Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    do you realize who put money into SWTOR? it wasn't Bioware, it was EA. And it was a shitload of money. EA = Activision. Game will be destroyed in few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepguy16 View Post
    I once thought like this, but here is the problem. Blizzard won't reinvest in WoW. At least the "new" Blizzard won't, maybe "old" Blizzard would have.

They have cut some of their development with WoW. Ever since the end of WotLK, patches have become more spread out than they have ever been. They are reusing content instead of making brand new content. They are using all the old NPC models for instances. And with all that reskinning / re use, we are getting less content.
    So Blizzard has cut development and now they are loosing more subs, many of which are leaving because of the lack of content. So now they have two choices. They can put more money into WoW, increase the amount of Devs, and bring people back to WoW. Or, they can keep doing what they are doing and keep reducing the amount of content.
    From purely a business perspective, the best bet is to simply keep going with what they have been doing. If they put money into WoW, they may not see an increase in subs to compensate. People may hate their new content and keep leaving or it may only keep a few people in WoW and not bring anyone else back. For it to be worthwhile, they would need to know people would willingly leave Rift, TOR, or whatever and come back to WoW and there is no way for them to know that for sure.
    On the flip side, what they do know from ICC in WotLK, and the patches in Cata, is that if they give people less content, they still keep paying. They can go a full year without any meaningful content, spend their time working on an expansion that they will be profitting from anyway, and make a larger profit. A lot of people playing WoW are dead set on continuing to play WoW. You can see them on these forums. People that won't acknowledge the lack of content or the problems with Cata. People that really believe that the only thing making people leave is age, and that everyone suddenly decided at the 7 year mark, regardless of when they started playing, that they were done.

So in the end, Blizzard has a player base that will keep paying even if they give them less. Yeah they will keep loosing some, but they may loose many of those to other games anyway. And once they are lost, there is no guarantee they can win them back.

IMO, Blizzard will let WoW decline. It won't "Die", but subs will drop, development will continue to slow, and Blizzard will focus on their next MMO to retake the market.
    This is the most crap bullshit talk i have ever heard so far. First dont talk like you are geting invites to blizzrad development meetings ,you dont know shit about what they are planing or working on ,second they announced MoP and just released bigest content patch ever with lots of extra features how is that shows they are slowing down content development, at least be honest ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepguy16 View Post
    I once thought like this, but here is the problem. Blizzard won't reinvest in WoW. At least the "new" Blizzard won't, maybe "old" Blizzard would have.

They have cut some of their development with WoW. Ever since the end of WotLK, patches have become more spread out than they have ever been. They are reusing content instead of making brand new content. They are using all the old NPC models for instances. And with all that reskinning / re use, we are getting less content.
    So Blizzard has cut development and now they are loosing more subs, many of which are leaving because of the lack of content. So now they have two choices. They can put more money into WoW, increase the amount of Devs, and bring people back to WoW. Or, they can keep doing what they are doing and keep reducing the amount of content.
    From purely a business perspective, the best bet is to simply keep going with what they have been doing. If they put money into WoW, they may not see an increase in subs to compensate. People may hate their new content and keep leaving or it may only keep a few people in WoW and not bring anyone else back. For it to be worthwhile, they would need to know people would willingly leave Rift, TOR, or whatever and come back to WoW and there is no way for them to know that for sure.
    On the flip side, what they do know from ICC in WotLK, and the patches in Cata, is that if they give people less content, they still keep paying. They can go a full year without any meaningful content, spend their time working on an expansion that they will be profitting from anyway, and make a larger profit. A lot of people playing WoW are dead set on continuing to play WoW. You can see them on these forums. People that won't acknowledge the lack of content or the problems with Cata. People that really believe that the only thing making people leave is age, and that everyone suddenly decided at the 7 year mark, regardless of when they started playing, that they were done.

So in the end, Blizzard has a player base that will keep paying even if they give them less. Yeah they will keep loosing some, but they may loose many of those to other games anyway. And once they are lost, there is no guarantee they can win them back.

IMO, Blizzard will let WoW decline. It won't "Die", but subs will drop, development will continue to slow, and Blizzard will focus on their next MMO to retake the market.
    I will be sure and tell the 10 Raiders in my Guild who came back from RIFT for 4.3 that they were not supposed to do that.

What I think is funny is that the 2 most played games in the BioWare offices are WoW and League of Legends. Even though ToR is out, the majority of BioWare employees (in the Edmonton office anyways) are still all hardcore WoW players.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Competition is always positive, and this seems to be the biggest competition WoW has faced, IMO, prepare for a much better game after they learn the new secrets.
    I read something yesterday about "AOE Looting" in SWTOR, where you don't need to right-click each individual corpse. That sounds like an excellent function; I hope the guys at Blizzard can get that working for 5.0 !

Quote Originally Posted by Karapoyraz View Post
    This is the most crap bullshit talk i have ever heard so far. First dont talk like you are geting invites to blizzrad development meetings ,you dont know shit about what they are planing or working on ,second they announced MoP and just released bigest content patch ever with lots of extra features how is that shows they are slowing down content development, at least be honest ffs.
    Just don't argue with nonsense like that. New Blizzard,Old Blizzard? New Metzen,New Pardo lol?

