Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you camp without getting disconnected?

Hello dear friends, i am an amateur mount collector (143) and i started camping for the Time-Lost Proto drake. I run WoW in windowed mode and i play Skyrim/League of Legends while camping him. (Running wow in background will stop the sound from NPC scan so don't try it.) All good, got 3 Vyragosa in 2 days-like but when i camp while sleeping i get disconnected. In WotLK i had this Autoclick thingy that would click on a simple /afk macro to keep me online but now it doesn't work anymore. Anyone have a solution ?

Found Soultion !

Hey just to let all know, after 30 min a message pops up saying you will get disconnected in 30 sec due to inactivity. There is also a "cancel" button; so just have Autoclick on that spot every 19 sec and voila; free camping over nights. Happy camping
    Last edited by Deepsidedj; 2011-12-20 at 02:57 PM.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

WoW still plays sound when it's in the backround... There's an option "sound in backround" in the sound menu. Click it.

That comes very close to botting, even if it is for harmless use.
    Don't think there's any legal way of making your character move for you for extended periods of time.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    WoW still plays sound when it's in the backround... There's an option "sound in backround" in the sound menu. Click it.
    NPC scan sound won't work trust me. It will run when you have WoW as "un-background". Happend to me twice, first on Putridus (the red aggro-like aura around screen was obviously gone) and once on Vyragosa (was already dead)

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    That comes very close to botting, even if it is for harmless use.
    Don't think there's any legal way of making your character move for you for extended periods of time.
    Does it? I don't really see it that way i just dont want to get DC :P
    Last edited by Deepsidedj; 2011-12-18 at 10:35 AM.
    That guy (>'.')>

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    NPC scan sound won't work trust me. It will run when you have WoW as "un-background". Happend to me twice, first on Putridus (the red aggro-like aura around screen was obviously gone) and once on Vyragosa (was already dead)
    And you have it checked? I don't see why NPC scan would obey some different rules than all the other sounds in the game.

And yes, it's botting. To not get DCed requires user interaction. Automation of user interaction is botting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, it does work with wow in the background.

Ofcourse, and what you want to use it for is harmless, but what if some one posts a solution here and a random reader starts using the exact same thing in a bg?
    Making your character move without you actually pressing any buttons is frowned upon, even if it is just for camping a rare spawn.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Try looking for an addon that switches pets (non combat) every so often. Think those used to exist, suppose they still do..
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Wait, you want it to wake you up so that you don't DC? Sleep > WoW

sounds like botting to me if i seen it i would shurly report it

I have had the same issue with NPCScan not playing the sound while in the background, so while it works for some people it does not for others.

I can hear NPCScan going off in the background and that is how I was able to get a couple of mounts myself (incl TLPD). Below are my settings:
    NPCScan options: Unmute for alert sounds is checked
    Options -> Sound: Sound in Background is checked; Sound volume slider is set to 100%

If you are good at LUA coding, you could write one yourself that does something every X mins

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there's a mod that keeping you from afking, but it's considered botting.

I would suggest just setting an alarm on your computer, and tabbing over to WoW every 25(?) minuets and jumping/move, then repeat.

Edit: While playing Skyrim. I would not suggest not sleeping... lawl

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimjayrad View Post
    Trust me, it does work with wow in the background.
    This. It always scares the crap out of me, too.

I dunno if it's bannable/against the ToU, but I remember an addon called ForeverAFK that one of my guildies used to farm the TLPD.

Deleted
    Get a key pressing program, set it to press a random key every 10 minutes and it will keep you from dcing.
    You can also do this with Razer or Logitech macros, both these methods are deemed against the ToS, never knew anyone that got a warning for it tho.

EDIT: Forgot I couldn't post specific names, apologies.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2011-12-18 at 10:34 PM.

There isn't a ToU compatible solution for the times you are asleep. But for when you are at your computer playing Skyrim or LoL, you can use a key cloning app like AutoHotKey to send duplicate keystrokes over to WoW. For example, you could set it so that every time you press the Enter key in Skyrim the Enter key also presses in WoW. You can limit the passthrough/duplication of keys to only the ones you want -- not sure what would work best, you'd probably want to experiment. Since you are actually pressing the key that is getting passed to WoW, and it's not automated, it's ToU compatible.

Hey just to let all know, after 30 min a message pops up saying you will get disconnected in 30 sec due to inactivity. There is also a "cancel" button; so just have Autoclick on that spot every 19 sec and voila; free camping over nights
    That guy (>'.')>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanman View Post
    I think its /camp
    haha ye , try that.