Deleted

Having a minor dps problem... need a bit of correction

I have a dps problem in my affliction spec, it's only minor, but it's there... but first, here's my links:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oblywop/simple
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=6839&e=7191

I chose the ultraxion fight since it's pure dps check, so there souldn't be any stuff other than hc will to lower dps. I try to keep shadow embrace on 3 stacks through the whole fight, i'm thinking is the problem here is my gems. as i you can see, by hovering over my gear, i almost gemmed pure int+haste. i know i might've done wrong there, but i couldn't find a balance between brilliant and reckless gems...

If anyone could take a look at my rotation/priorities (if that's possible with the link i've given), and guide me on the right path with gems and maybe a bit of reforging (if there's a problem there).

Thank you in advance

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both links fail..

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't have any problem nor worry about keeping shadow's embrace up throughout the fight with the constant SB spam, and even during the execute phase since you still cast Haunt on CD which refreshes the 3 stacks, which you were able to do.

I'm not seeing serious downtime on dots not applied, doing pretty great there. I see you switched from BoD to BoA at the end there with <1min, something I honestly never thought of looking into, wondering if anyone else here can shed some light on if that's the right/wrong decision (it's easier to know when ultrax dies than other bosses which is why you could do it here), but that wouldn't cause a serious impact on your dps. You could squeeze in a few more shadow flames. 5:52min fight, 12s CD, roughly 29 shadowflames and I see 16, but that's getting nitpicky, not something to cause a huge dps change.

To me, it looks like your rotation and dot managing is pretty damn good. So the problem lies within your gem/reforging.

As for reforging, ever tried a reforging addon? I really like Reforge Lite, pre built models from EJ stat weights, and the ability to create your own models, but I believe by using one you could trim out that 30 extra hit rating (again, being nitpicky)

Int is everything to us. Int int int int int int. 95% of the time (being very lignet (sp?) there) if it's a red socket, you put a big fat red int gem in there. The majority of the time, if the socket bonus is only +10 anything, you put a big fat red in gem in there. Unless by replacing one, two, MAYBE three red in gems with the int/haste you can reach a new dot tick (that matters) it'd be worth it. But putting 5 oranges in red int sockets is definitely not, and I would recommend the same red gem for those boots.

EDIT!!!:Found one major, critical issue. You use your Rune of Zeth trinket once throughout the entire fight. Once, according to those logs, and it was during lust. That trinket must be used on CD. It lined up perfectly with recasting BoD every minute, and your Demon Soul every 2 minutes. I currently roll with that trinket, and I open up with SB > CoE > Haunt > RoZ > Demon Soul > then dots. Once RoZ is back up, use it and refresh BoD. When Demon Soul is up along with it, use it both and recast all your dots (even if this means you have to hold off on Haunt for a few seconds, which will hit bigger and auto refresh Corr), since your dots won't recognize your Demon Soul buff until they've been refreshed.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2011-12-17 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    never thought of the reforging add-on, and you're right about my CD's. i might be a bit too afraid to use them. i'll try to change that, and hopefully i can maximize my dps, thanks to you guys.

as for the shadowflame btw, i know i should use it more, but when you're keeping an eye on dots, uptime and boss mechanics, it CAN be a little difficult to keep it on cd..

Anyway, thanks guys. was a great help