Unhappy I want to, but I don't think I could get into it

I played the hell out of the Star Wars Flight-Sim and FPS games: X-Wing, TIE Fighter, XvT, XWA, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight/MotS, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Hell, I spent years modding XvT/XWA and Jedi Knight of all things.

Playing a Star Wars game for me means Action! Excitement! Dexterity! Skill!

I can't imagine just standing there, firing or slashing at a mob, mobs firing or slashing at me, like in WoW. When I swing my saber, damnit, limbs better come off in one stroke! When I fire a conc rifle over and over, SOBs need to be knocked back.

Is there any sense of action, excitement, dexterity and skill like in my beloved games, in TOR?

Personally, I think there is action, excitment, dexterity and skill in TOR. But that's my personal opinion

Deleted
    It's more action filled than WoW. Things die easier and you don't have the boring auto attack. There are alot of knockbacks, explosions and stuff you'll like.

Plus a flight-sim mini-game á la 'Starfox.'

You'll never know unless you try it.

Try it or dont, plenty of threads stating why you should so read them and not make a pointless one...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really recommend that if you have a friend or no of someone who is buying the game that you ask them to try it out for a bit. I hope that in the near future BW comes out with a trial to lvl 10 or whatever so you guys can get the same hook all of us have had since beta. If you like previous BW games or like WoW its probably worth the 60 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth1108 View Post
    Try it or dont, plenty of threads stating why you should so read them and not make a pointless one...
    $60 is a bit much to shell out to try something I may or may not like, and I've seen positive/negative comments on just about every aspect of the game. So the dealbreaker for me is being able to compare the sense of action/ect to SW games I've played in the past. It's hardly a pointless question on a forum meant for this type of discussion. Have a nice day.

Anyway, a trial would be fantastic, then again, so would getting it as a gift. I guess in my mind I keep trying to imagine Jedi Academy merged with WoW, and that's probably a disgusting way to think about TOR, lol.

I think I'll give it a go once I have a new PC in a few months, that'll give it some time to die down a bit and it won't look like ass. Thanks for the thoughts guys.
    Moo.

I guess in my mind I keep trying to imagine Jedi Academy merged with WoW, and that's probably a disgusting way to think about TOR, lol.
    It is an mmoRPG, so it is more of a mix of wow and kotor rather than wow and JA. If it isn't your style of game then it just isn't a game you will be interested in, nothing wrong with that. However if you really like SW, and you enjoyed the kotor stories then I would say this was worth picking up.

Deleted
    This is my personal opinion after 38lvls:
    - combat is way too slow and clunky
    - I'm also disgusted by companion system.. I feel like I'm back playing GW1 - it's a nightmare
    - despite numerous innovations I still can't shake off the WoW feeling, it's like I'm going to get attacked by a boar any second O_O - scares the living s*** out of me
    - everything is static

Again, this is just me. I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed for this game, but it's not my cup of tea...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might not be your cup of tea since limbs don't come off in one stroke. It wouldn't make for much of a MMO if this was the case. The need for skill is and dexterity is definitely there (as most with L2P issues will claim the combat is clunky). One thing is for sure, you have to play it to really get a feel for it. I watched countless videos and none of them did justice for the fun level of the game. Also, the game doesn't look like ass unless your computer is shit.

Do I think it is worth the asking price? Hell yes. And this is coming from a non-SW fan (or at least previous to playing this game I wasn't one) and someone who is generally burnt out on nearly all the MMO offerings currently out there.