Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

RIP DIO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaesimvrotos View Post

RIP DIO
    My flatmates find it amusing when I link them an awesome song like "Do You Close Your Eyes" by Rainbow or "Sun Cycle" by Blue Cheer primarily because it's from the 1960s/70s. That being said, I'm proud of wearing my Rainbow t-shirt every goddamn time.

I didn't even have to play the video in the OP. That solo is possibly the best thing ever played on guitar. If I close my eyes and focus a little bit, I can play the full extended version of it in my head note for note.

I was lucky enough to see Floyd live when they did the Pulse tour. I'd recommend this version of Comfortably Numb, from that tour--it has the extended solo at about 4:50...

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite music is bands like "The Fray", "Coldplay", "Kings of Leon", but I love music like "Darren Criss", "Bryan Rice" and "Sebastian Lind" just as much (note, the two last ones are danish).

I don't consider rap good music and I don't even consider heavy fucking metal music at all. The hardest rock I like is Linkin Park, not harder. Another type of music I hate is dub step "Skrillex" for an example. Hurts my ears, but I love club music. My favorite DJ is danish DJ Kato, if you like club music, listen to him. He is a DeeJayGod!

This old-school music you named.. hmm, not that much. I'm just a teenager, so it's not real what I grew up with. But I don't hate it.. at all. I kind of like it actually, some times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    ps. demsbo, you are danish, get yourself to the roskilde festival, I used to go there when I was younger 16-20(im 27 now), even if you don't like "modern" music you are bound to discover some bands that rock. I feel too old for those kind of music festivals nowdays(i go to these 1-2 days festivals we got here in the city instead, where you can actually go home sleep in your own bed and take a shower lol), plus my girlfriend would probably rather kill herself then live in a dirty tent. lol
    Haha nice ^^ - Anyways, I would go; but it just costs a bit much. I noticed Springsteen is coming this summer. So ofc i could start saving up, but the weekends are shredding my account. I'll find away though, you got me kinda hooked on it now. On the topic of discovering bands, a month ago I walked into a bar with some mates; this band were playing, for free, its cover nonetheless - but geezus O_o

They do a pretty good job. Their guitarist is a Hendrix fan, so a lot of Hendrix from them; sounds SO awesome.
    Its also nice to see so many in here, appreciating the classics. Together we stand
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it's not in your favourite playlist doesn't mean that you don't like it. I actually feel like the title of this thread is misleading as well, I was expecting classical music.

Deleted

+ Led Zeppelin and Dio on teh ipod =D

Better than the crap we have now...

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not alone.

I'm an oldies fan myself, I listen to Elvis, Little Richard from the mid fifties to Eric Burdon and the Animals, the Kinks, the Beatles, The Who, CCR, AC/DC, Johnny Cash, Aerosmith, etc. Newer groups that I enjoy would include Blackmore's Night which is more or less the successor of Rainbow (Ritchie Blackmore and his now wife Candice Night) and Adele.

For me it's those songs that stick around, but then I'm an old git with 38 years.

Deleted
    really not a fan, each to their own really. I like music like Avici, Chase & Status, that kind of thing.

Deleted
    Miami Vice - Crockett's theme is epic.

Holy fuck, first 2 posts mention CCR. I love you guys. Let the Midnight Special shine the ever-lovin' light on yous

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 05:17 PM ----------

OT: I love 'old' music. Particuliarly the trash metal side of things, but I love A LOT of old music from 60's-80's. Cat Stevens ... Genesis ...

Deleted
    Johnny Cash is one of my favourite artists, even though I still listen to dubstep and some poppy bands, nothing beats Cash. I also secretly love a bit of Barry Manilow when I'm feeling down!

Deleted
    Bringing a smile to my face when I watch/listen to this.

I'm a 18 year old "emo"ish kind of person who listens mostly to stuff like skrillex, black veil brides, Eyes sett to kill, dead by april etc.... You know, the basic "loud anc noicy crap" to many peoples.
    But I don't mind listening to this kind of music aswell thanks to my dad both playing similar stuff on his guitar + he got tons of CDs and movies/documentaries that he watched and listened to while i grew up.

So i would count myself to one of the "old" music appreciators

You are far from the only one. You're not even a special breed.

Next to my personal preference to Electronic Music (Techno, Minimal, House) I also listen to a lot of The Doors, Cheap Trick, Blondie, The Clash, Killing Joke, The Velvet Underground, The Who, Pink Floyd. The list goes on..
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2011-12-18 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still listen to the "classics" of metal from the early 80s like Ozzy, Metallica, and Dio.

I tend to clash a lot with the internet, though, because I despise Queen with a passion that burns brighter than a thousand suns. Just do. Come at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I tend to clash a lot with the internet, though, because I despise Queen with a passion that burns brighter than a thousand suns. Just do. Come at me.
    Okay, that I absolutely didn't expect. Queen, and in particular Freddie Mercury are a huge influence on GaGa.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Okay, that I absolutely didn't expect. Queen, and in particular Freddie Mercury are a huge influence on GaGa.
    Heh, yup. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Ga_Ga

Deleted
    I listen to everything old and new but my favorite songs are the old ones.

Just listen to this one:

Or my favorite song of all time:

And ofc i listen to Ozzy,AC/DC,Kizz etc aswell my father was a so called rocker or whatever you call it so i was raised up with that kind of music and i loved every moment of it music have a great impact on me.

Oh and a bonus becos im in the mood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm_-sW4Vktw
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2011-12-19 at 03:14 AM.