Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwannknowlton View Post
    Can you join a "full" server? My wife has decided to try out SWTOR (woot!), and obviously I would like her to be on the same server as me...
    yes you can

Seems like only on Europe there are more than 1hour queues, on USA they are all balanced around 15-30mins

Welcome to a MMO launch, I had 2 hour queue's when cata launched

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Free Xfers, all my friends are on the Legion server and I hate the queues.
    Seems like a wasted effort to me since these queues will die down over the next few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding me? It's launch, of course there are going to be queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Got to love the fan boys defending or excusing the queues. Wait till you're on empty servers when no one plays beyond the first month due to the complete mishandling of this problem by BW. Talk about killed at birth

Infracted; please don't troll.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-12-20 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    you need to put up with the queues for a while.

see, people tend to gravitate toward high populations. if they keep creep the cap upwards, people will keep flooding the high pop servers, and the queues will never go away.

if they keep the caps, the queues will get past the point where the sheep will finally decide to join the lower pop servers.

you aren't fighting bioware, you are fighting human nature.

what they should've done is hide the servers from the list that were way over full during EA, except to people that already had a character there.
    That's EXACTLY what they should of done, we wouldn't be in this pigsty otherwise. But hey-ho, I'm assuming they're clever people and will find a solution pronto!

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Got to love the fan boys defending or excusing the queues. Wait till you're on empty servers when no one plays beyond the first month due to the complete mishandling of this problem by BW. Talk about killed at birth
    It really doesn't seem to take much in order to be called a fanboy anymore, now does it?

I have yet to play an MMO that didn't have queue issues around major releases.

Not really people are just thinking logically. Wow launched with queues, aion with queues, i had queues in rift, conan had them too. There has been queues with every wow expansion release. So what is bioware doing wrong and mishandling. In fact aion didnt even have a damn auto logout timer. For the first week people just stayed logged in with their store open.

If there are still really heavy queues in 2 weeks bioware starts to drop the ball in my opinion.

BioWare has talked to industry experts and were careful to publicly state their server administration team talked extensively with Blizzard, Sony, and Trion on how to handle launch issues. I would say that they do indeed know what they're doing. Publicly stating who you've talked to in regards to server structure covers their own ass and affects the other companies' reputations. To be honest, server teams are not CEOs so I doubt there would be backstabbing (before some idiot tries to make that claim).

WoW launched with massive queues that lead into servers crashing constantly for the first month and the next 3-4 months still had severe server instability.

SWTOR launched with massive queues and so far, on launch day, we're still on stable servers. There's the possibility it could come crashing down in the next few weeks, but it's been smooth and stable (as far as performance is concerned) since I got in during EA and there's always been a queue on Darth Bandon.

I'll place my money on BioWare, thanks.

They can't just up the cap and let it go. You might reduce your queue slightly, but not a lot. And then you would also have a less stable server. You don't want them upping the cap. You really don't.
    Right now, that queue time is the only way people will go to other servers. At the same time, you can't just lock servers, because then you split up guilds and friends, and that would kill the experience for a lot of people right there.

The only thing I think they could do, assuming they have already built the software to do so, is provide free server transfers off of high pop servers. That way if a whole guild wanted to move, they could. Other than that, increasing the cap right now or locking servers would be a mistake and make things worse.

I think they're learning from other MMOs and as a result, they're trying to balance out across all their servers, which is pretty much what most people have said.

Quit then. The faster irrational hotheads like you who whine at the hint of anything not going their way disappear from the game, the better the experience for the rest of us.

Bloodworth EU has had queues constantly...i am sitting in the queue atm and have been there for 2 hours so far...hope they do increase the server caps more because at this rate it's going to be onto a different server by the looks regardless of friends

So you join a server that is Very Heavy or Full and it's surprising when you get a queue....

Just because the game is fully voice acted doesn't mean Bioware doesn't expect you to be able to read. Full is full. Pick a server with less people.

The queues will likely discourage new people from rolling on the full servers. Once things have settled down, they may increase the server sizes. Or people might just gradually leave the full servers to avoid queues.

The game was just launched today. Give it some time.

Oh the irony...

Infracted. Please post constructively; report and don't respond if you have issues with a post.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-12-20 at 07:33 PM.

I am on Tomb of Freedon Nad server , talk about fucking queue few days ago i waited 5 hours just to log in where i got dc around 40 min later to go back into queue as ~1400 on the list o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    ToFN is the worst for EU. I've had to log off, but there's a 2hr30min queue at the moment, and it's been 2hr+ since 12midday. No new players are rolling on any of the new EU servers at all, not even the "heavy" ones have gone up to "very heavy", they've all picked full servers.

People have learned from other MMOs. Don't play low pop because you'll never find a group for anything. If a x-server LFD function existed, I would have no problem rolling a character on a low pop server. The same thing has happened on every single MMO and you'll find that those people that roll on a low pop server will be complaining in a few months because there's no one to do content with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bommer View Post
    I don't mind the queues at all. Just remember back when WoW launched. After waiting in queue forever, you played for a while, then the server crashed. It was nearly unbearable. At least with SWtOR, I haven't experienced a single server crash, And I've been playing for the past 4 days. The queues will go away soon enough, just enjoy the game whenever you play!
    So because it's better then WoW it's allright?
    One thing about fanboys like you that strikes me,is that you don't even realise how deeply touched and affected you are by WoW while you're trying to act like it's the complete opposite.

The other thing is your incredible faulty logic that compares the launch of an mmo in 2011 to the launch of another mmo in 2004.

Infracted; please don't flame others or call them 'fanboys'.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-12-20 at 07:32 PM.