Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wating Queues getting insane???

I'm from Europe and it's 9 am for us. But - i already had a 280 queue on my server (alrealdy lvl 44 char) - and i progressed from 280 to 220 in half an hour! So i will have waited for about 2 hours to get in. I see waiting queues of 2000 or a lot more in the afternoon - meaning you will have to wait 10 hours or so!

Well thiis will get funny. Flames all inclusive!

It's expected - I am waiting until just after Christmas to pick up a copy of it, when the rush has died down, and things are settled. Although I think some of the initial queue times as you suggest are going to be insanely long!

10+ Year Old Account
    I already posted this screenie just taken about 20 mins ago, if you're a new player or have a char below level 10 or so, might be worth rerolling on the 'light' servers, there's at least 20 empty English servers just sitting there right now, having a char at level 30 means that it's not worth it for me to reroll

Yikes. I'm currently waiting for the game to finish downloading. Most of my friends were in the early access, so they have servers picked. I'm worried that those servers will all be full now, but I guess that's what I get for wavering on the purchase.

I do hope I don't regret it like Rift, Warhammer Online, all the Superhero MMOs, Guild Wars, and Aion.

As long as it doesn't go like WoW was in the early days with just constant yo-yoing of servers then queues to rejoin I will be happy The odd queue, specially on release day, I can live with.

No one wanna play on a DEAD server, we all know how shit it is in WoW. Better to endure the queues, than having to PAY to get away from a ghost-town later on.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    They just raised the cap for The Red Eclipse at least. Before that, I sat in a queue for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Gave me time to catch up on my series, but it was a bit ridiculous. Glad it is quite a bit less now.

10+ Year Old Account
    A queue of 2k? Unlucky sir. Guess that could be a problem with choosing a server during EA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl, that certainly blows mister.

They had lowered cap for servers during the EA, to try and spread out people as much as possible. But people are stuborn and insist on clumping on FULL servers. And then they complain they got a long queu. Sucks for the people in EA who picked a server early that they now have to wait a long time because of all the lv5's that are playing. But this is quite normal in MMO's, and itll quiet down a bit later on. When the rush dies down.
    Its not like we've never seen massive queu's with WoW after a new expansion, just an expansion.

15 minute wait is a 40 minute wait on Sex Droid (EU) and still 148 - not even half way.

Even worse when I logged in earlier at about 6:30 am - got 48-53ms leave it for 10 seconds, skyrockets to 10k+, alt tab out, wait 10 seconds, go back, 53ms, then skyrockets, every single time like clockwork, no idea what's going on.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    it says 25 minutes its 8 AM - its now 9:21 and its only half done, i think their times are lying - how can they actually have a time if the server is full i have to wait for others to leave for the Q to go down- if they stay i never get in

Loads of Light server seem to be Q Free - So what do al lthe new player join ours, I give this a week doesn't improve i'm out - the game isn't that good
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-12-20 at 09:27 AM.

Its an estimate, they take the speed at which now slots opened earlier and use that as an indication. If spots open up at the same speed as it did earlier, the queu is 25min. But if it goes slower, then the queu will obviously be longer.

Its the same as the estimate time of a download. It guesses the time based on the current speed, if the speed changes so does the time it takes. But i dont think the queu system "updates" that figure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Its an estimate, they take the speed at which now slots opened earlier and use that as an indication. If spots open up at the same speed as it did earlier, the queu is 25min. But if it goes slower, then the queu will obviously be longer.

Its the same as the estimate time of a download. It guesses the time based on the current speed, if the speed changes so does the time it takes. But i dont think the queu system "updates" that figure.
    The estimates are the one thing I hate on this game. Telling me it's going to be 2hours, but then me waiting over 6hours really isn't a rough estimate.

I moved off that server and to a "Heavy" one, but today it's now full with a queue.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-12-20 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    As a general rule - double whatever the wait timer says.

I've been told 1hr 45min a few times and queued for almost 4hrs on Legions of Lettow.

I would not recommend that server for anyone unless you are prepared to Queue at all times of day.

I tried to log in at 8am today and there was a 200 person queue for an estimated 15 mins - needless to say i didnt get a quick crafting session in before work!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    The estimates are the one thing I hate on this game. Telling me it's going to be 2hours, but then me waiting over 6hours really isn't a rough estimate.

I moved off that server and to a "Heavy" one, but today it's now full with a queue.
    Estimate is nothing more then that, a guess. Feel free to completely ignore it and make your own estimate based on the amount of people in queue, past experience and how fast you drop. Its probably going to be much more accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hardest boss at most big name game launches, the queue boss. Someone pop Bloodlust!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Estimate is nothing more then that, a guess. Feel free to completely ignore it and make your own estimate based on the amount of people in queue, past experience and how fast you drop. Its probably going to be much more accurate.
    The problem is the estimates would be right, if people were logging off. The fact that 90% of my guild uses macros or auto-run to stay in game just makes it that much harder to get in, for those people that do actually log off. All the people abusing this should be banned and reset to level 1, they shouldn't be allowed to exploit it, but still it was dumb of Bioware to allow it in the first place.

I've figured for my server that you'll move ~300 per an hour, which when in a 2000+ queue takes a bloody long time.

Queues are already bad for some servers, the server I should be on ToFN EU, is already on 1500+ at 10am, only going to get worse as the day goes on, makes me wonder why Bioware didn't lock the current full servers, and force the new players onto the new servers, instead of allowing the to flock to the already full servers making insane queue times, that much worse. I haven't actually played on ToFN since EGA day 2 due to the queues, getting home from work at 6pm followed by a 6hour queue isn't really all the good.

I'd fine with queues, I've played on the highest pop WoW and Rift servers, but there's a difference in waiting about hour on WoW, and 6hours here.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-12-20 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    It really is unfortunate. But, I think it is still better than having ghost towns after a few months when the initial hype *might* have slowed down. Still, Bioware is doing a great job monitoring and adding new servers. Not optimal but still a great job. Also, possibly millions (1-2) joined the game in EGA. It is really hard to force people to different servers. If too many people choose to join one server, then queues occur.

Fortunately for me, I joined EGA on Friday, so most servers were already full and I got to choose a Heavy one with no queues.

Tbh, queues are to be expected for a game launch of this size. Time will resolve.

They WILL increase the server caps!

A friend told me they lowered the cap now to encourage people to roll on the new light servers, can't confirm it but it sounds like it makes sense imo.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI