Thread: 1v1 arena idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Any decent range dps or frost dk can EASY kill a blood dk
    Any badass blood DK can kill any badass ranged class. So blood DK will own everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Blood DK has 60% damage reduction at this point.

Yeah.

It's kind of nuts. Only thing that kills me as Blood 1v1 at this point is PvE frost mages and badass locks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    There shouldn't be 2v2 Arena, let alone 1v1.
    Last edited by mmoce67615a32e; 2011-12-21 at 06:57 PM.

I support this idea. In this day and age of WoW, it is getting harder and harder to find competent Hardcore P-v-Pers. My former 3s teammates have fallen down to the 2100 bracket and I don't want to risk losing my MMR just to group with them. 1v1 Arenas would breath New Life into the wow PvP scene. It would cause YEARS upon YEARS of practice for duels to usher in and WRECK havoc onto the enemies. But Blizzard would have to balance the classes. At the moment it isn't unheard of to have an Enchantment Shman to kill a healer, which isn't right or wrong. Either way, with 1v1 areanas to succedd, we would need an equal amount of EPIC and WIN

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instead to be able to que for random duel in an arena setting, i'd love that. I also would expect the que to be short as many would be using this.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

15+ Year Old Account
    IMO change the name to "Free Gladiator Title for all Frost Mages" and you would actually get more support for the idea - because we all know frMages are still OP as sin - at least this way when a thread offering them all free gladiator titles gets support Blizzard might actually accept that they have devalued the meaning of gladiator by making frost mages require no skill to reach glad this expansion ^^

(the picture said more in less words but I actually enjoy fighting good rogues on any of my toons, and my main pvp toons are shadow and affliction so its not like I win those all the time - I don't think rogues deserve fair comparison to frost mages anymore, definitely in past expansions, less so now - its Frost or bust).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I had this idea of having 1v1 arenas, which would basically be dueling, just like you would have when you go outside Orgrimmar or Stormwind, except you would queue just like you do for battlegrounds, and you would be matched up against people from all of Europe, for example. This way you wouldn't have to waste your time outside the main city dueling the same faces, but you could take a duel whilst questing, waiting for a battleground or instance to pop up.

You wouldn't get any kind of points. Not honor, nor conquest. Well, maybe there could be some kind of a set of achievements, or some separate currency you could use to buy some cosmetic things (tabard, etc.) with, but nothing to do with honor points, conquest points or epics.

Why then would anyone be interested in this? Well, you could queue for these 1v1 arenas/duels while you're queuing for battlegrounds or instances. Also, I envisioned the arenas as being flashbacks to the most awesome PK/gank spots from the history of WoW; on and near the chain in Blackrock Mountain, on the (old) Western Plaguelands road and/or the graveyard, at Light's Hope Chapel, at Hearthglen, and so on. It would be cool to experience those places again. Maybe it could be some kind of a flashback lorewise, a daydream of sorts. Who knows. It's magic?

This would simply be an additional thing for people to spend their time on, and definitely wouldn't affect anyone's gaming experience in any way. Obviously there's only so much time Blizzard has to put into development, so this would definitely not be on the top of the list, but if they could do it without affecting development of other things in any way, I can hardly see why it shouldn't be done.

I mean, they're adding pokemon into the game, so they could very well add a cross-realm dueling system.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this at all, providing it's just for fun and not another means to get HP or titles.

Yes, there is class imbalance, etc, etc, but no one is forcing anyone to join the queue. It's essentially like dueling with a random opponent. Anyone who wants to do it should have the opportunity, while the rest of us could simply ignore it and go along with whatever we were doing before.

The only problem I can see is the amount of QQ that some players will give because they think 1v1 means anything.

-
    @Sydänyö - How on earth did you get a level 4310 Priest??? :O

Deleted
    That pic was too good.

It's not hard earning conquest now with it being given out for every BG win anyways. 1vs1's would be pretty silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post

Yeah.

It's kind of nuts. Only thing that kills me as Blood 1v1 at this point is PvE frost mages and badass locks.
    I want to see your blood dk beats frost mage even with 90% dmg reduce (well ok, maybe with 90 you can)
    You simply cant reach it (unless is awful).

@OP : I like the idea, is same as 2v2 - there is achievements, there is easy points. There is fun for some. You can't get gladiator or any pvp titles/rewards, so is more like a something to do if you are not that great in 3v3 and 5v5 arenas (or you can't find good teammates)
    Is same as hard modes, rated bgs, pet battles etc - no one force you to do them so will bring only good.
    Last edited by mmoc691382dc63; 2011-12-24 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticBlade View Post
    @Sydänyö - How on earth did you get a level 4310 Priest??? :O
    Hey blame my awesome Photoshop skillz! I even got a level 6029 paladin!

But no, seriously, I just wanted to throw in all the levels of the characters I have. That's the way I thought I'd do it when I did it... Shitty honestly but meh, that's all I can do.

want 1v1 come al'akir and duel voroz best fire mage in wow

---------- Post added 2011-12-24 at 01:59 PM ----------

who when a duel vs beef 1v1 server al'akir get 10k gold from me bloodyimir al'akir

Deleted
    Extreme imbalance...

Deleted

Yeah.

All pvpers sit at 4-4.5 resi most of the time. About 40%+ reduction. You would get kited to death by all specs bar warriors I guess. I can't see how anyone could lose to a blood dk in 1v1 assuming it's a decent pvper at both parties.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah.

You better don't meet me, I eat blood dk on my lock as breakfast

Idea is kinda stupid. Making an arena to get owned by either a rogue, a frost mage or a blood dk.
    As a warlock I don't like this idea since I'm pretty much the weakest 1v1 class in game.