After 16 hours of play, I think SWTOR can dethrone WoW if it plays its cards right.

As a Wow fanboy for 6 years (probably 250+ days played on my main; too scared to /play), I really REALLY think SWTOR has the potential to finally dethrone WoW. I love WoW, and even after trying Rift, Warhammer, and LOTR, I never got the satisfaction from leveling as I do from SWTOR. I already "feel" like my character and it has that unexplainable urge to keep playing which I've only found in WoW after all these years.

My warrior in SWTOR feels EXACTLY like my warrior in WoW does. It's not a bad thing though, since it basically feels like WoW 2.0. It has better graphics, animations, and the same melee hit detection and feel of the GCD that WoW does. I feel like if I knew the numbers and theorycraft behind the SWTOR warrior, I could play it just as good as my WoW warrior in like a week. That's one of my biggest fears in playing new mmo's, which is I always felt like learning a new melee class would be tedious and annoying since I'm so used ot my wow warrior. I love my wow warrior and feel like I could never "get the hang of" another melee class in another mmo, but SWTOR has prove me wrong. I feel "at home" on my Jedi Knight.

Anyone else feel the same way whos been playing it? SWTOR has that addictive quality I didn't find it Rift, LOTR and other mmo's that have came out that I played. Bioware definitely hit the nail on the head with this one. I havent experienced any glitches or anything that people have been talking about either.

If they can make the end game content and end game pvp on par with WoW, theres really no reason to ever play WoW again really since its a great copy but improves on graphics and gameplay and such.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2011-12-17 at 05:45 PM.

This subforum isn't for video game discussion.