Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you need any help, poke Ranger Farzo ingame. Though it was some time ago I was online 8D

Also, I have been playing for like, 9 months or something, so I don't know that much about the game, but good enough to know about the lore and whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Airea, not trying to flame here, but it might be useful to first play and understand the game before asking about HoM stuff. :P

The HoM isn't meant to be filled within a week of playing, it is also there for the people that play Gw1 for some time now.
    Thank you for the links, but I was not expecting to have this be done in a matter of weeks, nor was I ever expecting to even get anywhere near full. I wanted to experience the lore, and learn a little bit about the game so I wasn't constantly fumbling around.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 03:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    If you're playing for the HoM the most important thing I learnt was to only do the primary quests. Don't play it like Wow and talk to everyone you see with a ! over their head. You don't need the XP and it will only waste your time.

Use the Wiki as your guide:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_...primary_quests
    Thank you Mif, that's probably the best link I've gotten yet.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 03:16 AM ----------

So, after looking at the list of Nightfall primary quests and missions, if I got a section of a mission where I had to get maybe 3 more levels before I could move on, would that be the time to do the secondary, little quests for exp until I can continue on with the mission?

About the starting missions in Istan, a bit of xp/rank grind in inevitable, it was implemented as a requirement because non-elonian characters arrive at at presumably max level to Istan. Their story is slightly different in that reguard. Just remember to grab the blessings/bounties from the scouts at resurrection shrines at all times. The grind is not too bad.
    Other tips i have for you, altho some of them will have been mentioned from the guys and gals before me:
    Try to complete or move towards multiple goals together. For example, try to finish the bonus objectives along with the missions you're doing.For each campaign this gives you 2 statues, which will get you up to 6 just like that. Now i know some bonuses are quite intimidating and quite hard, it's not really a problem to leave them for later and come back with a good hero-group. The guys above have given flawless methods of getting the required heroes!

One of my all-time-favourite advices that i was given is to finish Prophecies last. I did it with a group of heroes, with all the bonus objectives, for exactly two days. The hero AI is way better than the standart henchmen's and throughout Prophecies the henchment are not always at lvl 20, which is usually not very helpful. I know it might not make any sense story-wise, as in Prophecies happening several years before all the other campaigns, but it does make things easier machanics-wise.

I hope my wall of text did infact help. The game is pretty amazing and is worth playing through. The Hall of Monuments is not too hard to fill either. I, myself, have been playing on my account for two months and i am already at 27/30. Good luck and happy hunting!