Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkeltoe View Post
    If you disregard the fillers, Naruto is a great serie!

Like more people have said here, look up when the fillers are and skip them or else Naruto will be reduced to pulp....
    I still love the serie but the fillers.....they.....break....you....up
    The problem I always had with the Naruto fillers is the fact that they contribute nothing to the series. I know shows tend to do fillers but c'mon why don't they at least do some background story telling? I wouldn't really mind fillers if they told you stories of the founding of konoha/ the other villages with some more details than what we currently know. Or some stories about characters that sort of just dissappear without me getting me head wrapped around their importance. A bit like the short filler arc they did with Nagato, I didn't really mind that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    suggest deleting those links and send them in a PM.

Naruto filler episode list
    whether you'll watch the fillers is up to you Punchbag.
    The filler episodes are pretty terrible. I remember sitting through them. The first story arch with the bugs is fine, but after that its all down hill. There's a good 100 or so episodes you can skip right there, though IIRC you should watch the last two or three episodes of the filler before going to Shippuden, they have some story that's actually relevant to the actual plot.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Must say, Naruto will only get worse, but not worse than Bleach when it comes to ass-pulling and plotholes.
    But since you've seen Bleach and you're currently watching Naruto I so must recommend One Piece to you. Once you see that and get a few episodes in you'll forget that Bleach and Naruto exists!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elgato View Post
    The filler episodes are pretty terrible. I remember sitting through them. The first story arch with the bugs is fine, but after that its all down hill. There's a good 100 or so episodes you can skip right there, though IIRC you should watch the last two or three episodes of the filler before going to Shippuden, they have some story that's actually relevant to the actual plot.
    the first time i've watched naruto i watched every single episode, the next 2times, skip, skip skip the fillers.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Naruto (Shippuuden) is a show that I find pretty good. Crying rarely happened for my part as I watched, but there were those few moments (more in Shippuuden than in the original). However, if you like shounen anime, and if you're after some real tear-jerking moments, I recommend One Piece. I'm not trying act fan-boyish or anything (believe me, I've already said that I also enjoy Naruto), but One Piece is the best anime I've seen so far (seen around 50, if that matters). The character development is unbelievably phenomenal, the adventures are awesome, the humor is GREAT, and it gets bloody epic after you've watched past the first few arcs (which are also quite damn good). If you enjoy anime, shounen, drama, and a truckton of humor, do NOT pass this one up!

Have fun watching in the future, mate!
    Last edited by mmocfb52ef2acf; 2011-12-19 at 11:07 PM.

Off Topic: FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood > Code Geass R1/R2 > Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan > a buncha other stuff > Naruto.
    Naruto isn't exactly... bad per say, but it's really fallen off track. Things move way too slowly, characters make silly decisions that don't really align up with their character, and the writer is constantly trying to make you feel certain things for characters that just aren't interesting. A lot of the fight scenes are just silly as well. I'm currently keeping up with the Manga, because I want to see how he ends this. I was really pumped towards the beginning of Shippuden, but the series has just really moved far away from where it used to be. It almost gets Dragon Ball Z Syndrome. "This stronger enemy has appeared, so now Naruto must get stronger to face him!" with a really bad plot explanation of how he got stronger.
    Now, don't get me wrong, it's not bad if the series entertains you, it's obviously entertaining me enough to keep it bearable and have me curious enough to finish it, but certain series are just leagues ahead of it.

To people saying Gurren Laggan was lame, oh my God you blow my mind. That was just one of the best things ever in my mind. That's one of those series that you have to watch in the original Japanese dub to get some of the emotions they want to push with it. FMA:B and Code Geass don't really need that original dub.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

Deleted
    yes Naruto can be very sad sometimes, but the sakura vs ino fight was just annoying if you ask me. Just a episode of booring flashbacks. Dont really know how far you watched bleach but i found it really sad when -*SPOILERS*- ichogo said good bye to rukia after the fight with aizen. the outro and those episodes made me remeber all of the years i have watched it and what a journey it has been... truly a great show. reading the manga also made my cry a bit when everyone turns against ichigo cause of tsukishimas powers -*/SPOILERS*-

watching Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood aslo makes me really sad sometimes -*SPOILERS*- When nina and alexander died after being transmuted into a chimera and when Hughes gets murdered. god it is sad... -*/SPOILERS*-

Ending of Code Geass stumps any story ever written in terms of sadness, easy. Perfect music, ties the plot together, really deep. Definitely suggest watching it to the end. + it's only 50 episodes so it doesn't get dragged on as much as some of the more main-stream anime.
    Also Darker Than Black, while not really sad, has one of the most interesting concepts and the character design is completely bad arse.
    Naruto Shippuden is where I really started to love the series, a bit darker and the fights get a lot more intense. Hope you continue to enjoy the series, it's a good one. :]

15+ Year Old Account
    The closest I came to shedding manly tears was when Choji is fighting Orochimaru's henchman and thinking he ended up dying, god it was sad. There's also those adrenaline rush moments that happen too many times to count in Naruto AND Bleach. The next arc in the anime is going to be amazing too. While Bleach is not as sad it has a lot of those moments that give you a rush as well. Also if you haven't had a chance to watch Full Metal Alchemist (both original and Brotherhood) you should definitely give that a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    havent watched all Episodes yet, only one or two every now and then.
    For me Sasoris Childhood and his Theme was the most sad moment.

It is an amazing anime yes, however just wait, your in for filler hell in a few hundred episodes. If you can make it past those like i did then it is one of the best anime around..... also if you want to see a sad anime, watch AnoHana, its not action packed but omg the tears that were had during it was alot

So many animes, not enough time! :l I'll get round to watching them all someday! :3

Thanks for the feedback so far, im glad to see im not the only person shedding manly tears.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchbag View Post
    So many animes, not enough time! :l I'll get round to watching them all someday! :3

Thanks for the feedback so far, im glad to see im not the only person shedding manly tears.

On a side note, anyone else loving the current Bleach arc except me?
    Last edited by Zace; 2011-12-19 at 11:17 PM.

The most emotional part for me was the Nagato arc when Naruto was talking with him and then Naruto pulled out the book Jiraiya wrote. That was one of the most sad moments in the whole anime for me, and it's closely followed by Chiyo's sacrifice and Sasori. I must say, Chiyo's character is the only unimportant character that got a hell of a development in a single arc. She was stubborn and selfish, and in the end, she still hoped for a better future.

As for the fillers, I don't really know what to say. The Naruto ones are terrible, but some Shippuden fillers are quite good, even better than the original stuff. I quite enjoyed the ones with Sora(the kid that had Kyuubi's chakra inside him), and the last filler episode(the one with Kiba) was pretty darn cool. Same goes for the Shino filler.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zace View Post
    <snip>
    Except for the ass-pulls Kishi have done, everything else I've enjoyed from the current arc so far

Prepare yourself for endless fillers :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Prepare yourself for endless fillers :P
    Nothing comes close to the Bount arc in bleach, GOD DAMN that was painful getting through.

I suggest that all true Anime fans experience 'Here and There, Now and Then' at least once in their lives. Even if that's the one time they ever manage to get through it all.

Forget manly tears. Your heart, will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zace View Post

I am loving it, I have read the manga and man i can promise you it gets 10times better than it is atm

Deleted
    prepare for 2years of fillers.....