't find them all

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Dude, youtube is youtube, but the interface is horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    There was an interface called cosmic panda for the past year or so.
    It let you have a video box as big as you like and it put a nice gray background behind the video, it felt like it was designed for 1920x1080. Or atleast 1650x1050.
    There were no reccomendations getting in the way of the video and you couldnt see comments unless you scrolled down.
    While I agree that the new look is terrible. (Especially their front page.)

I didn't like the "cosmic panda" style either.
    - Why watch low resolution videos in high res (on your screen)?
    - Recommendations are usually (not always) decent depending on what genre of videos you look at. Often I go for a recommendation after 2 seconds since I realize the video is not what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    I could either start a rant with counter points to what you said, or just ignore you because it doesn't pertain to the thread

Guess which one I'm going with

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    While I agree that the new look is terrible. (Especially their front page.)

I didn't like the "cosmic panda" style either.
    - Why watch low resolution videos in high res (on your screen)?
    - Recommendations are usually (not always) decent depending on what genre of videos you look at. Often I go for a recommendation after 2 seconds since I realize the video is not what I'm looking for.
    Cosmic panda offered 4 window sizes. most yotube movies nowadays are 720p, and I use an AutoHD addon. Reccomendations are cool, but Why stick them next to the video, in cosmic panda they were next to the comments, to see them you needed to scroll down jusst a bit and you were there. Now it's a clusterfuck.

Deleted
    Yep, the new Youtube interface is terrible and I'm just waiting for the Greasemonkey script I use to be updated so elements I never use don't take up 70% of youtube's interface (which is only using 50% of my screen width in the first place).

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing that sucks most about this new layout is that I can't remove videos from my sub box once I've watched them. It clutters the whole front page.

I like new youtube, things you have subscribed could be more clear with their videos though.

15+ Year Old Account
    a) your 2 shots are not comparable because one is fullscreen and the other just a window
    b) click the middle button and the player is just the same size again

biased review is biased.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!