Coming from a guy with 10 85s? Sorry but this was his/her opinion...no need to flame someone over their opinion. imo pokemon and pandas arent for everyone, and for some people it is.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how SWTOR doing well will hurt any of you. You seem extremely confident that wow will retain the majority of its subscriber base. Awesome. So then why would SWTOR expanding the market hurt you?

I want it to do well because it looks like a decent game. I would eventually like to try it, but my pc can barely run WoW, so I will have to wait. I also love WoW, and I think actual competition will do it good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am enjoying it a lot. I hope it does well, competition is always good for the industry. It'll be interesting though if my WoW guild gets too toxic from the anti-swtor comments at the swtor players.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    Well I'm Level 36 -

its Brilliant But Beyond MMO Genre- its the best Game i've played for years if not EVER <- And Ive basically played them all i'm my 38 Yrs old- I've played all the big titles from from wolfenstein, Doom & Quake, and the new games like Skyrim and BF3 - I was one the the first to play Team Fortress : Classic and Counter Strike -

Is this Better then WoW No it isnt a Better MMO then WoW- even though WoW feels stale and they are catering to their new Asian market with Panda's and Pokeman, IMO WoW has more Depth its tighter and smoother the combat is better controlled -

So as a game ToR is one of the best Ive ever played - its Brillaint, its Great fun Its Damn polished and looks great ( not very Vent friendly when theirs 20 people talking whilst your trying to listen to the story )

But Full Bollocks to the Wall MMO WoW is still King IMO, that fantasy-Dungeons & Dragons style wow has Works bests For MMO's -

And yes I really hope Tor Does really Well-

Great Fucking Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Coming from a guy with 10 85s? Sorry but this was his/her opinion...no need to flame someone over their opinion. imo pokemon and pandas arent for everyone, and for some people it is.
    having 10 85s doesnt make person subjective to topics ,only shows that he knows a lot of shit and have exp.

i respect others peoples opinions if its sinsere. if it was based on lies and hatred then i have a problem with it. And again he is talking like he has a permenent seat on blizzard staff meetings and it is totaly bullshit ,its not anywhere near opinion borders.

i didnt understand what did you mean with pokemon and pandas but i gues it is your turn of bullshiting. And also shows how objective(!) you are.

Competition is always a good thing, agreed even though I've yet to play swtor

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Blizz can just give up and hold off WoW untill they release their new MMO.
    Or give us Warcraft 4.

And you know...

Add more depth to the lore again?

We are getting pretty shallow at this point...

Pandas...

No major antagonist...

Using a 7 year old engine that makes 8 sided wheels...

>_>

I mean really.

Warcraft 4

Then World of Warcraft 2.

Or something.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

You really think WoW still has a legitimate place in the world as anything other than "that stable thing that stayed alive for so long", ie. a Counter Strike of MMOs?

they announced MoP and just released bigest content patch ever with lots of extra features
    ?

What are you smoking.

Like,

Really.

New features in MOP?

The new talent tree / spec system was underwhelming.

A new continent? woo. They've done that for 2/3 expansions. Cata they did a revamp of azeroth. Not a big deal. Still will have 8 sided wheels.

A new class? Ok... The healer spec looks like a copy/paste of other healers and the dmg/resource is meh. Might as well just play swtor if you are interested in a nonauto attack game.

What else was there?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    ?

What are you smoking.

Like,

Really.

New features in MOP?

The new talent tree / spec system was underwhelming.

A new continent? woo. They've done that for 2/3 expansions. Cata they did a revamp of azeroth. Not a big deal. Still will have 8 sided wheels.

A new class? Ok... The healer spec looks like a copy/paste of other healers and the dmg/resource is meh. Might as well just play swtor if you are interested in a nonauto attack game.

What else was there?
    i am talking about 4.3 and considering it with other patches, learn to read dimwit.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Well lorewise the movies do impact a slight. For example you can't introduce new superior alien tech or advanced weapons in ToR because then there is no explanation for them not being there in the future movies. Maybe they can solve that but Lucas still has a say in what they can and can't do.
    Lost technology over the years. Take the Star Forge for example. Clearly a beastly war machine, vanishes from the Galaxy after the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    I'm still thinking damn hard about going to buy SW:ToR, from what I heard the game is awesome. But I don't know if it will appeal to me, I love MMO's but Ive never seen a star wars movie.
    not necessary to know anything about star wars to play man...it tells the story and its not un-enjoyable without prior knowledge
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coro View Post
    I think Blizz wishes Bioware the best too. They said so several times in Blizzcon and other interviews, for the same reasons you mention above.

It's like sport competition. If your the best then you usually plateau, but if someone is better than you or is even competitive with you, your going to push yourself to be better. Blizz will become better with stronger competition.
    I remember watching an interview with Vince MacMahon (WWE owner/CEO/Or whatever he is now), and he was talking about how after buying WCW and ECW (#2 and 3 wrestling promotions, respectively), he found that the WWE wasn't making as good of a product anymore because they didn't have to, and he wanted to figure out a way he could light a fire under his own companies ass to keep it going. This is partly the reason why I think he hasn't bothered crushing TNA. This interview was from like 2004 or thereabouts, before UFC really hit it's stride.