Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Custumizable UI, and would be perfect.

Firstly I am loving this game, I wont say how many hours I have put in so far, some would judge me.

But if I had to complain, here is my wish list.

- if you are in group for pvp, why not rejoin the party after the match.
    - I play with my camera panned back a bit, and have to rescroll every time I enter somewhere, or get off a speeder taxi.
    - I really miss the addon for my inventory I had in Warcraft, that sorted and could search for things.
    - Obviously they may sort out the server wait times.

I know in a few cases players may have contributed to it, such as all oceanic players going to the same servers, when we were allocated others, but they should have seen that coming, I want my MMO (at the times I play) to be busy, not trading and pugging or whatever when few are on.

I'm sure in the days played I have thought of other things, but I am really happy with it.

Deleted
    Companions. I didn't liked Hunter in WoW yet I'm forced to play a hunter in swtor. But only in some places, because my pet gets taken away in others. wtf

Macros.

Ranked PvP. Because now it's:
    Yes huttbal is fun with 3v3 arena partners, but gets boring really fast with no challenge (go to 4-0 with ridiculously easy passing to ledges (and you have knockbacks, wooo...) or over the pits and get no points for an outstanding match win.............................. and then farm noobs for actual rewards, whoa... and you can't even farm with your teams, because solo kills award more, yay......).
    Addons.

Dual talent spec. Leveling as a healer - no bloody way. Ya it might be easy with DPS pet, but I want to be a DPS. DPS. Not a healer. Wanna get into flashpoints as a healer - slap in the face.

More fluid combat. Animations are nice, but when I press a skill and it goes off after 0,5 sec.. It feels like lag and not grace.

Rewards for Marauders - dark side medium armor with str.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    also target of target, really a must for an mmo.
    I believe its Alt T (look under Key Binding for Target of Target). I was having this problem and pulling off the tank, so I just set mine to F.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the biggest things that kills me is the UI. I know that I've been spoiled with all the UI mods in WoW, but even at this point a UI scale slider would be most welcome. I really cant stand that every UI overlaps with another.

I really have to agree with everyone about the talents being an outdated model. GC at least was spot on with this. Who cares if I get another 1% critical on burn attacks? Not me, which means that the only talents that are entertaining are the ones that give skills or fundamentally alter how my character plays.

The one that I really noticed is how bland a lot of the worlds feel. In this regard I'm talking mostly about colour schemes and feel of the planets. I find that they really need more vibrant colours in their worlds. I don't mean that I want neon pink all over the place but a little contrast is always nice. The one that I find bucks this trend is Nar Shaddaa.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Polish, all over the place.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Things that bother me:

1. Having to either use mission items from the bag or hotkey them. So many people spam "need help to kill insert name here" on normal quests simply because they dont know they have a quest item tab with the item that makes it easy.

2.An easier map interface. If you're like me, and the majority of people I've played with so far are, then you have experience with past mmo's that didn't spell everything out for you. But many are the ones who solely have experience with WoW's most recent map and they are constantly filling general with "where's this vendor, wheres my trainer" and so on. A basic how to would be nice. I spend too much time filling general with useless information or trolling people with questions of where to find Vader or when do we get to kill Chewie and the other Ewoks to have all my jokes ruined by a constant stream of "where's the Warrior trainer?"

3.The Borg, where are they?

4.Extra tabs for things that have no reason for having extra tabs. There's been many times when I've had to return to my trainer because I remembered I only got my classes general abilities and not my advanced class abilities. Seems pointless to have 2 separate tabs.

5.A WoW filter. Not because I hate hearing about WoW, but because someone inevitably mentions WoW every 15 min and it turns into the dumbest fights.

6.I used to be a WoW player just like you, but then I took an SWTOR to the knee.

Deleted
    Inventory sorting. Fixed archeology 'veins'. Target of target. Mouseovers. That's all I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    May i add my own? I, too, am loving this game more than any other game played. I played wow for almost 6 years, and i just felt like my time with it is done. I was worried i wouldnt be able to find something that captivated and kept me hooked like wow did so many years ago, but this is it.

Anyways, onto my must fix list:

1. Vendor/Mission/trainer pricing. The token vendors are spot on as far as costs for items. The vendors that sell things for credits are way too high, as is the cost of crew skill missions. Im 210 armstech/investigation/scavenging and im spending about 2k per mission (which equates to roughly 1-2 skill points). Class trainer pricing is also way over inflated. Having to spend 10k per new ability rank each level is rough.
    It scales just fine with the amount of credit you get. My operative is level 39 and I've never dipped below 100k credits and that WITH buying speeder piloting and 3 of the speeders, training every skill (they're up to 7.5k each now) All of my crew skills (cyber/scav/UT [notice no slicing]) are over 300 as well. The pricing is fine.

2. Quick travel. I love the idea of having multiple 'bind points' throughout a map, and being able to transport to each one quickly. However, there needs to be a transport to your ship option, or something similar. It drains me to have to travel all the way back through a planet, through the spacedocks, up into my ship each time.
    Get an authenticator. Go to the security vendor. Buy Fleet passes. Transport you directly to the fleet. 1hr CD and does not share CD with Emergency fleet beacon. There really is no needs to have to go back to your ship more than 3 times an hour.

3.Speeder dismounts. Its pretty awful in its current state. For those who dont know, if a mob aggros on you while youre mounted, and gets an attack off (including long range abilities), your speeder blows up, youre in an 'animation stun' for 3 seconds, while those mobs you aggrod are beating you down. If they want to do one shot = dismount, im cool with that, but the penalty stun thing is caused purely by the animation aesthetics, and needs to be changed.
    I haven't run into this. I continue going on my speeder when mobs aggro/shoot me all the time... If this is a common occurrence then yes it needs to be addressed.

