In extremis SDW Raid composition

I realize there are already 2 other threads on a similar topic but this thread has to do specifically with the raid composition used for the fight

achieverank.com/Rankings/Characters/0/all/Norgannon/6115

Healers
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid ( kr.battle.net/wow/ko/character/Norgannon/Kazark/simple ) from guild M I N D

Tanks
    Blood DK
    Feral Druid

DPS
    Arcane Mage (w/ stage 2 legendary)
    Fire Mage (Legendary)
    Arcane Mage (Legendary)
    Elemental Shaman(Legendary)
    Unholy DK
    Survival Hunter

An astute eye will likely notice that this list is only 9 people long and you're right but achieverank cannot find the last one for some reason. I will update this post if someone can find that last person.

To everyone who says that the Korean stacked Resto shamans you can pretend that all those mages are actually Resto shamans in disguise.
    Last edited by Timecow; 2011-12-19 at 10:20 PM.

Two-healed - that's crazyness.

Korean guy posted in the other thread and said the 10th member is a balance druid from another guild. Take that as you will.

His post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post14709518
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-12-19 at 07:53 PM.

I think the missing guy is a hunter. lol

Deleted
    That's some burst damage right there.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Korean guy posted in the other thread and said the 10th member is a balance druid from another guild. Take that as you will.
    A balance druid makes sense so that they get an extra tranq. I suspect the feral druid was in his dps spec that has nuturing instincts for his tranq as well. The only debuff they're missing if all the mages are arcane is spell crit so its possible that one of the mages went fire.

One thing baffles me is that they're 2 healing they don't have replenishment unless that stage 2 legendary went frost. I'm not an expert on mages but it does appear to be a pve frost spec. thoughts on possibly being a frost mage in a WF 10man kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Timecow View Post
    A balance druid makes sense so that they get an extra tranq. I suspect the feral druid was in his dps spec that has nuturing instincts for his tranq as well. The only debuff they're missing if all the mages are arcane is spell crit so its possible that one of the mages went fire.

One thing baffles me is that they're 2 healing they don't have replenishment unless that stage 2 legendary went frost. I'm not an expert on mages but it does appear to be a pve frost spec. thoughts on possibly being a frost mage in a WF 10man kill.
    Replenishment isn't as big of a deal nowadays as it used to be, they also had 2 innervates for what that's worth.

I guess its possible they had a frost mage, I kind of doubt it but who knows. Frost can do some decent burst as well with Icy Veins and Deep Freeze + Cold Snap, but not as much as Arc or Combustion Fire imo.

I don't have any confirmation of this but it is possible their Shaman was Elemental and their Druid was Restoration. Their Shaman has a legendary and their Druid would give them replenishment, but again I'm not 100% confident on those 2 players' specs.

Ah ha I found the other druid's armory. He's an extremely geared restoration druid it seems.
    kr.battle.net/wow/ko/character/Norgannon/Kazark/simple

So now we just need to figure out what spec the Shaman was running. He has mostly resto gear but I cannot tell what spec his tier pieces are (I don't know any Korean).

My best guess would be Resto Druid and Holy Paladin with 1 Fire mage and 2 Arcane mages with the Hunter going Survival for Melee haste and the shaman dropping Wrath of Air for Spell haste. Its speculation of course but it makes sense. It's also possible that they 3 healed with the Resto Shaman (he is quite geared for Resto) since the DPS requirements for 10man are slightly more laxed and even if it isn't bugged Spirit Link totem is an extremely powerful cd in this fight.
    Last edited by Timecow; 2011-12-19 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    Full raid setup has been posted on the other thread like, 7 hours ago, but hey it's okay.

Deleted
    rofl world 2nd kill was a pug?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timecow View Post
    So now we just need to figure out what spec the Shaman was running. He has mostly resto gear but I cannot tell what spec his tier pieces are (I don't know any Korean).
    Probably elemental for 10% sp buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Karateka Da Marateka View Post
    rofl world 2nd kill was a pug?
    Some folks don't feel like digging through a 10 page thread to find 1 piece of information (what their raid composition). The thread is mostly full of flaming.

I created this thread to talk about what they possibly did to best this incredibly difficult encounter so that people can learn something. The first post has been updated to reflect the most likely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Full raid setup has been posted on the other thread like, 7 hours ago, but hey it's okay.
    The druid is from another guild but has 2 heroic kills on every boss except Blackthorn. His guild (M I N D) is not very active and I imagine he comes along for many In extremis kills