Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    I don't know how that claim holds water considering spriests get 70% of their damage from DoT sources and Boomkins get at best 35%. Pretty much means they need to be doing double our DPS to get the same extra damage from the DI proc. The only other way they could get more personal DPS is if the 3% haste buff scales them at a degree that makes up the difference and there is no way their haste scaling is at a level to make that happen.
    You are rocking plenty of haste in t13 gear and it's value dimishes whilst 3% is cool, DI allows boomkins to reach otherwise unreachable haste point significantly benefiting the raid. We had best dps increase results having DI on Feral and Boomkin anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Boomkins get most personal DPS after patch.
    Do some real research on the subject.

OT, for no DI and no staff, the priest is actually the least one to worry about as far as your dps goes. You need to get the mage and hunter up to par for the gear and specs they are on that parse. Honestly, imo, if it was me I would bring a lock over the hunter. You will see a huge improvement in your raid dps. A good shadowpriest with a good lock in the ilvl gear your raid is in will both be over 35k easy for that fight.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 07:16 PM ----------

You are rocking plenty of haste in t13 gear and it's value dimishes whilst 3% is cool, DI allows boomkins to reach otherwise unreachable haste point significantly benefiting the raid. We had best dps increase results having DI on Feral and Boomkin anyway.
    The haste part isnt what truly matters about the buff, even though more haste is good. Boomkins get no where near the benefit of the % dot damage from the buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post

OT, for no DI and no staff, the priest is actually the least one to worry about as far as your dps goes. You need to get the mage and hunter up to par for the gear and specs they are on that parse. Honestly, imo, if it was me I would bring a lock over the hunter. You will see a huge improvement in your raid dps. A good shadowpriest with a good lock in the ilvl gear your raid is in will both be over 35k easy for that fight.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 07:16 PM ----------

The haste part isnt what truly matters about the buff, even though more haste is good. Boomkins get no where near the benefit of the % dot damage from the buff.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tent-%284.3%29

What truly matters is raid DPS and in current endgame enviroment equal boomkin will be a better pick.
    Last edited by Exiztence; 2011-12-20 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Wrong link

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tent-%284.3%29

What truly matters is raid DPS and in current endgame enviroment equal boomkin will be a better pick.
    CURRENT endgame environment boomkins are using T13 Heroic BIS gear?

Deleted

Unhappy

Ultraxion 10man HC

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2524&e=2841
    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4f0a4...a0006ac#damage
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Leglo/advanced

There's a log of the night, you guys probably understand shadow priests better than I do so tell me why does his dps suck so much? He is new to the class, but still, with his gear imo, he should be pulling around 30k dps, then again i could be wrong.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    /cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habibulin View Post
    Ultraxion 10man HC

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2524&e=2841
    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4f0a4...a0006ac#damage
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Leglo/advanced

There's a log of the night, you guys probably understand shadow priests better than I do so tell me why does his dps suck so much? He is new to the class, but still, with his gear imo, he should be pulling around 30k dps, then again i could be wrong.

/cheers!

He is competing with fire mages, so I don't really blame him, lol (despite it being a joke, fire mages should still be ahead if equal gear lvl).

On a serious note, you don't have 8 % spell damage taken to target, so expect your casters to be 2-3k lower than optimal. You have 10 % spell power and 3 % raid dmg (from ret and ele), which are unusual 10man raid buffs, so it kind of outweigths the loss.
    He is mind blast a bit too little (often the easiest way to obtain a big dps gain), could use a very small improvement on VT uptime, and 52 % uptime on mind flay is a bit poor, but considering his low haste level (he has staff though), it's probably only because he doesn't clip correctly and not because he doesn't press his buttons hard enoguh.
    His dps will go up by a huge margin once he gets a full execute phase (and not wiping beforehand), basically because how beautifully designed our 2piece is.

Who is this 2nd priest you compared your spriest with in the raidbot link (Kóso)? He isnt really the optimum either looking at his performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habibulin View Post
    Ultraxion 10man HC

(links)

/cheers!
    Well, I'm not the best Shadow priest, but I ran a comparison against my own numbers as well. I didn't have the legendary yet for this fight, so don't go just by my armory.

