Every server full with 20+ minute queue, what happened?

Did the game sell 5 million copies in a day or did everyone that preordered take a day off from work/school?

Deleted
    The game was released today, that's what happend. :P

War were declared.

Seriously, were people not expecting queues upon release or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    Did the game sell 5 million copies in a day or did everyone that preordered take a day off from work/school?
    Pretty sure a lot of kids already have today off from school.

You playing in the US? My server screen says theres 10+ servers up that are "light" population...

There are 15 new servers up right now, that I can see. I can't scroll down because I'm in queue but the number could be greater.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be really nice if someone created a sticky, explaining to people how this works and telling them if they are new, roll on a light or standard server.

There's going to be tons and tons more people joining the game, don't worry about getting stuck on a dead server.

That is not true, there are several servers that are currently sitting light, meaning there is no queue.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddy View Post
    That is not true, there are several servers that are currently sitting light, meaning there is no queue.
    Yet people are creating new chars on full realms... dumb asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    You playing in the US? My server screen says theres 10+ servers up that are "light" population...
    Those are all servers that launched today, I was talking about all the servers launched before today, sorry I should have wrote that in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    wanting to play with friends?

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    A lot of people are logging in for the first time to play in guilds that have already been established. And a lot of people just don't want to play on an empty server.

I have a level 38 on my server! I demand no queue for me! /hands on hips /stomping /selfentitlement

15+ Year Old Account
    bioware should cut the cap really low on light servers so they appear heavy/very heavy. then people will go to those more willingly, instead of joining the full ones. bioware could watch the pops on these and bump them up slowly as needed.

as it is, people would rather sit in a queue out of fear of joining a dead server.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are 15+ West Coast PvP and PvE servers with a light population and maybe double that for the East Coast. I'd like to reroll on one of them, but don't want to start investing my time only to find that I picked, by chance, the one server that will remain mostly dead.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2011-12-20 at 05:12 PM.

well it IS launch day. It's to be expected really. Mostly the same for any MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    bioware should cut the cap really low on light servers so they appear heavy/very heavy. then people will go to those more willingly, instead of joining the full ones. bioware could watch the pops on these and bump them up slowly as needed.

as it is, people would rather sit in a queue out of fear of joining a dead server.
    that would be a pretty slick idea, actually, but I think the players would catch on eventually

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    There are 15+ West Coast PvP and PvE servers with a light population and maybe double that for the East Coast. I'd like to reroll on one of them, but don't want to start investing my time only to find that I picked, by chance, the one server that will remain mostly dead.
    Which is exactly why we have high pop servers with queues. Nobody (who has experienced it and knows what they are doing) wants to roll on a server that ends up being dead in a couple months. I don't blame anyone for that, and I'm not mad about the queues. But for everyone who is going "OMG QUEUES... WTFBBQ" here is your answer. People want to play on the high pop servers.

Edit:
    Also there are a bunch of servers without queues between light and heavy population:
    http://www.swtor.com/server-status
    Last edited by Gerendfs; 2011-12-20 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    So.. there are like a zillion "OMG THE QUES!!" threads. So what does Bioware do open new servers and now folks are like.. no way man I want to play on a high pop server cause it might be all empty if I move to a low pop one..

Really? if this is your opinion then you have no business bitching about server ques. Either re-roll to a new fresh server or deal.

Also.. you realize the game JUST opened today.. unless servers explode and the game shuts down tonight.. you do realize that the vast majority of those new servers will fill up just fine yes?

complain when servers are full.. complain when servers are not full .. I guess people just like to complain.