Random world drops

So, for those of you who have been playing swtor the last week or so, I have a question.

Have you seen any random rare/epic drops off of world trash? It's one of the things I always enjoyed about vanilla WoW was that there was always a chance of getting some random epic drop. It was always good for your gold count as well (before expansions pretty much made making gold in WoW a trivial matter). Remember getting Kang on my warrior (my first toon) when he was lvl 40ish and feeling like a fucking boss lol.
    Last edited by Elguappo; 2011-12-20 at 09:24 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    1 purple (epic) pistol barrel has dropped for me so far. I've looted orange (legendary) gear, but mostly from quest rewards. Haven't really seen any unique/named items in the game yet.

The loot system is a little different from WoW if that's what you're thinking...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

i've found 2 blues off mobs in the world, and about 40 blues from treasure hunting.

No epix yet.

The orange loot is custom I believe; Meaning you can replace the mods in it to level the item as well. So far there are no legendary items.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feek View Post
    The orange loot is custom I believe; Meaning you can replace the mods in it to level the item as well. So far there are no legendary items.
    Yeah that makes more sense now that I think about it. Nice way to take some early gear items with you to max level.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Yep, Orange loot is just purely moddable gear. Not legendary.

I picked up an epic chestpiece on my first day for my juggernaut, I only replaced it a few levels ago (with an orange piece) and I'm level 33 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a epic off-hand shield generator (which is perfect since I'm a tank) and a epic trooper chest. I remember in the beta weekend playing a sith warrior on balmorra and getting a epic chest and shield generator within half an hour, made me so excited.

After 17 levels, I've had a few blue drops that I can remember, I've had 1 Mod'able (dual handed lightsabre) drop. I've had many blue crafting mats collected from scavenging missions, and a couple of purple mats collected from treasure or scavenging.

With reverse engineering, you will be able to discover blue recipes from RE'ing greens, and purple recipes from RE'ing blues.

Had a purple mod drop last night in a group quest area, that was kinda cool to see the purple light beam.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've had a couple of epics world drop for me. I've probably seen at least 20 blues and a few oranges as well. You mostly get greens or vendor trash though.

I had a purple drop for me when i was about 25. I have not seen any more since then.

I have seen one epic tanking mod and it was in beta, no such luck in live

10+ Year Old Account
    Few moddable items, a few epic mods/barrels, 1 set of epic gloves for a sorc, currently lvl 40. Always love seeing the purple beam of light from a corpse.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

I'm level 50, i've looted 6 or 7 purple items in the open world, mostly mods. Orange is not legendary, and to clarify and confirm, it is customizeable "blue" level gear. There is a legendary category, but its a dark purple.

I have gotten 2 purple couple orange items and a ton load of blues. Everything in my bank. I am now level 23, and I explore a lot been taking my time and pretty much kill everything in sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've picked up a level....15? Epic lightsaber, an epic trooper chest, and more blues than I can handle lol. I picked up my first world-drop orange last night, bracers for my Consular. Was basically the last piece of moddable gear I needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixor View Post
    Orange is not legendary, and to clarify and confirm, it is customizeable "blue" level gear. .
    Untrue.
    It is whatever gear level you put in it
    Green quality mods it is going to have green gear stats for that level
    Blue quality mods and it will have blue gear stats for that level
    Purple mods and it will have purple gear stats

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elguappo View Post
    Have you seen any random rare/epic drops off of world trash?
    I have gotten from random mobs so far:

Hoth: Orange Heavy Armor Head Slot
    Quesh: Orange Heavy Armor Head Slot (looked really awesome sort of a combo between the Scream by Munch and Darth Vaders helm)

At lower levels I have gotten purple gloves, and a belt both I put on the AH. Also I keep getting crafting recipes and skill missions. which range between blue and purple.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    1 purple (epic) pistol barrel has dropped for me so far. I've looted orange (legendary) gear, but mostly from quest rewards. Haven't really seen any unique/named items in the game yet.

The loot system is a little different from WoW if that's what you're thinking...
    this is both true and untrue. Orange Items are called Prototype gear, they are fully mod-able which means you can keep the same look through out the whole game. However, some of these Prototype pieces are Legendary Items, they may be more common than a Legendary in WOW, but for Story purposes you gain an Item of historic note as a quest reward, it will be Orange and named for appropriately. ie the Sith Warrior gets Naga Shadows Light Saber. From Naga Shadows Tomb, its called Ancient Light Saber, it is Orange (prototype), it counts as Legendary, you also get this as your first Lightsaber so if you are smart you can always use it.