Dragonsoul Ending Cinematic

So a few things I don't get.

The whole thing about the end of the world was the death of all of the Aspects. Doesn't killing Deathwing achieve the same effect? He's dead and the other Aspects no longer have their powers. So we're pretty much screwed either way.

Also the whole "we're now mortal" deal. Does this mean that they're literally stuck in the humanoid forms they use or can they still turn into dragons. Just not as powerful as they were before.

And the most important thing. With Ysera depowered is there still a way to access the Emerald Dream?

Deleted
    Malygos is still empowered, hiding somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Malygos is still empowered, hiding somewhere.
    EoE was merely a setback!

Deleted
    Ysera cant enter the Emerald Dream anymore. They're still powerful tho, but not nearly as powerful as they were before.

"We're now mortal" Doesn't mean they lost their powers. Just means they can die :P

Quote Originally Posted by Silenteyes View Post
    "We're now mortal" Doesn't mean they lost their powers. Just means they can die :P
    Seeing Noz's shoulderpads break and sand pouring out seems to indicate otherwise.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Seeing Noz's shoulderpads break and sand pouring out seems to indicate otherwise.
    Nozdormu's sand ran out, which means he is no longer able to keep the Dragon Soul in the current timeline.

That's all that is referring to.

Dragon Aspects were created to protect Azeroth from Old Gods
    Deathwing dies
    Aspects lose power while 2-3 Old Gods are on loose
    derp

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Ysera cant enter the Emerald Dream anymore. They're still powerful tho, but not nearly as powerful as they were before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenteyes View Post
    Yeahhhh this is 100% pure speculation. The only even HINT we had that anything bad would happen to the Aspects from killing Deathwing was that they said they poured their power into the Dragon Soul. Then there was the cinematic. Then there was nothing. No other source, not even Blizzard itself has anything to say about it. All we have is a rather ambiguous 20 second speech to go on. We don't know if they're at the power level of Sargeras or Topper McNabb right now. Stop saying you know otherwise.
    Last edited by Whoopsa; 2011-12-20 at 11:08 PM.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    Yeahhhh this is 100% pure speculation. The only even HINT we had that anything bad would happen to the Aspects from killing Deathwing was that they said they poured their power into the Dragon Soul. Then there was the cinematic. Then there was nothing. No other source, not even Blizzard itself has anything to say about it. All we have are a rather ambiguous 20 second speech to go on. We don't know if they're at the power level of Sargeras or Topper McNabb right now. Stop saying you know otherwise.
    Let's not count Topper McNabb out yet. He's a fierce warrior once he gets some spare change.

This clip made pissed me off! Kalecgos is my favorite character in lore, he got to the the blue dragon aspect for half a patch. depressing is what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    This clip made pissed me off! Kalecgos is my favorite character in lore, he got to the the blue dragon aspect for half a patch. depressing is what it is.
    Compared to Malygos he wasn't even good at being an Aspect.
    Besides they didn't even bother to update his model in the last Deathwing encounter, not even his human model either.

noz can't controle time anymore like he used to.
    he still got the hour glass and thus he was able to make the infinity dragon flight.

still seeing he couldn't keep the dragon soul with us id say all aspects are now just insane powerfull dragons without there special perks.
    so no dreaming or life binding or shotting blue lazors of awsomeness!

there mortal now but still dragons aka dragons die from old age right? slowly but surely

still id wanna see noz keep his powers;( and how the hell! if he knows whats going to happen? why even put your power into something thats going to nearly be the end of you? he knows all? so hes also insane ?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what is being said about it in the 'Charge of the Aspects' short story.

'"A question has plagued me," Kalec said. "If stopping the Hour of Twilight is our purpose, if this is what the titans created us to do, then what will become of us when it is done?"
    A chill breeze stole through the Cenarion refuge as if to punctuate Kalec's words. The Aspects shifted, glancing sidelong at one another. They had all pondered this troubling mystery.
    "Yesss... If we fulfill our duty, what worth do we have afterward?" Nozdormu brooded. "With the timeways defiled, even I cannot see what the future has in store for usss..."
    "Will our actions result in loss... or attainment?" Ysera mused.
    "The titans clearly had a plan for us," Kalec argued. "Magic, time, life, nature... they will forever exist. It is only logical that we were meant to safeguard them for eternity."
    Alexstrasza looked on as Ysera, Kalec, and Nozdormu broke into a discussion, voicing their hopes and concerns. Their path forward was straight, but beyond the Hour of Twilight it was shrouded in a fog of uncertainty. The Life-Binder kept her own fears locked tight inside herself. She was the Dragonqueen, and if ever there was a time when her comrades needed her to guide them, it was at this moment.
    "None of us knows for sure," Alexstrasza said, drawing the others' attention. "And if we did, would it matter? This is why we were charged by the titans. The wondrous gifts that they gave us are for us to use now."'

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, we don't know if they're just mortal, or if they've lost their powers. Some speculate one way, others' speculate the other way. Only time will tell which one is true :P

I toss my money in with that they're just mortal, seeing as the normal drakes and dragons still have a fraction of the power the Aspects have, so it wouldn't make much sense for the Aspects to suddenly be weaker than their own children. Plus, in Nozdormu's and possibly Kalecgos' cases, it might have catastrophic outcomes for them to lose their power.

The Aspects probably didn't lose all their powers, they're just normal dragons now. Though, as Chromie demonstrates, every single bronze dragon still has the ability to manipulate time, so, I'm not really sure what they lost exactly.