Gaming Headset Opinions

Howdy,

I was hoping to get some opinions based on others experiences.

I have gone through several old cheaper logitch headsets, and even havd had a failed Razer headset in the past.

I have around 70-100 to spend on headsets, and I seem to experience mixed reviews when researching them.

I know a lot depend son how you treat it, amount of use, etc.

I was curious if anyone has any positive experiences with any particular headset or company, or in particular if you have found one that lasted longer than a few months.

Anyone have any opinions on a good combination of price, durability, and quality?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    I've used the Plantronics 777 headset for quite some time now:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Ga...4190939&sr=8-1

I'd suggest it because of the following features:

-Noice cancelation is in the top, I've never seen a headset that does a better job at canceling background noise when on skype or ventrilo.
    -Sound, eventhough its a "fake" 7.1 headset there is a massive difference between 5.1 and 7.1 when using this headset.
    -Comfort. I have recently gone through a 72 hour live stream wearing this headset 72 hours straight. Not kidding, I did not take it off a single time. (except for 2-5 minute pee's)
    -Price. This headset is almost less than half of what you'd pay for a 7.1 headset with the same features. I've myself looked at the Razer megalodeon and the Logitech 930? (cant remember exact name) however I have never enjoyed a headset more.
    -Durability. I bring my headset with me to work and back home in a backpack each single day. and so far I have not had any problems with the wires breaking or scratches or broken parts.
    -Support. I lost the 7.1 converter for a few days, which made me feel down. I contacted their support and asked if I could buy a replacement. He adviced me that they dont sell them seperately however they can ship one to me (from USA) 4 days later it came with a private currier arrived at my door.

I've had nothing but good experiences so far with the headset. I've even thought of buying a 2nd pair so that I could leave it at home.
    I am a Razer fanboy myself. However I would not go for the Razer series untill they make wireless headsets.

Alright, here's my opinion: Gaming headsets are made to appeal to a younger audience. Every gaming headset i've owned has broken within 3 to 5 months. Usually at the volume control box, one side gives out. I stopped having that problem when I bought headphones, my first pair lasted a year ( And keep in mind, it cost 3 times less then the charisas back then) and sounded just as good. I think it's a marketing ploy to sell crappy products to an audience that will buy them from a "Gaming" company rather than an Audio company that actually specializes in making the damn things.

Deleted
    Yeah it's weird so many people have obsessions with "gaming" headset. Truth is there is no zero good ones available. Buy good headphones+extra mic.

Gaming Headset

Hey Guys,

There are companies with a built in mic for gaming. I work with Andrea Electronics and we have Superbeam headsets which have a boom-free mic, hi-def sound quality and 3D recording which is good for games and music. They connect with a USB, so they would only work if your doing PC gaming. I follow some of the gaming companies on Facebook, that would be a good place to ask about console headsets as well. Hope that helps!