SWTOR Raiding --- Hard or Easy??? ----

I'm looking for a replacement for WoW, as the game has become much too easy, and has catered towards the bad players. I really don't like the Heroic model implementaton, because once a boss dies on normal....he's dead to me. So please leave the "Do Heroic mode" comments on somebody else's thread.

Any idea if SWTOR raiding will be difficult? --- I'd really love to see them implement a Burning Crusade style of raid structure ---

All constructive comments welcome!

Well as far as I know the Operations have 3 difficulty levels so if that setup bothers you in WoW, it will probably bother you in SW:TOR

Deleted
    It's pretty faceroll apparently, at least in the beta.

People were hitting the level cap a couple of days ago on the live servers however so I expect more info on it will pop up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Well as far as I know the Operations have 3 difficulty levels so if that setup bothers you in WoW, it will probably bother you in SW:TOR
    Do they force you to run the easier difficulties first? Like WoW does?

15+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR operations have three difficulty settings essentially equating to the new WoW model of LFR<Normal<Heroic. The first difficulty setting is meant to be pugged and if that is all you plan on doing, no you aren't going to find the game you are looking for as they are trying to do the inclusive raid model rather than the only hardcore raiding model. The raiding, just like WoWs, is as hard as you want to make it. If you think the middle tier is too hard or easy you have an option to do the easier or harder modes. If you have no interest in that model and only want one difficulty setting for everyone then SWTOR isn't what you are looking for.

Having tried many MMO's from the perspective of a WoW HC raider, I can tell you that I doubt SWTOR will have a non - casual friendly system. The way the game is setup it is geared towards letting you and your friends have a good time, and being able to experience all aspects of the game. The difficulty levels strike me as just that, how good you are/how geared you are + how hard you want to try.

I do not think that SWTOR has the potential to develop into an E-sport like raiding setup like wow.

Deleted
    You can't expect super hardcore raiding in the first content package. They will be most likely figuring where to go with the raiding. I have to say, I was very exited about raiding but right now I don't care because story line is awesome. That game just beating WoW in every aspect I've in that game experienced... even with queues for server spot (

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    SWTOR operations have three difficulty settings essentially equating to the new WoW model of LFR<Normal<Heroic. The first difficulty setting is meant to be pugged and if that is all you plan on doing, no you aren't going to find the game you are looking for as they are trying to do the inclusive raid model rather than the only hardcore raiding model. The raiding, just like WoWs, is as hard as you want to make it. If you think the middle tier is too hard or easy you have an option to do the easier or harder modes. If you have no interest in that model and only want one difficulty setting for everyone then SWTOR isn't what you are looking for.
    My main issue with WoW, is that you are forced to run Normal before Heroic. So hence, there is really no Heroic tier --- since you cannot kill the boss for the 1st time in "hard mode"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Closed... and see above