Poll: Republic or Empire

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Republic or Empire?

On some forums some people are suggesting that overall faction balance is skewed in one way or another. While there is no way to confirm that, I'd like to hear which faction you MMO guys are playing at launch or during EA and why?

I'll play republic because I think the Consular is an awesome class lore wise (peaceful monk-like) and class wise (shadow + sage are so diverse).

EDIT (added my post from below): Sure there have been polls like this, but I was interested in what people are actually playing at launch, not what they thought was more awesome in general some time ago.
    Last edited by mmoc1c0b124cfa; 2011-12-16 at 12:54 PM.

For the Empire !

10+ Year Old Account
    Empire all the way, who would want to be a sissy Jedi, with all their peace and harmony crap.

Pfft, Sith got red lightsabers, the Republic got blue/green/purple. PURPLE! <3

Deleted
    Republic, simply because 90% of the similar threads of these I've seen people are saying Empire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Empire all the way, who would want to be a sissy Jedi, with all their peace and harmony crap.
    I would, I'm a peaceful person Consular incorporates so much of what the Jedi order stands for, so I'm super excited about the story.
    Last edited by mmoc1c0b124cfa; 2011-12-16 at 10:53 AM.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that the Empire (Sith classes in particular) will have a lot more players. I hope this isn't the case, but I think it will be. Sith powers are cooler than Jedi powers, being evil in a game (or a prick at the very least) is generally a lot more fun than trying to be a saint. I'm sure over time it will even out some as people start making alts, but I think for a while the Republic will be heavily outnumbered, on PvP servers at least. My server on WoW is probably ten Horde for every one Alliance. This is pretty much the kind of ratio I expect to see in TOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Pfft, Sith got red lightsabers, the Republic got blue/green/purple. PURPLE! <3
    I think purple is useable by all?

Probably going Republic because I imagine Empire is going to be a hive of scum and villainy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1ey View Post
    Republic, simply because 90% of the similar threads of these I've seen people are saying Empire.
    Sure there have been polls like this, but I was interested about what people are actually playing at launch, not what they thought was more awesome in general some time ago.

Republic, I loves me some good guys. Also, Jedi. FORCE LEAP!

Deleted
    I really tried hard to play the bad guy, but i just can't.
    Even in DA and ME, i rerolled to play the badass char after playing the shining knight, but it was just a less shining knight than the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    I think purple is useable by all?

Probably going Republic because I imagine Empire is going to be a hive of scum and villainy.
    But purple is pwetty :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    I really tried hard to play the bad guy, but i just can't.
    Even in DA and ME, i rerolled to play the badass char after playing the shining knight, but it was just a less shining knight than the first one.
    Same for me especially in Bioware games. I couldn't do it in BG2, in NWN, in DA, ME, heck, even in Skyrim, where doing evil is so easy and even required, I felt badly about it. Strangely I enjoy it when others are doing it and I just watch them (probably because I don't identify with their char).

Deleted
    both, Due to the epic story, and wanted to be bad as well as good.

This is the only Bioware game where I've enjoyed playing an evil character. In all their other games, especially Mass Effect and Dragon Age, you're already set up to be a hero, so playing an evil guy feels really disjointed.

Now, with that said, considering my Inquisitor was treated like scum from the minute he got off the transport shuttle, I've found it very easy and enjoyable to respond in kind.

I think it depends on the class story, really. I wouldn't be able to play a dark Jedi.

Empire SIth Warrior Jugg - Cyborg with the last body type. Fuck Yeah!

Republic. Simply because Empire practices mass murder, genocide and tyrany. Too much lore knowlege, i know.

Deleted
    Good, looks fairly balanced, didn't expect that . Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republic here, going with the underdog like I did with Horde in early WoW.

You see how that turned out right?

Wanna go republic...but some of my guildies are going empire :<