Thread: Balance Druid

Balance Druid

Are Balance Druids any good in PvP right now? Debating on gearing my Druid for a spec for PvP, just not sure which spec yet and Balance seems like it would be kind of fun. Any input would be good, thanks

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Deleted
    Balance ? hope you are kidding
    Maybe with 2 healers in your pokets in bg, not rated, not arena...
    You dont have surv, just a stupid burst (unless healers have brain and dispell your dots in which case you are useless), so you will get focused and killed first.
    Boomkings are even worst than sp on surv :d ... if you want to have fun, play feral ... trees are not in a good spot either.
    Epic signature thou'

they are pretty good in BGs and can be in rateds as well.

Arena and 1v1 they kinda suck. Lots of classes can counter them. So depends what type of pvp your are looking for

If you want to faceroll melee and be another FOTM spec than ya go feral I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post
    Are Balance Druids any good in PvP right now? Debating on gearing my Druid for a spec for PvP, just not sure which spec yet and Balance seems like it would be kind of fun. Any input would be good, thanks
    I destroy you guys in every format of Pvp, and im a blood dk -.-, and tbh i also destroy feral .... your best best is going healsor if you wanna do arena and feral for bgs ?

Deleted
    Meh, they arent in the best spot atm, we always blow them up when it comes to arenas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    Balance = dead without peels or dispell protection ... parried with a lock it's damn good ... the burst of the boomy lies in dots (WHICH MUST NOT BE DISPELLED).
    Yes it's viable with poket healer and disell protection and a high skill cap ... the surv cd's are kinda low atm ...

They are meh in arena
    But godlike in RBG

Moonkins are completely helpless on their own. They have no strong defensive CDs and no Dispel protection, and rely heavily on very clumsy mechanics (Eclipse combined with high cast time low damage nukes. Their CC is also weak compared to Mages or Warlocks. Their healing is negligible since Cataclysm and still forces them out of Moonkin Form. They also still cannot mount up while in Moonkin Form, unlike Shadow Priests, forcing them to waste a lot of GCDs, and time is life in PvP.

I.e. they only work when all those weaknesses are mitigated by other classes, e.g. Warlock/SPriest for Dispel protection, Warlock/Mage for CC, DK for Peelz™ etc. which is pretty much the definition of underpowered. There's rarely a situation where a Moonkin is better or even just as good as another class.