Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Good glad to hear a company just came out and says open beta is for prmotion only, now lets hope they get some very good mmo players in to really test this game into the ground and actually do some work. No point testing in a open beta all that happens is people complain that the beta has bugs, which is very dum, and it loose sales because of it, this way the players that can actually test the game properly will see what needs to be changed, and the changes get done, rather then people just not doing content because it is actually bugged which i have seen in betas before

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrtnap View Post
    I wouldn't worry your English looks better than 90% of Americans in real life let alone on the internet.
    Oh, thank you very much

Oh god. I do not wish to wait 4 months for this game.

*sadface*

Deleted
    :P i'd be more then happy if it turns out to just be 4 months

When it does come out. I can't wait to ignore all the WoW fanboys. Or respond with "Go back to WoW.. And thanks for giving your money to the developers. It'll help them make more content for me."

Actually, I want to buy GW1, but the uncertainty of GW2's release date keeps me from it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    When it does come out. I can't wait to ignore all the WoW fanboys. Or respond with "Go back to WoW.. And thanks for giving your money to the developers. It'll help them make more content for me."
    This. you know damn well it will be said a million+ times

Deleted
    It's fun to read predictions on game selling sites of release.
    Only checked swedish sites, and one of them still has december this year =) Two other had october 16 which feels a bit more right, and rest are waiting official release dates. Have any of you seen more prediction dates?
    September-october makes sense in my personal predictions, cause I imagine open beta around april - may. If it's november they might as well wait til december for release and get those christmas childs into the game as well =)

Quote Originally Posted by The Planar Sphere View Post
    Oh god. I do not wish to wait 4 months for this game.

*sadface*
    Are you dead serious? I'm nearly waiting 5 years for this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I suppose the anxiety for some has increased lately due to the release of a complete tease of a closed beta and the lack of dev updates compared to a couple months ago. Me? I'm just playing Skyrim and finding discounted RPGs on Steam until the release.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    I suppose the anxiety for some has increased lately due to the release of a complete tease of a closed beta and the lack of dev updates compared to a couple months ago. Me? I'm just playing Skyrim and finding discounted RPGs on Steam until the release.
    Announcements like those can burst the GW2 Community in no time, it's fun to see. I'm doing my thing as well, while checking the websites regularly. It's good so far.

I think I'm going to be overexcited when they announce the release date. (Ohh the restless nights)

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Don't worry wow will drop under 8mil subs by the time MoP is released with asia being it's biggest playerbase and I think the biggest competition for this game is actually diablo 3 in terms of what players will need to decide on which game to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Planar Sphere View Post
    Actually, I want to buy GW1, but the uncertainty of GW2's release date keeps me from it.
    DO IT!
    The story is amazing in all three campaigns and the expansion. Plus you get one whole campaign for free, namely Guild Wars Beyond. It is also not too hard to get your Hall of Monuments full in less than two months. That's exactly what i did, and i am very happy with my purchase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    DO IT!
    The story is amazing in all three campaigns and the expansion. Plus you get one whole campaign for free, namely Guild Wars Beyond. It is also not too hard to get your Hall of Monuments full in less than two months. That's exactly what i did, and i am very happy with my purchase.
    alone? or with buddies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sindacairion View Post
    alone? or with buddies?
    It is very much possible to do alone. Just play through the campaigns and look for guides for all the easy HoM points (which are a lot if you own all the campaigns). But having a guild and friends always makes it more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Heh, I remember the first time I heard of GW1 and the hype it had. I was playing some other games at the time. I didn't quite researched GW1 but even if I did, couldn't afford it by then. I regret this now, seeing what GW1 is, and how sad is that I got this late to play it :/

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Played Morrowing and Oblivion but I wont buy Skyrim. For some reason I just hated it, lol. Can't elaborate right now cos I'm at work!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    DO IT!
    Yeah, I'd probably will!
    Just need to collect my check, pay some bills and then I'm all set! I'm only playing NWN atm, so I'd just convince my GF to try GW1 with me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    It is very much possible to do alone. Just play through the campaigns and look for guides for all the easy HoM points (which are a lot if you own all the campaigns). But having a guild and friends always makes it more enjoyable.
    I used to play guildwars 1. I have 15 points on the HoM now and I kinda wanna go for 30 but I find it a hard game to come back to.

Well, next friday is the 13th, and that will be one month after Closed Beta started. Usually games don't have closed betas lasting longer than 1-2 months, followed by a few weeks of tweaking, open beta for maybe 1-2 weeks, and finally the release of the game. Hope that CB finishes up by the end of this month and it will be out really soon.

CB - To test content
    OB - To test server loads (such as WvWvW) and market the game
    Last edited by Craind; 2012-01-08 at 07:02 PM.