Anyway, something I notice in both your CompareBot and mine... is that while most abilities have similar "Ability DPS", the Mind Flay is really really difference. If I had to guess, I'd say your shadow priest is clipping Mind Flay ticks. Do they have an addon like Quartz that can help them their damage ticks? It's really important to make sure that Mind Flay's third damage tick actually goes off. If you keep interrupting it by casting another ability too soon, that can really make your DPS suffer...

ALSO, he needs to be using Shadow Word: Death in the execute phase, if your healers can handle it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Who is this 2nd priest you compared your spriest with in the raidbot link (Kóso)? He isnt really the optimum either looking at his performance.
    Kóso was one of the spriests on worldoflogs that didn't have legendary staff, that's why I compared him with our spriest, but can't really find good spriest that I can compare him with, since almost noone have item lvl under 390. Can our spriest pull 30k dps with his gear.. I know Ultraxion wasn't under 25%, but still. btw Tnx for u're input.

If I had to guess, I'd say your shadow priest is clipping Mind Flay ticks. Do they have an addon like Quartz that can help them their damage ticks? It's really important to make sure that Mind Flay's third damage tick actually goes off. If you keep interrupting it by casting another ability too soon, that can really make your DPS suffer.
    So clipping is a big nono for spriest. Will ask him about that, but i'm sure his got Quartz. As for SW we dind't make it to the execute phase. Still, Tnx for u're thoughts.

Deleted
    Double post
    Last edited by mmoccb6d3ca1a8; 2012-01-16 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    I have a question concerning my dps and I am really lost in how to improve it (if that's even the case)
    My guild is currently on Ultraxion HM 25m and we are hitting the enrage timer.
    I am already pushing "the button" as late as possible and removing my dispersion after Hour of Twilight so maximize my dps.
    With good RnG I am doing approximately 33k and 35k dps and the officers are complaining my dps is too low. (I am running with Dark Intent).

Obviously I am executing the priority list as I should do, so I am really lost here what I am doing wrong.

Maybe you guys can figure it out. I'll post a link of my armory and WoL as soon as my account is eligible for that.

World of logs:

Armory :

Greets

Character :Lyyk

Realm : Sylvanas
    Last edited by mmoc9fa4a778e7; 2012-01-30 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    with about the same gear (armory below) i managed to do 32-33k dps without DI on ultraxion 10man but we killed it faster than what the logs shows for him so you got some guys underperforming or just a bad single target setup.

Deleted
    Well yes we did have people underperforming I agree. Is it the correct assumption from your statement that this is what I should be able to do with the current gear I have? Or am I systematicly doing something wrong? I don't want to go for the wild card I don't have the legendary staff yet. But I have the feeling it will help a bunch with SWD procs on the execute phase.

Quote Originally Posted by WhistleRgv View Post
    I have a question concerning my dps and I am really lost in how to improve it (if that's even the case)
    My guild is currently on Ultraxion HM 25m and we are hitting the enrage timer.
    I am already pushing "the button" as late as possible and removing my dispersion after Hour of Twilight so maximize my dps.
    With good RnG I am doing approximately 33k and 35k dps and the officers are complaining my dps is too low. (I am running with Dark Intent).

Obviously I am executing the priority list as I should do, so I am really lost here what I am doing wrong.

Maybe you guys can figure it out. I'll post a link of my armory and WoL as soon as my account is eligible for that.

World of logs:

Armory :

Greets

Character :Lyyk

Realm : Sylvanas

Is there a reason you broke your 2 piece T12 (391) to wear 3 pieces of T13? If you still have your T12 gloves, you should put them on until you get your chest off Ultraxion. The set bonus is worth more than breaking it for a single piece of 397 gear. Even downgrading to an LFR T13 chest would be better to get your set bonus than wearing the single 391 T12 piece. DPS on this fight is really dependent on how many fading lights you end up getting. 33-35k with DI in a 25 man setting does seem low for your gear. Gemming, chanting and reforging are all spot on other than not matching the yellow socket in your chest, so we need a log posted to get to the meat of the issue.