Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You cannot gain any affection with your droid
    Really? why?

i never knew there was a "mass loot" option until level 26...

next..

When stuck .. type /stuck

10+ Year Old Account
    i failed at not knowing this for 2 lvls 10-12 and made a bounty hunter 1-10 becouse i thought the lvling was so slow with just the "gain one rage" abilities but then i went too the sith trainer and there is an extra tab down in the buttom that i havent seen before and i learned 4 awsome new abilites (one off them a ability that insta gives 6 rage with 15 sec coooldown) that makes the charr so much more fun

so remember too check at the buttom at the trainer after lvl 10 =P

Deleted
    Nar Saddaa Auction house is neutral. so if youre rerolling faction you can take your riches with you!

sry if said

10+ Year Old Account
    During space battles, your shields will not recharge while firing your weapons.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

-you can split a stack of mats by holding shift, clicking and dragging the stack from one inventory spot to another

-if you are happy with the starter look of your companion, you can sell the freebie customization mod you get for 1,250creds

-you can respec your skill tree choices by visiting the skill mentor on the fleet. He is located in the same section as all the class skill trainers

-regardless of whether you play your game with gfx settings of low, medium or high. Turn shadows OFF, and you're graphical performance will improve greatly

-there is currently a load bug in the game. You know you have it when you are transitioning from ship to planet or planet to warzone, and the loading screen bar stops at 50% and you can hear ingame sounds. To fix this, press ctrl+u twice. Ingame, this function will hide then unhide your ui to refresh your screen. This can fix the load bug

-you can queue up multiple crafting jobs per companion. This only works for crafting, not gathering or missions

-buy gear for the mods, even if the gear slot you are buying is weaker than the same gear slot you are wearing. The mods can be extracted to improve a different gear slot. ie. You have an awesome head piece, you buy a slighty lesser head piece with mods that you can take out to improve a crappy leg piece you are wearing.

-if you like the look of orange gear, keep it and replace mods in it to keep the stats up to date...don't simply get rid of it

-assigning companion to crafting is free, assigning companion to gathering is expensive, assigning companion to mission is cheaper than gathering. Moral of the story, it's more cost effective to gather your own mats and just use companions to run missions or craft

-reverse engineering green crafted items can result in learning the blue schematic version of it. Blue then can also yield the purple version

-do not try and view the mod slots of a piece of gear being sold by a vendor....or you may end up buying it by accident

-gear up your companions regularly, or you will begin to see them die quickly

If you are fighting a mob that constantly casts, kite them to a pillar and everytime they cast run behind it. Once they finish it, run back out. I've killed many gold star and up mobs by doing that.
    Melee mobs don't run as fast as you do. You can constantly kite gold star and up mobs by just outrunning them and keeping DoTs up(if you are ranged)
    If you get a message saying You must complete missons before you can do that. Its because your quest log is full(I got a BH to 38, got that message, sent in a ticket, rerolled, got a Shadow to 30, saw that message again, randomly checked my quest log and realized how dumb I am).

First post! Yay!

*vote for sticky thread*

You can prevent gaining negative affection with your companion by sending him/her out on Crew Skill mission while you talk to questgivers. They will not gain any bonuses from these conversations while they are sent away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Flashpoint dailies are found in the "Supplies" area and ask you to do one of either two or three flashpoints for completion, yielding a decent chunk of xp.

Speaking of Flashpoints...at 38ish do The Foundry. Just do it...thank me after you are done geeking out.

I wish I knew that 5 days after buying the game I still can't get it to work for me.

I'm on vacation too, having NOTHING to do I planned on playing swtor most of my days. GG bioware, glad to see a huge company like you have such a good game.

I did 'boarding party' last night - so hopefully get to foundry today - but yea they are building this one up. I luved boarding party - and foundry is sounding really fun; Base built into an asteroid... nice.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 12:19 PM ----------

Sorry if this was already said - but to this day i tell people in-game and they are like, WOW I NEVER KNEW THAT!... you have an 18-hour hearth to the imperial fleet in your abilities | general tab.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    I wish I knew that 5 days after buying the game I still can't get it to work for me.

I'm on vacation too, having NOTHING to do I planned on playing swtor most of my days. GG bioware, glad to see a huge company like you have such a good game.
    GG lopk, glad to see you're blaming the company for something they really have no control over.

EDIT: Oh thought of another one. Though it might seem like common sense to a lot of people. LOL

The speeders don't scale in speed to your piloting skill. I guess I got so used to WoW's mounts scaling with the riding skill, I didn't think about it. So be sure you calculate the cost of the speeders in your training costs if you want the higher speed (no point in buying the skill otherwise, really).
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2011-12-31 at 05:33 PM.

if you send your companion on crafting/gather missions, and cancel the mission, you get your mats/credits back.

EMP is ridiculously overpowered on the final space mission. Detonate it in the middle of the <you know what> field and it's an easy win.

Deleted
    If you're having difficulty with ranged bosses as an Imperial Agent or Smuggler, you can hide behind natural cover, and as long as you aren't peeking up to use an ability, you will take absolutely no damage from the boss. Then you can pop up and fire the Corrosive Dart to slow take their HP down whilst you avoid their damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    taunting in pvp rewards easy medals

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably already posted, but:

- There is a tab at the bottom at your trainer so can learn skills from your specialization. I didn't find it until 16. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    You can store crafting materials in the bank and still be able to use them.
    Found out at level 40, saved me ALOT of bag space.

There are two different dances other than /dance
    In the emote list under the Action Tab and the Social Tab there's Club Dance and Get Down
    Also Twileks get their own special dance