4. Galactic Trade Network. Its clunky, and completely 'un-fun' to use. Not sure why all the extra fields are mandatory, or why you cant click an item to have its name inputted,etc - but it needs to be changed. its a very outdated and hard to use system, for a game so new.
    Agreed.

5. Macros, enough said. There's currently no macro support, but with so many abilities, and a limited real estate/binds to be able to use them, we need macros.
    We definitely need macros implemented! I hate healing by clicking!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I HATE the GTN interface, It's frickin retarded.
    I completely agree. I can't think of anything else except maybe queueing for a specific warzone instead of getting huttball all the time. It is awesome, but playing it 5+ times in a row is lame.

The game already has LFD, well kinda, but thats only if your in the zone for that lvl, which makes sense. Its easy just to type out LFG Quest name. its not really a dungeon.

I like the game.

I DO NOT like the rabid fanboi hype. It's ruining the game for me on a lot of levels, and I hope it goes away soon.

Other than that, Almost all of the MMO elements feel like they are forced into a KOTOR3 so they could charge monthly subs, and in general a lot of the design feels like they were making a console game and not a PC MMO.

The biggest offender is of course the UI, and complete lack of customization or foresight into how players will actually be using it for end game.

I do think they'll fix it though. It's still early, and they'll have my attention for a few months in order to start promising improvements and new features moving forward.

At least if I can stomach the "lack of X feature makes SWTOR 100x better than WoW" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Get an authenticator. Go to the security vendor. Buy Fleet passes. Transport you directly to the fleet. 1hr CD and does not share CD with Emergency fleet beacon. There really is no needs to have to go back to your ship more than 3 times an hour.
    Where is the security vendor? And I'm assuming it works for the mobile authenticator as well.

3.Speeder dismounts. Its pretty awful in its current state. For those who dont know, if a mob aggros on you while youre mounted, and gets an attack off (including long range abilities), your speeder blows up, youre in an 'animation stun' for 3 seconds, while those mobs you aggrod are beating you down. If they want to do one shot = dismount, im cool with that, but the penalty stun thing is caused purely by the animation aesthetics, and needs to be changed.
    The level 25 speeder can take minimal damage before it blows up, however upon getting my level 40 speeder, it says right in the tooltip, can take moderate damage and it can full on tank shots from normal mobs. Strong/elite mobs, a couple hits and its gone. I'm assuming the level 50 speeder is a lot if not almost immune to being blown up.

I think people are nitpicking to much >.> I love it how it is don't go and fuck with it.

1. Vendor/Mission/trainer pricing. The token vendors are spot on as far as costs for items. The vendors that sell things for credits are way too high, as is the cost of crew skill missions. Im 210 armstech/investigation/scavenging and im spending about 2k per mission (which equates to roughly 1-2 skill points). Class trainer pricing is also way over inflated. Having to spend 10k per new ability rank each level is rough.
    In my opinion its not worth leveling investigation/diplomacy or any form of crew skill while leveling as A) You only get 1 or 2 skill points like you said and B) You could be making money off other professions C) When you have 5 companions near end game, you can level it super fast anyways or just do it on an alt. On my IA, I'm going to be taking the same professions as you but took slicing instead of investigation to pick up nodes and send my companions for lockboxes and when I hit end game, I'll drop slicing and pick it up on another toon. The pricing is about the same for slicing by level 5 and 6. But as long as it doesn't fail lockboxes can make you 2-6k per run per companion.

Just food for thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turand View Post
    The GTN (Auction House) interface really needs a global text search function without first going through half dozen filters.
    ^
    This, I can't tell how I absolutely abhor going to the GTN right now because of its unfriendly interface. Needs alot of tuning....
    Also, every time you finish a warzone it should let you keep the group you queued up with, its a little annoying for everyone to un-queue and group up again.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    It is absolutely inexcusable to not have a Target of Target option.
    I think they'd said they were doing that to make PvP less "target off of X and kill" for when they do competitive PvP. It has it's drawbacks, but I think in the long run it's not REALLY necessary. It's fluff.

My only real complaint is the dang Jedi hoods. Twileks want them, everyone else wants them off, how about a toggle button and we'd all be satisfied. Even the helm-option doesn't work. But hey, small things. Course... could they fix that bug where your companion sometimes looks at you all stupid when you ask them to go sell? It's not game breaking, just REALLY annoying.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

Quote Originally Posted by Heironeous View Post
    It has it's drawbacks, but I think in the long run it's not REALLY necessary. It's fluff.
    It is invaluable as a tool for tanking. There is no excuse for it to not be included.

i'd have to go with the following:

- macros for sure

- the races don't feel like different races, not just because they all use the same base model and animations (imagine wow where all the races are just recolors of the human male model, just saying don't kill me) but also because it doesn't feel like there's any difference between let's say a Twi'lek Jedi or a human jedi, I can't feel their cultural background. Would have been great to have some kind of mini starting area before the main starting area for each race even if just a cutscene to show where they come from.

- also sad that a lot of really cool races didn't make it in as playable races.

I'm really enjoying the game but yeah there are some minor things.

- no /s I don't understand why there isn't /speak in swtor or have I missed this?
    - asking guards for directions
    - map improvement, I want it kinda like ME, as in a galaxy map etc.
    - graphic improvement. Sorry but the graphics are not 2011. Waterfalls don't look like waterfalls that kind of thing. Why does Rift for example have such amazing graphics compared to swtor?
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!