15+ Year Old Account

Question from a new Civ5 player to someone who played :p

[IMG][/IMG]

How come I dont get any iron?
    I got a mine that at least seem to produce 2 of them, yet 0 iron every turn.

---------- Post added 2011-12-16 at 01:10 AM ----------

Wake up people, there goto be a few hundreds of thousands of people who played who played Civ 1-5 that can help me
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I would say it's likely because you have a unit that requires iron - Like a catapult or ballista. If a unit requires a strategic resource to produce it also requires said resource as upkeep every turn.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, what he said. once you get the resources in this version, then you build something that requires those resources, they get used up until you mine more. fyi, that goes for "gift" units from city-states as well, so if belgrade or someone gave you a couple swordsmen, they used your iron rations up in doing so (weird, I know, but that's the way it works in this game)
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...