Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    For a first review it is pretty good, but you come as too biased towards the game(And that is a no no for reviewing). No game is perfect enough that only few very minor negative points can be said about it and no, i haven't played the game myself yet. Even if YOU love the game you should always be critical about it, otherwise you are giving false image to the people about the game in question.
    Reviews normally have a bias as they generally end up telling you wether or not the reviewer liked the game or didn't. He was critical he just didn't shit on the game. Its just possible that the game is actually really good and his review shows this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    For a first review it is pretty good, but you come as too biased towards the game(And that is a no no for reviewing). No game is perfect enough that only few very minor negative points can be said about it and no, i haven't played the game myself yet. Even if YOU love the game you should always be critical about it, otherwise you are giving false image to the people about the game in question.
    I tried to stay as critical as possible about it, but no review will go without opinion. I think I was clear about stating it was opinion near the end though, because unless you're a robot you will always be influenced by your opinions when it comes to these. It's in the end all subjective, and hopefully it's something people can relate to. Thanks for the feedback though, I'll keep it in mind.

Deleted
    Amazing review. I didn't find you to biased. I think you criticised what needed to be criticised.

I'd definitely watch future game reviews

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I believe Bioware is planning on introducing some UI features in the not-to-distant future, such as the ability move your UI frames and an in-game combat-log.
    Yeah, I thought so too.
    Lets see if I can find that article...

Here it is! http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/13/st...-space-combat/

UI customization – You like choice. We hear you! SWTOR is all about choice. Being able to choose how you interact with an online game is something we feel is very important. We are going to be giving more control over the UI as an ongoing effort. This is a very big priority for us.

Very nice review. Not too short. Good intro for new players. :-)

Deleted
    Surprisingly well done! you presented your points convincingly and with appropriate footage. No small feat this early on and with such a long review!

Really liked the presentation of it all, too. Felt professional for sure - you could offer your review service to sites for cash, you know.

If I had to criticize one thing, it'd have to be the split-screen intro you did before each 'segment' of your review, where two windows open sequentially. It dragged on a bit too long imo. But that's a detail.

Great review!

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys, general consensus from a technical perspective seems to be lowering the background audio a bit and shortening the transition screens. I'll definitely keep that in mind for any possible future reviews.
    Last edited by mmocdf265024f7; 2011-12-22 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Apparently the video has been "Blocked in some countries" by "SME", now.. I am trying to figure out who or what SME is but as far as I know I can't actually see which countries these are anywhere so in case you come across a "This video has been blocked for your country" message, I'd like to know which country that actually counts for.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks to your excellently done review i wont be buying this now ive seen it running properly. i was on the website thinking of clicking "buy" when i saw this thread on the front page. i enjoy wow and im not looking for a replacement but if this was a good game in its own right i would have bought it. it just doesnt look that great. again, awesome video, thanks.
    Everyone is guilty.

What happens if Pinocchio says : "My nose will grow"...?

Deleted
    Truly amazing job!

Nice review, I'm not going to buy it when it comes out but I found the review entertaining and really useful

Good job!

very nice but u showed like 4 clips of space combat but didn't talk about it at all.

By virtue of spending over 100 hours of playing, I would say you like the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    very nice but u showed like 4 clips of space combat but didn't talk about it at all.
    Yes, I was going to include it into my review initially but didn't think it was nearly important enough to "waste" time on it and drag out the video essentially. After all, in my eyes anyway, it's nothing but a tiny mini-game.

Deleted
    I dont like the games gameplay mechanics so I dont play SWTOR but the review is well done.

Deleted
    Yeh, bought the game, and played my @ss off! What a fantastic game!! the Quest-level-setup is amazingly made. As soon as you start the game, he game will pick you up, and make you forget about everything around you and lures you into the world of Star Wars.... And what an amazing ride it is. I am level 22 atm, playing as bounty hunter, and afbosfokkinglutely lovin it

As hardcore raider I am not sure yet if the endgame is as good as WoW's, but at least the path till levelcap is already worth my investment of buying the game.

a very nice review, going to youtube to thumbs up

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome review man! Subscribed to your channel as well! I agree with alot of the stuff you said.

@ Neglesh - <3 your avatar, my fave char in that series

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh servers are down! Then i watch this!! i want to be playing! game is so much fun in so many ways!!! never have enough time to get everything done!!! but i wouldn't have it any other way!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmetal View Post
    going to youtube to thumbs up
    That's the spirit!