Poll: Which Group critize the game mostly?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Obviously trolls or fanboy of another MMO.
    Their comments show their complete ignorance of the game.

I have quite some gripes with SWTOR that I hope BW will fix soon.
    I have seen other problems mentioned by other players too.
    And the comments on metacritic show none of the above.

So yes pure trolls.
    Get used to it because this game is gonna be popular, so it'll attract a lot of hate for sure.

Deleted
    Ofcourse if people dont have your opinion of your shiny new game they must be trolls, there are a lot of people that arent caught in the hype about this game that are dissapointed with what it could've been, it has many flaws as people have pointed out and should have a higher standard or bring more new things for a nearly 2012 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    Ofcourse if people dont have your opinion of your shiny new game they must be trolls, there are a lot of people that arent caught in the hype about this game that are dissapointed with what it could've been, it has many flaws as people have pointed out and should have a higher standard or bring more new things for a nearly 2012 game.
    Such as?? Please mind elaborating a bit??

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the overly negative posts are from disgruntled KotOR fans. I'm not concerned about those reviews because I hated KotOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Such as?? Please mind elaborating a bit??
    I have elaborated time and time again about what I dont like about the game, as have many others and many share the same concerns, if you are that interested about it you may just look at my posting history to find out my personal opinions .

Metacritic is hated very often by the fans of a new game when it is released, as more often then not the reviews are harsh and *gasp* critical. Yes there's often the random tards that give a 0 for no real reason but there are just as often tards that give a game a 10 with just a comment "Great Game1!!!" after it being out for 30 minutes, you gotta waft through those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Hey look! At least SWTOR is still doing slightly better than Cataclysm user score!
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...m/user-reviews

Oh btw.. seem like Age of Conan just obliterates both WoW and SWTOR by at least 20 points!
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ag...s/user-reviews
    This. Quite simply, this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    apparently SWTOR is getting highly Criticize by users on metacritic who claimed to have reached level 50 or reached XX higher level.
    what do you think these people are?
    playing the game wrong ?

wow players ?

people who really don't understand another angle of approach.

lemmings ?

this game was not made for people who "race to endgame" and personally i hope they all feck off before i get round to trying the game.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-12-21 at 01:55 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    playing the game wrong ?

wow players ?

people who really don't understand another approach.

lemmings ?

this game was not made for people who "race to endgame" and personally i hope they all feck off before i round to trying the game.
    Playing the game wrong? MMO's should be designed so there is no "right" way to play it and you can rush, take your time or do whatever you want without having to suffer for it, many people dont like to listen to quests or anything like that, to them the rushing is the fun part. Just because someone has played wow does that make their opinion worth less or what do you mean? Quite sure most of us are in that cathegory.

Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    Playing the game wrong? MMO's should be designed so there is no "right" way to play it and you can rush, take your time or do whatever you want without having to suffer for it, many people dont like to listen to quests or anything like that, to them the rushing is the fun part. Just because someone has played wow does that make their opinion worth less or what do you mean? Quite sure most of us are in that cathegory.
    no. that is not how mmos are designed at all. all games have a design intent and this game happens to have one that is entirely at odds with the "rush to endgame", "why game/expansion put content in my way ?" mindset.

SWTOR is about "the journey" & "story". time and time and time again they have emphasised this point more than any other in relation to the nature of the game using various euphemistic language.

with that in mind if you then go out and buy SWTOR and "rush to end game" you understood nothing about the actual nature of the product you paid money for even though it was highly publicised in advance and thusly do not deserve to be listened to because basically you're a blithering idiot.

despite what some WoW players might think this is NOT a "one size fits all" market.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-12-21 at 02:33 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Who the heck is megacritic? Never heard of it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    no. that is not how mmos are designed at all. all games have a design intent and this game happens to have one that is entirely at odds with the "rush to endgame", "why game/expansion put content in my way ?" mindset.

SWTOR is about "the journey" & "story". time and time and time again they have emphasised this point more than any other in relation to the nature of the game using various euphemistic language.

with that in mind if you then go out and buy SWTOR and "rush to end game" you understood nothing about the actual nature of the product you paid money for even though it was highly publicised in advance and thusly do not deserve to be listened to because basically you're a blithering idiot.

despite what some WoW players might think this is NOT a "one size fits all" market.
    This is ridiculous. If this were true (it's not) then the game would be dead within a couple months. Thankfully Bioware isn't insane or silly enough to make an MMO that has no focus on endgame.

