Addon to track Searing Plasma details

Does anyone know if it is possible to create an addon to track the amount of healing done to, or, amount of healing absorption left to eliminate the Searing Plasma debuff on a player in the Spine of Deathwing encounter? There currently is no addon that does such a thing, but I do know there are some that track the amount of absorption left on particular shields. Would it be possible for someone to create this addon or perhaps go into the .lua of an existing shield tracking addon and add Searing Plasma to the list of shields?

This would be a great help to progression guilds on this fight. If an addon could track Searing Plasma and update the remaining absorb numbers on players it could help prioritize healing for the healers and even allow passive/AoE/cheap heals on those that have little left to absorb.

Thank you for any help.

I use the plugin Boss_shieldsmonitor for PhoenixStyle, and it brings up a nice window for the Searing Plasma on all targets. It can also plugin to your Grid.

You can read about it and see a screenshot here: http://phoenixstyle.com/Boss_shieldsmonitor.php

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Thanks very much, I look forward to trying this out tonight.

Do I place the Boss_shieldmonitor folder in the main addons dir, along with all the PhoenixStyle folders, or do I need to put the Boss_shieldmonitor folder in one of the PhoenixStyle folders for the plugin to work?

It's a separate addon entirely, it just integrates with PhoenixStyle. You can install them both with the Curse Client normally.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator