Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    Why did I roll on it? because I might use them to complete a 4pc at some point, I might not. Thats really none of anyone elses business. I completed the LFR dungeon same as everyone else and Ill take loot that I might have a purpose for. Im not there to make judgements about who needs it more.

Needing to DE... well thats just silly, I sorta doubt there is too much of that happening though.
    I don't see the difference between needing for some future/fictitious set or needing to sell or needing to DE. They are all your personal reasons for needing. No one reason is more or less valid than another. I personally greed or DE roll for items if they are not direct upgrades... but my stance is by no means better or worse than anyone elses, it's just my stance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is why I do it, 3 runs:

23:53:44 8 auctions created for [Maelstrom Crystal] 159g 74s 99c
    23:54:10 3 auctions created for [Greater Celestial Essence] 109g 99s 99c

Deleted
    Because if they made items I rolled need on non-disenchantable, then I wouldn't be able to need to disenchant then, would I?

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems to bring back the debate about why skinned items, or mined items in a random are not able to be rolled on. It still irks me that Blizzard made the DE an option, because it dropped the prices of enchanting mats down quite a bit, and it made it harder for me to maintain my personal enchanting materials supply.

Like several people in this thread have posted, I need on everything I am able to. I don't do it to screw over other people (and honestly, if people talk the entire run about needing that certain item, if it drops I will pass to them.) But when I see a holy paladin, roll on a tanking trinket and I armory him and he is ret/holy, I get slightly upset because chances are more than likely that he will never use that item. (Yes there is a chance, but I don't calculate it out to be very high) SO I look out for me, especially when I join a random by myself. Because everybody else in the random are looking out for themselves, so I just go along with the crowd!

Well honestly it may seem like it is a good idea, but it doesn’t really solve the purpose. People are still going to roll need just to vendor it for a few extra gold.

And they will not bring the price down to 2 silver because some people actually hit need cause they actually could use that item and would benefit from vendoring it down the road no matter how rare this situation is.

I believe in adapting to situations. If my experience in the LFD/LFR has taught me anything is to need on everything. But I would always give that item to someone if I didn’t need it. I wouldn’t follow these rules if I am in a guild or a PUG from the server.

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post

Figure each run is what, 20 mins? So in an hour, not counting in item repair, youre making about 1610g. Many people make tons more than that through legitimate means without being an ass to 4 other people. But to each their own I guess, if you need 1610g that bad then more power to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profish13 View Post
    Figure each run is what, 20 mins? So in an hour, not counting in item repair, youre making about 1610g. Many people make tons more than that through legitimate means without being an ass to 4 other people. But to each their own I guess, if you need 1610g that bad then more power to you.
    As stated multiple times now, I don't need the gold as I got plenty. I am just doing it for fun.
    It might not seem a whole lot to earn 1.6k/hour but do realize that I am a DPS. So my queue times are about 10 minutes. In between the dungeons I farm the AH too for disenchantables and sell them too. The dungeon DE is just a bonus gathered while having fun doing damage!

Deleted
    Because that would cause as many issues as that it would solve and thus isn't a solution at all.

I roll need on what I can because as an enchanter I need enchanting mats much more than you need the vendor cost. Despite being forced to DE for the entire group with or without my permission, enchanting mats on my server are outrageous and this is my way of getting paid back a little bit for being screwed over. I will not roll need on something that is an upgrade for someone.

You wanna call me selfish? Well it's also selfish to bitch and complain because I won one or two extra items after I've DE'd everything for the entire group at no benefit to myself. Not once has anyone benefiting from the perk of my profession offered me so much as a thank you. It's a selfish and entitled attitude and I, as an enchanter, am sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    They even have an achievement for clicking need. That's enough for some people...
    Having a button for need is enough for most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Having a button for need is enough for most people.
    Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Enchanters would go crazy if they had to vendor their epics. That includes me. I usually need on epics I "need" for extra mats 'cos I can. Think like this: I make you a favour, not letting epics go to waste, except that I get the profit and you're not

They even have an achievement for clicking need. That's enough for some people

10+ Year Old Account
    Short term: this stops that one guy (out of hundreds, btw) who is being an asshole and needing, then disenchanting because he can.
    Long term: this stops enchanters from disenchanting an ass-load of gear that they can then use for other enchants.

I have an enchanter and I know how nice it is to have the ability to shard old gear. No thank you.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2012-01-03 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some straight bad people in this thread, all these enchanters who openly admit they roll need whenever they can because "i need the crystals more then you bro".

I don't want to get infracted and say what I really want to, but I'll leave it at...it pisses me off.

I'm an Enchanter. Between honest D/E rolls from when nobody needs and everyone rolls, I never have to buy mats to enchant my new gear.

And if I'm doing some random heroic with some guildies or going solo into the LFD, I always kick those pieces of crap that are unfair to the group. Believe me, you click need on every drop you won't get past 2 greens without getting kicked in my groups, I don't care how "l33t" your DPS numbers are. Done it several times already since my warrior hit 85.

This isn't Gnomeregan, when you are a Level 85 character and you still play like a noob...it's disgusting. How can you act that low to your fellow gamers? I guess there are people out there who have no remorse for their actions and would steal from their best friends IRL, but I don't like ripping someone off who is putting in their time to clear a dungeon. I haven't used the LFR yet on any character, but there is a rampant problem of morals over there too. It's sad, very sad that the anonymity in WoW has led to its players to being dishonest and unethical.

TL;DR Stop being a PoS and roll D/E if you want.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    I roll need on what I can because as an enchanter I need enchanting mats much more than you need the vendor cost. Despite being forced to DE for the entire group with or without my permission, enchanting mats on my server are outrageous and this is my way of getting paid back a little bit for being screwed over. I will not roll need on something that is an upgrade for someone.

You wanna call me selfish? Well it's also selfish to bitch and complain because I won one or two extra items after I've DE'd everything for the entire group at no benefit to myself. Not once has anyone benefiting from the perk of my profession offered me so much as a thank you. It's a selfish and entitled attitude and I, as an enchanter, am sick of it.
    Oh yeah, because you totally lifted a finger in effort to D/E those items in dungeons and it totally ISN'T done automatically. Get over yourself, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactyl View Post
    Oh yeah, because you totally lifted a finger in effort to D/E those items in dungeons and it totally ISN'T done automatically. Get over yourself, man.
    Because he spent the time to level his enchanting from which now everyone else benefits to his detriment?

Deleted
    I lifted quite a few fingers to level to the level of Enchanting needed to Disenchant those items, which without you can't Disenchant in a dungeon.

Personally I think that you are all stuck up. I am an enchanter and spent however long leveling this stupid profession. This was my first toon as well, so no help from anyone else for me. It was difficult but I got it maxxed. And now you are telling me that if no-one else needs an item, I cannot roll need on it for my profession? The fact that you all have the option to disenchant on loot rolls is a privilege imo. I don't directly benefit from ANY other profession being in a pug group except a leveled enchanter. So you can sit there and farm all you want for ore/gems/leather/cloth/herbs and profit, while I lose every roll on potential mats? Without enchanters in your group, you wouldn't even have the option for the crystal so don't bitch about losing something you wouldn't even have a chance on getting if we weren't here. You would be rolling on about 10g worth of mats. To me, that's a Power Torrent a guildie needs. That's a ring enchant for me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't do it all the time. However, I will if everyone greeds on an item I can need on. I NEVER need greens.

I don't like the idea of telling me that I can't farm for mats anymore. You can go out into Azeroth and gather whatever you need, whereas I have a very very slim chance of getting what I want out there. My mats come from the MANY MANY MANY dungeons I have to do, and sometimes I don't want luck to play a part in my profession anymore so I need for DE.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, to all the chanters who claim they can't farm mats, you very well can. You do know that greens are random drops right? Have you ever tried soloing some of the 346 Heroics? They aren't hard at all, its very easily doable. And to those who want to claim some sort of stipend for DEing for the group, ever thought about the fact that most of these things will get DEed anyways by a guildy or some such person? It would be a waste of time to roll on leather, there aren't enough drops and you don't get much as it is, people would just stop skinning them. Blizzard is changing your profession to be like Tailoring, you have no strict "gathering" profession, you collect drops from mobs. Thats it. You are not a gathering/crafting profession rolled into one. Besides the point, the drops you get are worth far more than most drops for gathering professions. I have an Herbalist, and I couldn't sell a whole stack of herbs for 160g, how about letting me dissect my gear into herbs? That way I can ninja gear too
    "I love the name of honor more than I fear death
    -Shakespear, Julius Caesar

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post

Well, for someone who claims not to be trolling you sure enjoy rubbing frowned upon behavior in our face..but at least you proved our point. :-)

Ot: like others, I would feel rather cheated on my enchanter if I cod not de past gear due to people like the above..