SWTOR Graphical/General Lag on high-end gaming laptop

Hey everyone, like most of you who got into the early access of SWTOR I'm enjoying it quite immensely, however this issue has been bugging me ever since beginning my journey; you see - I recently bought a gaming laptop, the G74SX-XN1 to be exact and it's relevant gaming specs are as so:

Windows 7 Home Edition
    Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.00GHz
    12GB DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5

Even with this beefy setup I'm forced to play SWTOR on low settings to get decent frame rates and playing it on high setting is out of the question because if I do so, the game lags to the point of unplayable.

Is anyone having the same issue? Thoughts, comments, and suggestions are welcomed

Thanks

-H5
    "Arguing online is like the special Olympics, even if you win - you're still retarded."
    The only thing getting in the way of you is yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you currently on the the planet Taris? There is a known issue occuring there for some reason.

@Varyk - I'm on Balmorra but the lag happens everywhere I go, I'm worried that when the 20th hits and everyone comes flooding in the lag will worsen to become unbearable.
    "Arguing online is like the special Olympics, even if you win - you're still retarded."
    The only thing getting in the way of you is yourself.

Try putting shadows on Disabled instead of Low/High.
    It gave me an immense boost to frame rate.

Deleted
    I had the same problem and my gaming laptop is around 2-3 years old.
    I played on low with like 10-22 FPS and tried all sorts of tweaks.
    I then read somewhere that putting everything on high and then disabling shadows and turning them completely off could help and it did.
    I now play with everything on high, with shadows off, with 30+ FPS.

Might be worth a try =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to update drivers.

Only gripe with the game is how poorly optimized it is. I hope they do something about it because I have already upgraded my RAM and graphics card.
    I like sandwiches