Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I have an i7, GTX 570, 6GB of RAM, and I have to run on LOW settings...

I have no clue what's going on, my drivers are all up to date, I even restored the nvidia drivers to default. I tried the High to Low trick, disabling shadows.
    Then I realized that I have a GTX 570 there is no reason for this to be happening. A friend of mine with a very similar setup is in the hundreds for FPS, and I'm lucky to idle around 40-50. Get into a major town? I'm now in the 10-20 range.

ON LOW SETTINGS!

I have an i7 920, GTX 570, 6 GB of RAM and I am just confused as can be.

only thing i can think of is,

did you actually plug in the power connectors to the video card ....

is the fans on the graphics card spinning ? etc

check your drivers. i have i5 2500k, gtx 570, 8GB of ram and im sitting at 100+ on all high with everything checked on.

Run msconfig and turn off all non-Microsoft services. I had some programs that were really bogging down my computer (iTunes, Steam, etc.) and when I shut them off I got a really nice fps boost.

Any chance you could have a loose stick of ram or could your video card be overheating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a power supply that's too small?

Is your processor being identified at the proper frequency?

Feels like the game runs on your motherboards intergrated graphic card... : o

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGuns View Post
    Run msconfig and turn off all non-Microsoft services. I had some programs that were really bogging down my computer (iTunes, Steam, etc.) and when I shut them off I got a really nice fps boost.

Any chance you could have a loose stick of ram or could your video card be overheating?
    He could have 20 tabs open, while streaming live video etc with that rig it wouldnt have any issues, so its something other than that...

Even my i5 750, Radeon 4670, 6GB of ram can run it on medium with 50+ fps

Maybe a dying hard drive? My hdd is on the way out and it's causing me fps problems.

His power supply and and gpu must be working if his monitor is plugged into the gpu itself. So then it must be software, update your drivers.
    If your monitor isnt plugged into your gpu then it is a different story.

850 watt PSU, temps are all really cool. Drivers are up to date, fans spinning, plugged in.. running msconfig now

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the same gfx card but 4 gb ram.

Running on high with no issues AT ALL, with AAx16 enabled through Nvidia Inspector.

Check your drivers and cables. Can't come up with anything else, sorry.

Perhaps roll back to older drivers or smth?
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

I'll check my cables again.

Is a dying hard drive a plausible explanation? They are decently aged, and have been through a lot of moving to LANs and such.

I'll rollback drivers also.

I am very curious also if a dying hard drive can cause FPS problems. I am running a AMD Phenom II X4 955, 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6950 and am getting lag spikes every 2-4 seconds which is accompanied by the drive it is installed on seeking or making some other louder noise. I've updated all my drives as well, closed all programs that I possibly can and yet nothing helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amplol View Post
    I'll check my cables again.

Is a dying hard drive a plausible explanation? They are decently aged, and have been through a lot of moving to LANs and such.

I'll rollback drivers also.
    An HDD could be causing sever lags if it had some serious issues. But it would probably cause them regardless of gfx settings.

Cables could be an issue too, but I'd imagine you'd see some overheating issues then.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

When you get in, open your Graphics setting options to high at the top, don't do them all individually. Then hit apply, turn down shadows and hit apply again. Make sure you use the option up top to change to high, as previously stated, and do not do them individually. Worked for me, for some reason setting them all to high manually screwed it up, but setting the over all quality to high helped.

If this does not help, open the control center for your GPU and turn the 3D AA settings to performance, as SWTOR doesn't use this but your GPU will still try to if set on high.

What do other games run at? Is it exclusively TOR? If it is, try reinstalling, if that doesn't help I'd call tech support xD

I did the high - low - high trick, and it didn't do anything, as well as shadows no luck. I was never too happy with my BF3 FPS either, but this really threw me off.

I'm not sure where I would even start to look at cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    When you get in, open your Graphics setting options to high at the top, don't do them all individually. Then hit apply, turn down shadows and hit apply again. Make sure you use the option up top to change to high, as previously stated, and do not do them individually. Worked for me, for some reason setting them all to high manually screwed it up, but setting the over all quality to high helped.

If this does not help, open the control center for your GPU and turn the 3D AA settings to performance, as SWTOR doesn't use this but your GPU will still try to if set on high.
    This. I was having the SAME problem (though my rig is not as fantastic as yours) and im running at 50 FPS with an i7 250k, 4g ram, and x2 9600 GT's in SLI. O how I yearn for a new graphics card ;_;
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Quote Originally Posted by amplol View Post
    I did the high - low - high trick, and it didn't do anything, as well as shadows no luck. I was never too happy with my BF3 FPS either, but this really threw me off.

I'm not sure where I would even start to look at cables.
    There was an FPS bug introduced with one of the recent patches. Not saying that's the root of your problem, but wait and see when the servers are back up before you do anything else. Personally, I went from 60 FPS minimum at max settings to 20 or so after said patch. It'll probably be sorted out soon.