Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Then there's also battery life to consider! There needs to be serious strides in that department soon.
    Side note, did you see the new LG Nitro only has 1 day of battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    Side note, did you see the new LG Nitro only has 1 day of battery life?
    Wow. That's fucking hilarious. THIS PHONE IS SO FAST THAT IT WILL LET YOU DO THINGS for a few minutes if you plan on doing anything meaningful the rest of the day.

Deleted
    I have to say this "user friendliness" of Apple products is entirely subjective. It is NOT the objective fact some people make it out to be. I've had my hands on iMacs, Macbooks and iPhones several times and they always frustrate me with how annoyingly stubborn and counter-intuitive to me they function. I hate it. For me it's half the user-friendliness and double the price. If Apple marketing did one thing right it's convincing the world that you pay their price but get the best experience in return. That is not true, it's entirely subjective - like most other products.

That said, I don't like the Samsung Galaxy phones either. They're too plastic for my taste. Also a very different feel compared to the iPhone. I suggest you go and hold both phones in a store and see how they make you feel. As far as under the hood goes you can look at other android options like an HTC for example. You're not forced to go Samsung when you want an Android phone that competes with Apple.

You cant beat the sexy voice of siri...

but i got my samsung galaxy s2 last thursday....I love it so much. I look at my friends & co workers iphone's and droid incredibles, thunderbolts...all of it. And just go lol...look at this homes.

4"7 screen...so crisp and clear. Get the galaxy, unless its defective u wont regret it.

Plus the android market has so many more free apps than apple

Deleted
    I'd definitely go with the iPhone 4S... Very nice OS, beautiful design and good hardware at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    I'd definitely go with the iPhone 4S... Very nice OS, beautiful design and good hardware at the moment
    samsung galaxy s2 has better hardware. Data encryption is to come early this upcoming year and with 4.0 update its gonna be almost 100x better...

you only argue if you've never owned a samsung galaxy s2...I work at verizon and my roommate works at sprint. i've seen both...galaxy s2 is much much better

Recently upgraded to a 4s because the battery of my 4 died...personally I still think that the galaxy is the better phone but the 4s hands down looks better.

Nexus is what i would pick

I have a Galaxy S2 and I wouldn't trade it for any phone on the current market. It's an absolutely phenomenal device and rocks in every way.

wait till next year when they start adding dual cores to smart phones, which will utterly leave everything from the last generation in the the dust. And there realy isn't a point to getting the 4s this late in the game, the Iphone 5 will be out in 5-6 months (with dual core).

Same thing with tablets, buy an asus transformer prime/other quad core tablet instead of the dual cores of this generation. the Asus (comin out on the 19th) is the first one of the 4 core generation and is going to make every other tablet currently on the market including the Ipad 2 look like a pile of crap, especially after getting the android 4.0 update.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    wait till next year when they start adding dual cores to smart phones, which will utterly leave everything from the last generation in the the dust. And there realy isn't a point to getting the 4s this late in the game, the Iphone 5 will be out in 5-6 months (with dual core).
    Both the Iphone 4s and the Galaxy S2 have dual-core processors.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Both the Iphone 4s and the Galaxy S2 have dual-core processors.
    Eh? My bad then, but still, I would wait to get the Iphone 5 instead of the 4s, the 5 is about half a year away and will be far better than the 4s. In 6 months there will be much better android phones out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Higher end phones have already been coming with dual core SOCs for at least 5 months now. HTC is releasing the first quad core phone in a matter of one or two months, called the HTC Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Higher end phones have already been coming with dual core SOCs for at least 5 months now. HTC is releasing the first quad core phone in a matter of one or two months, called the HTC Edge.
    And hopefully it will come with a hip-mounted battery pack so you get more than an hour of talk time

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    And hopefully it will come with a hip-mounted battery pack so you get more than an hour of talk time
    It will be using Nvidia's Tegra 3 SoC which has actually shown a remarkable ability to conserve power. Recent benchmarks put its consumption around Samsung's Exynos 1.2 ghz processors but with double the number of logical cores.

The nexus just came out today so I cant say much about it.

Right now of all the reviews I've read the samsung galaxy s2 is the best phone on the market from all nerdy reviews.

So...I hope that helps

Samsung ofc. Much better, more funcionaloty. IPhone is just a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Vixen View Post
    Hey all, I'll be getting a new phone but can't decide between the Apple iPhone 4S OR Samsung Galaxy S 4G... so which one's better?! Which one would YOU choose? Do you have either one of them... how do you like it?

I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback!
    If you're going to go with Android, I HIGHLY suggest the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, a much better phone IMO.

I have an iphone 4 and two of my brothers have the Galaxy s2, probably slightly different to the model you mention but I really like it actually, the screen size and resolution is brilliant (Not as good as retina but the overall physical size is larger) and it is pretty zippy.

Going to have some decisions to make myself when upgrade time comes along.

With icloud etc and just the simplicity iphone just about shades it for me but the Galaxy is a very nice handset indeed and not to be sniffed at. The physical structure of it may not be as attractive or solid but on-screen, speed etc it puts up a very good case for itself.

Peope are saying the s2 has better hardware than the 4s, maybe but go and look at some benchmarks, you might be surprised.
    Last edited by Beasty; 2011-12-16 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    I have an iphone 4 and two of my brothers have the Galaxy s2, probably slightly different to the model you mention but I really like it actually, the screen size and resolution is brilliant (Not as good as retina but the overall physical size is larger) and it is pretty zippy.

Going to have some decisions to make myself when upgrade time comes along.

With icloud etc and just the simplicity iphone just about shades it for me but the Galaxy is a very nice handset indeed and not to be sniffed at. The physical structure of it may not be as attractive or solid but on-screen, speed etc it puts up a very good case for itself.

Peope are saying the s2 has better hardware than the 4s, maybe but go and look at some benchmarks, you might be surprised.
    Umm show me one benchmark where iphone 4s beats the galaxy s2?