What to do with a Zillion Hypnotic dust

Greetings to all wow-players

Past week I transferred to Kazzak from a low populated realm.
    Elementium ores are on AH for around 50g.

I buy them prospect -> making rings and at least disenchant them.

Now my problem is that I have over over 2k Hypnotic dust now and they cost only 5g a stack :-(

So my question is if I can do something else with all these materials.

If you have a tailor make embersilk bags with bolts of embersilk cloth and hypnotic dust and sell them on the AH. I find I can get a nice profit that way on my server.

Deleted
    This is a big problem for many ore-shufflers now. I either make scrolls and use them up that way; or I make embersilk bags. That's about it really

I once did a package for a guy of "all mats required to level from 450-525" and made a big profit on them that way, as I gave him the exact mats and a full list of what he should make - but to be honest it was quite a bit of work and only useful if you find a lazy person willing to pay a premium (although to be honest, you probably could!)

5g per stack? O.O They're 6g each on my realm. On a good day. They're usually higher.

Damn I thought they were cheap on my realm and thats at 21g a stack. I just post the stacks of them for 48 hours and usually it all sells. Looking at the price of bags and the mats needed, theres very little profit there on my server so I dont even bother with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I either make scrolls and use them up that way; or I make embersilk bags. That's about it really
    True. For the scrolls.. you can check which need mainly dust AND are profitable / in high demand, to optimize the profit a little. I'm in the same boat and there are a few scrolls, depending on server economy (Im on a medium/low pop realm), that I found decent.

Wouldn't sell them 5g/stack. If you have enough room for storage, keep them until MoP ships. Every add-on so far brought inflation. And it will bring lots of new pandaren toons and lots of non-pandaren monks. So quite some new enchanters. Many are lazy and already bored of cata. Many will powerlevel via instances and not gather much of mats, and need to buy them then on the AH. Also many will powerlevel their professions regardless. That should raise the prices for the dust, hopefully.

From WotLk to Cata. this "strategy" worked for me. LK Enchanting mats are now far more expensive than at the end of Lk add-on. Either way.. good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a 2nd banker alt and am storing however much dust'zeph I have left over. Worst case, sell in MoP for 100g+ stack when supply is low and ppl level.

dust is worth what dust is worth. crafting it will not significantly increase its value. You wont sell an enchant for 100g when it contains 10g worth of dust. It will make it sell much slower and require a good bit more work. You can probably expect to see maybe 20% more from selling scrolls vs the mats.

Is that worth it? your call if you want to spend the time crafting/relisting, and knowing it will take longer to dump it all.

dust is fairly worthless, its easy to get, essence, shards, and crystals are the limiting factors in cata items.

Im a bit skeptical at dust being 5g a STACK, thats just hard to believe, 25s/dust. they are around 1g per dust where Im at, it certainly fluctuates, but thats really cheap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    dust is worth what dust is worth. crafting it will not significantly increase its value. You wont sell an enchant for 100g when it contains 10g worth of dust. It will make it sell much slower and require a good bit more work. You can probably expect to see maybe 20% more from selling scrolls vs the mats.

Is that worth it? your call if you want to spend the time crafting/relisting, and knowing it will take longer to dump it all.

dust is fairly worthless, its easy to get, essence, shards, and crystals are the limiting factors in cata items.

Im a bit skeptical at dust being 5g a STACK, thats just hard to believe, 25s/dust. they are around 1g per dust where Im at, it certainly fluctuates, but thats really cheap.
    Amusingly, on my server, there are a few enchants that sell at 500g+ when the mats alone sell for less than 100g, mainly greater int on cloak, and enchant int on offhand. I make a killing on these compared to selling the mats

Yup, on illidan dust sells for 5g a stack most of the night... 8g/stack on good nights
    I try getting rid of em for 5g/stack usually or use vellums for enchants which dont rlly help too much as many of the enchants require more others > dust
    Umm the embersilk bag might be a decent way if you can get your hands on a lot of bolts
    Wished the ptr where dust was vendorable came out

WOW. That is bad. I thought 40G/stack on my realm was bad. But there were pretty expensive when Cata came out. I think they were close to around 9G for each dust or something like that.
    Unless you have a Tailor, I suggest you just keep the dusts and hold on to it till the new expansion. When I levelled my Enchanting this expansion I needed a ton of Infinite Dust from WTLK and they were freaking expensive. They were selling for around 90G a stack but then the demand was so high people actually put them on the AH for 150G/stack.
    And the worst part was that you needed like a tons of stacks of infinite dusts for those 50 skill levels.
    That is probably going to be your best option. However, you are not guaranteed things will turn out this way but I really doubt the price would fall any lower. Most low level enchanting mats sell for a lot anyways.

You can craft the bags, though if you have an asinine amount of dust I believe you can vendor it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Amusingly, on my server, there are a few enchants that sell at 500g+ when the mats alone sell for less than 100g, mainly greater int on cloak, and enchant int on offhand. I make a killing on these compared to selling the mats
    Sometimes, sometimes not. I sell alot of enchants, I have for a long time, stats report that Ive made a total of 2million gold from auctions. the consistant sellers tend to be low margin, the rarer ones are higher. but there is alot of variation in the profits of any of them. Sometimes I stumble onto the AH when it just got cleared out, thats nice, but not the norm.
    By and large, this is just my server... but I make about 25% profit over the "normal" material cost.

It should be said I make a substantial amount more by buying mats below "normal" cost. A luxury I have as someone that buys regularly, joe blow wins a roll for a new chest, he is subject to whatever the trend is that night.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont like the price given that it is reasonably low, buyout the market and repost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchant offhand/braces/chest sells the best. (at least for me)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Unless you have a Tailor, I suggest you just keep the dusts and hold on to it till the new expansion. When I levelled my Enchanting this expansion I needed a ton of Infinite Dust from WTLK and they were freaking expensive. They were selling for around 90G a stack but then the demand was so high people actually put them on the AH for 150G/stack.
    And the worst part was that you needed like a tons of stacks of infinite dusts for those 50 skill levels.
    That is a horrifyingly slow solution, slower than crafting enchant scrolls and selling them.

I'm on a high population horde server and hypnotics sell for around 6-9g a stack, what I'm doing is transferring through the neutral auction house and listing on alliance for 85g+ a stack, this does require 2 accounts but if you have access to that I suggest giving a look at hypnotic prices on the opposite faction

I just sold all the dust I had.

It was taking up two guild bank tabs. Was not worth it to keep it there XD.

It didn't sell for much, but heh.