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Who the heck is megacritic? Never heard of it.
    Metacritic and it's not a "who is it" it's a freaking webpage that combines review scores for different things and is a heavily frequented website. Is this your first time on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    This is ridiculous. If this were true (it's not) then the game would be dead within a couple months. Thankfully Bioware isn't insane or silly enough to make an MMO that has no focus on endgame.
    whoosh

there is an "end game" but it isn't the "focus" of the game.

the "focus" of the game is telling "a story".

even the pvp maps have "a story" ffs

have people like you not read anything about this game at all ?

gee thx Brox...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    whoosh

there is an "end game" but it isn't the "focus" of the game.

the "focus" of the game is telling "a story".

even the pvp maps have "a story" ffs

have people like you not read anything about this game at all ?
    Read anything? yes, I have. I own the game. You are wrong. Plain and simple. Rushing to level 50 is perfectly viable and is absurdly easy to do compared to rushing to level 60 in vanilla and THIS IS ON PURPOSE. there is a reason you can skip the whole story. You really don't know what you are talking about. This game is made for a wide variety of players and playstyles and those only interested in the story are not the only people playing the game the right way. Absurd.

do you know who the first people hired for this game were ?
    the people who worked for years before the code was even up and running ?
    writers.
    professional writers.
    an entire team of them.

there is a design intent and the intent is heavily focused on the conveyance of the story.

miss that out and you are missing the intent of the game.

can you do it ? sure.

but you'll be basically missing where they spent all their time, effort and money and yes, "doing it wrong" for the product you bought.

you can order coffee in MacDonalds all you want but at the end of the day its a cheap hamburger joint not a coffee house.

i bet you think its just mere coincidence there are 8 classes (with individual stories) and 8 character slots...
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-12-21 at 02:56 AM.

gee thx Brox...

For the game designed around the "story", SWTOR's story is actually pretty bad. It doesn't really hold up to most other BioWare games.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    do you know who the first people hired for this game were ?
    the people who worked for years before the code was even up and running ?
    writers.
    professional writers.
    an entire team of them.

there is a design intent and the intent is heavily focused on the conveyance of the story.

miss that out and you are missing the intent of the game.

can you do it ? sure.

but you'll be basically missing where they spent all their time, effort and money and yes, "doing it wrong" for the product you bought.

you can order coffee in MacDonalds all you want but at the end of the day its a hamburger joint not a coffee house.

i bet you think its just mere coincidence there are 8 classes (with individual stories) and 8 character slots...
    I bet you think its just a mere coincidence that there are 10 classes and 10 character slots in WoW....

And McDonald's coffee is fine and MANY people drive through on the way to work to get a cup of coffee and no hamburger.

Ridiculous. Do you actually believe what you are posting?

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    For the game designed around the "story", SWTOR's story is actually pretty bad. It doesn't really hold up to most other BioWare games.
    I've always found Bioware games to have a heavy focus on story presentation but incredibly weak stories. KoTOR had a boring, cliche story. Jade Empire had a laughably bad story. Dragon Age had a pretty mediocre story, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    I bet you think its just a mere coincidence that there are 10 classes and 10 character slots in WoW....

And McDonald's coffee is fine and MANY people drive through on the way to work to get a cup of coffee and no hamburger.

Ridiculous. Do you actually believe what you are posting?
    and i'm out...if you aren't prepared to accept that Bioware has placed the majority of the emphasis on storytelling in SWTOR as what they can uniquely (in their opinion) bring to the MMO market then you are simply flying in the face of almost every word that has been written about the game for the sake of obtuse argument.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-12-21 at 03:11 AM.

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netwar_ View Post
    1) Metacritic is dump

2) Most of the reviewers are a) paid by Blizzard-Activision or b) have no idea what they are talking about
    "People don't like the game I like? THEIR OPINION IS WRONG!"

Deleted
    Im not quite 100% sure what you mean, what you are saying basicly is that this game is gonna last until you reach max level then you might aswell quit since you've seen the story and beat the game? If that is the game "mindset" then, well, yeah, horrible.

I think it boils down to you trying to say "Do not rush to the end content because it is very lackluster compared to other mmo's on the market since they had a different 'mindset', rather listen to the voice acting in the quests since this is where they spent their time developing".

"People don't like the game I like? THEIR OPINION IS WRONG!"
    They must surely be agents sent by *generic other company* or be brainwashed by the evil space monkeys!

First of all I am a big fan of this game I played the beta and I could not stop playing. With that said I think that people who are going to rush to 50 are going to hate the game. like someone said before me this games focus is story. I think bioware will focus on endgame when the first patch comes out but until then I think that hardcores and raiders will be very very disappointed with the game.

For me persnly when I get the game I am going to play it like a single player. I won't even touch any of the flashpionts.