Thread: Dota 2

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artagnan View Post
    If you've played HoN or DoTA it's much easier to go from them to DOTA2, Compaired to LoL to DOTA2

Hon / DOTA to DOTA2 = Same pacing, ground principles remain largely the same (many of the same heroes even)
    LoL to DOTA2 = A lot of things change, games last about twice as long, In LoL every hero can be useful with farm, in the 3 others a lot of heroes don't need farm at all.

These are only very spesific differences, and i'm pretty sure there are several more.

What I'm trying to say is that DoTa2 is not likely to pull many only LoL players, unless they're looking for something different. People have a tendency to stick to what they know.

My opinion at least

EDIT:

I'm gonna stick to HoN for the time, if I find that it's WILDY better, once it's released, I might go to DoTA2, however as of now a lot of the feedback I've been reading is very diffus and skewed by fan boys, claiming it sucks or is the game of gods.
    No.... when I play DotA2 I feel like this. HoN is way faster than DotA2.

They have a lot of similarities but they are different! :P
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    No.... when I play DotA2 I feel like this. HoN is way faster than DotA2.

They have a lot of similarities but they are different! :P
    Personally, I prefer if the game is slower. Almost impossible to make a nice comeback in LoL, people level up so fast, get all their items so fast. Once everyone hits a certain level and gets enough items, the entire game is pretty the next team fight decides the winner.

At least with DotA and DotA2, you can buy back.

DOTA 2 is a lot more strategic than LoL. I don't think it's boring at all though. If you know the basics, a good match of DOTA will be tense throughout the whole game.

Sweet Jesus, I got into the beta.

First closed beta I've ever been invited to, it's a Christmas eve miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Personally, I prefer if the game is slower. Almost impossible to make a nice comeback in LoL, people level up so fast, get all their items so fast. Once everyone hits a certain level and gets enough items, the entire game is pretty the next team fight decides the winner.

At least with DotA and DotA2, you can buy back.
    It is easier to come back from in LoL due to the barrack respawn. Sure it is possible in HoN/LoL where you can win when all the lanes are pushed but... I only had 1 game like that that I can remember.

Also buyback whilst being a nice touch is lame in dota2... Remember that tournament...? Boring as hell to watch, same as playing a game. (I bet) They just rice rice rice. woops I died and proceed to buyback. Ugh dreadful.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

It may be a bit easier to come back from being pushed into the base, but you can easily lose multiple towers, inhibitors, or the entire match because of a lost team fight, simply because of how fast everything dies. Also, you can't backdoor very well in DotA2

Also, a question for those who got into the beta. I heard along with the beta you get 2 extra keys to give to friends, does anyone know where to get these? Been looking for a while, but I can't find them.

It may be a bit easier to come back from being pushed into the base, but you can easily lose multiple towers, inhibitors, or the entire match because of a lost team fight, simply because of how fast everything dies. Also, you can't backdoor very well in DotA2

Also, a question for those who got into the beta. I heard along with the beta you get 2 extra keys to give to friends, does anyone know where to get these? Been looking for a while, but I can't find them.

Should be in the "steam part". But it got changed... I used to be able to see who I sent keys/games etc

Also that anti-backdoor mechanic is just beyond retardation... Tp's are there for a reason. Feels like they cater to the noobs by having a mechanic like that.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Checked there, says I have 0 items in my steam inventory.

Checked there, says I have 0 items in my steam inventory.
    You did get the invite from Valve right? Not from a website/friend?

If so I only know one way..

Go to your library select dota2. on the right side there comes the game info (hours played/friends) futher to the right are the links.

Forums/achievements and there should be a link to keys...
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-12-25 at 12:14 AM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

I am 100% sure I got the invite from valve.

On the links side I see Achievements, Forums, Related Groups, News, Store Page, Support, And Recommend. Nothing about keys there.

Argh Yeah that's were I had a button but since I gave 2 away it is gone now.

Sorry I don't know any other way how you could access them!
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Well, I suppose my friends will just have to wait play, thanks anyway

Also, still loving Sven, that stun hits like a truck.

Well, I suppose my friends will just have to wait play, thanks anyway

Also, still loving Sven, that stun hits like a truck.
    Go leoric farm shit and win games.

Build in crit, lifeleech and aegis. Also a stun if stuff tries to get away ;D
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-12-25 at 02:45 AM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Actually, first DotA2 game I played was with him.

Didn't do too great, was 6-6 at the end. Usually get vladimir's offering on him, and build on attack speed for the massive lifesteal, and a bit of strength to keep him healthy and hitting hard.

Uhh underskilled what is your steam account? I am not a fan of DotA2 but when more patches hit I am willing to play it again to see if it got improved, and let's be honest it's more fun when you play without randoms

If you are up for playing with me sometime next year! (if you aren't that's fine too! :P)
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

I believe my steam account is R_Butt0n, or R_Button, one of those.

I'd absolutely like to play some games with you, always fun to play with friends

Can't seem to find your profile!

this should be mine. Add me if you can, however do note I am not playing DotA2 any time soon, when they added more content/fixed stuff I will try it out some more!
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-12-30 at 02:29 PM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

My first impression was "OH GOD MY EYES!" Fresh install 640x480 resolution.

Looks pretty decent from the first few games I've played. I'm just too burned out on MOBA games right now, so I doubt it will see much play anytime soon.

Definitely going to check it out after it gets another few layers of polish.

After a couple of games in DotA 2, I find everything about the game to be too slow paced. This might be a somewhat biased oppinion, since I'm used to a faster gameplay in HoN. If this 1 thing changes before the final game is released, I'll definitely be playing it, despite costing money (if it's p2p). Until then, I'll probably continue to test the beta, and see if I can grow accustomed to the slower gameplay.

Btw, I would gladly take a couple of games with you some day, Riathy. If you feel up to the challenge, you can add my steam account DolpheR_HehE. I don't mind playing support
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2011-12-26 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Alright, I believe I sent you a friend request Riathy, haven't used or messed around with steam a lot, so hopefully it goes through.

Also, been trying to level up my Sven, any thoughts on what to open with? So far I've found the most effective has been a Bracer, but I know that's generally an unsafe item to start, what with no healing available.