Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You aren't only giving up a small damage debuff, you're giving up a small damage debuff AND a 30% slow that can affect 5 targets at once. Death Field/Force in Balance hits harder, but for utility, especially in a PvP environment, I would say Wither/Slow Time gets the advantage. Both builds are effective so it just depends on if you want more damage or better utility.
    But Wither's slow gets overwritten by Chilling Scream, which is completely superior anyway. Given how many Juggernauts are running around, Wither doesn't seem like a very good investment from a utility perspective.

If your ripping healers apart then the opposing teams tank classes aren't doing their jobs right. *Dps* Juggernaut with guard on an operative healer and I get Immortal fairly easily.
    Uh, dps juggs are incredibly squishy, all I`d have to do is put myself on the healer and get the dps to focus the jugg, because DPS juggs drop like flies, I guess he`s not the only person whose team isn`t doing their job...lol.

Tank shadows on the other hand, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    But Wither's slow gets overwritten by Chilling Scream, which is completely superior anyway. Given how many Juggernauts are running around, Wither doesn't seem like a very good investment from a utility perspective.
    Chilling Scream only affects enemies around the juggernaut, Wither can be used at range. Additionally, I see less juggernauts than many other classes(I've been in more than a few WZs with no juggernauts at all), so counting on one to be there may be a bad idea to begin with.

The slow on Wither is inferior to Force Slow. There are two types of slow in SWTOR, 30% and 50%. Due to the high number of 50% slows running around, 30% ones are more or less useless. Since Assassin Tanks have force speed and a pull, as WELL as a 50% slow anyway, the slow on Wither is negligible, and the damage debuff isn't as good as the damage buff you get from going slightly deeper into Madness/Balance.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Maplesyrup View Post
    Just installing the game and just wondering whats doing well in pvp and is not Just want to get a feel for what im going into here! Also curious about how
    Sith Inquisitors are doing THANKS!

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 05:49 AM ----------

boompity boomp bamp boomp
    In swtor PvP you have two things:

1) Accomplishing tasks (aka mechanics of the warzone)

2) Killing people / Healing people / Protecting people

Doing #1 gives you a very strong chance of winning the warzone. Doing #2 gives you a strong chance at doing #1.

Some classes/specs aren't good at #1, but are good at #2. This is why you'll hear people say marauders aren't good, or operatives aren't good, etc. etc. I believe this stems from not having the tools to accomplish #1 as well as others. This is why you'll hear the counter argument of 'my marauder owns people, he's great in pvp'. Yeah, you watch the videos of them killing people, but not protecting nodes or people, running the ball, planting bombs, CC entire groups, taking out ball carriers with the use of traps, etc. etc.

So, looking at your question in this manner, I have to say, without a doubt, sith inquisitors are the top in PvP. Whether it's a Sith Sorcerer (healer / range dps) or Sith Assassin (tank / melee dps), they have the tools to accomplish #1 -very- well, can put out real good dps, and can survive through some of the nastiest stuff because of their suite of abilities.

Since there are essentially 24 specs, not mentioning hybrids, it's going to be a fairly long list.

I PvP as a Juggernaut in the rage tree. I'm good at dps'ing, killing people in traps (using abilities to hose the other team), and protecting people. This would seem like a really good spec, but roots hose me pretty good, and roots have no diminishing returns nor do they fill your resolve bar. It's essentially a free CC to a melee'er. Using trinkets or abilities to break myself out of that is a really tough decision because someone could be waiting to reapply it so I don't have it for later during real stuns.

If you plan to play an inquisitor you won't be disappointed. There are a lot of them out there, and for a good reason. My buds and I call them the 4 button chumps. Force Lightning, Static Shield, Force Speed, and Overload. Against good players I have a hard time against almost any type of sith inquisitor, but against 4 button chumps it's not bad at all.

I play a Sith Sorcerer healer in PvP (lvl 30). It's fun for me, and frustrating for them : )

Quote Originally Posted by Ooldoong View Post
    If you plan to play an inquisitor you won't be disappointed. There are a lot of them out there, and for a good reason. My buds and I call them the 4 button chumps. Force Lightning, Static Shield, Force Speed, and Overload. Against good players I have a hard time against almost any type of sith inquisitor, but against 4 button chumps it's not bad at all.

I play a Sith Sorcerer healer in PvP (lvl 30). It's fun for me, and frustrating for them : )
    there is much more than 4 abilities to use as a sorc, granted sorcs are pretty good in pvp but can be countered easily by a few classes especially mara/sent as a good one can beat any sorc/sage.

With equal skill most classes are well balanced in PvP, although some like guardian/jugg need more dmg mitigation cds to be improved, a well played pyro can out damage any other class.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2012-04-04 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    The slow on Wither is inferior to Force Slow. There are two types of slow in SWTOR, 30% and 50%. Due to the high number of 50% slows running around, 30% ones are more or less useless. Since Assassin Tanks have force speed and a pull, as WELL as a 50% slow anyway, the slow on Wither is negligible, and the damage debuff isn't as good as the damage buff you get from going slightly deeper into Madness/Balance.
    Force Slow has a cooldown and affects one target. If you only need to escape from 1 target(or catch 1 target) fine, but if you need to escape from more than 1(say running the ball for example) Wither gives you the chance to slow ALL your or the ball carrier's pursuers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    Oh they aren't half as bad as frost mages, they don't have half of the CC, escape tools and are even squishier imo. If anything I'd compare the inquisitor to death knights because everybody has one but not many play them well. Additionally, many players are stuck in a ranged mentality, they can turret well enough but when you get in their face they don't know how to deal with it.

To hit the OT, any class with good stuns is doing well, and that's most of them. Imo the only class lagging behind really is the sentinel/marauder but only in a 1v1 setting, with good team support the damage they put out is one of the highest.

If I had to give you a straight answer though I'd say the trooper/bounty hunter classes, either AC. They deal impressive damage and strangely people don't target them like they do a gunslinger/sniper. People see that portable shield go up and zero in on that while the heavier gunners ironically go unnoticed. Just what I've observed.
    This person knows what he is talking about, people do for some reason seem to ignore BH/Troopers in WZs, even though they can blow you up quick.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Force Slow has a cooldown and affects one target. If you only need to escape from 1 target(or catch 1 target) fine, but if you need to escape from more than 1(say running the ball for example) Wither gives you the chance to slow ALL your or the ball carrier's pursuers.

Yeah, what I do is throw force slow on the fc or healer and all the rest ill be 30%, so they will be moving faster and will get further a part from their friends.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Trooper and Bounty Hunter.

That last video is super interesting