heroic hagara 10m help

hello guys, last night we put in some attempts on hagara heroic and yea, did not go well at all. The ice phase was just due to that 1 pug who kept failing. However, lightning was a huge issue for us. Every video i've watched, they barely took dmg at all. When we did it, even with spamming divine lights I couldn't keep people up. We used the strategy for lightning that meridian used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiELd4wWuzk. Here is our logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0r...?s=2124&e=2186. Is there something we are doing wrong with lightning phase? Why are we taking so much damage. Other people in the group are convinced that it's a gear issue at this point but I refuse to believe so. Is it indeed a gear issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Deleted
    Well first of all you have neither a Tranquility nor a [holy] Divine Hymn which are a huge help in lightning phase, I have yet to see a video of a guild doing it without one. Secondly, yes your gear is a tad low but not incredibly so. You should work on Yor and Zon first imo before doing Hagara, but that preference will vary from guild to guild. You have a DK tank and a holy pally so Yor should be easy (hint: WoG and Death Strike don't add stacks to purple slime debuff).

Try practicing until you can do the lightning phase with 11 or less stacks. But as RavenGage said... it's insanely hard without Tranq or Holy Hymn.
    Make sure your DK Tank uses 4pc t13 and glyphed Rune Tap in the lightning phase to help with healing as well as all the defensive cooldowns from your DDs (AMS, Barkskin, Ice Block, Dispersion, Shadow Priest Shields, Warrior Shieldwall / Shout, etc).

Good Luck!
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Newti View Post
    Try practicing until you can do the lightning phase with 11 or less stacks. But as RavenGage said... it's insanely hard without Tranq or Holy Hymn.
    Make sure your DK Tank uses 4pc t13 and glyphed Rune Tap in the lightning phase to help with healing as well as all the defensive cooldowns from your DDs (AMS, Barkskin, Ice Block, Dispersion, Shadow Priest Shields, Warrior Shieldwall / Shout, etc).

Good Luck!
    sorry to bump this so late, but how do I check in logs how many stacks we got?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I don't think you do, unless you just check how much damage you took from Lightning Storm and then do some math-fu to figure it out. It's 1 stack per second so you can also gauge by that.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Assuming you use worldoflogs.com.
    1. Select your Hagara report (or multiple reports).
    2. Go to "Dashboard" -> "Expression Editor"
    3. Type this:

spell = "Lightning Storm" and fullType = SPELL_AURA_APPLIED_DOSE and amount >= 10 and targetName = "Newti"

Change Newti to the name of a person in your Raid that can not reset stacks or prevent stacks from being applied.
    This query will show you any stacks you got above 10. To Change that number, edit the value amount.
    Your Output will look like this:

[19:56:45.673] Newti afflicted by Lightning Storm (10) from Hagara the Stormbinder
    [19:56:48.040] Newti afflicted by Lightning Storm (11) from Hagara the Stormbinder
    [19:56:50.026] Newti afflicted by Lightning Storm (12) from Hagara the Stormbinder
    [20:00:42.848] Newti afflicted by Lightning Storm (10) from Hagara the Stormbinder
    [20:00:44.853] Newti afflicted by Lightning Storm (11) from Hagara the Stormbinder
    This means, in the first phase we had 12 Stacks and in the second storm phase we had 11 stacks. Be aware that some people can reset stacks or prevent them from being applied.

If you want to check the stacks for everyone, enter this expression:

spell = "Lightning Storm" and fullType = SPELL_AURA_APPLIED_DOSE and amount >= 10 or spell = "Water Shield"

The Water Shield part is there to see where the new lightning phase begins.
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

Deleted
    As previously stated tranq or holy divine hymn is key.

Deleted
    Make priest go holy, DH is insane in lighthing phase, as it will always be up for it.

We do it with disc+druid+pala and go as high as 18 stacks, we just have 2 people run up the sides and everyone else hugging the middle, without anyone dying.