High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

*Spoliers* I have some questions (Considering playing this game)

Mainly, with the Emperor dying what it looks like early in the game (End of Act 3?) wouldn't that alone pretty much end the war. I mean at the end of Return of the Jedi there were minor Imperial armies, etc. But once you remove the head from a snake....while yeah.

Also, revan dying early rather then being a end boss of some kind. It bothers me that they are killing off the most powerful people in the TOR era and later if their will be raids being all "Oh hey we forgot to tell you that the emperor was just the side kick of the totally unknown Grand Emeperor!").

The more I check around the more I hear that it is like rift in that NPCs can take over zones if players don't step in.

I am a SW fan / MMO fan, and was looking forward to this game for year sbut what i have heard over the past month turned me against it. Now that it is out I am looking for some insiders wisdom on how they are enjoying the game and what is the story after the Emperor's death.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    The more I check around the more I hear that it is like rift in that NPCs can take over zones if players don't step in.
    Where are you hearing this? I haven't experienced anything like that in the game so far (but I'm still relatively low level so who knows). The rest of it I can't comment on since I'm not a SW fan and learning the lore as I go.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. There's no war - there's peace treaty and status quo, Emperor is the one wanting to go to war, but thanks to Revan he is cautious. So his death will just continue the status quo - that is required for MMO, becuase in full scale war there have to be a winner and you don't want that in MMO.
    2. A lot of major lore characters (from books and comics) have either died or defected, at the very begining of the game. The ones I'm talking about are (which are known to me - spoilers alert): Braden (BH from comics Threat of Peace) - killed on Nal Hutta in BH story, Lt. Tavus (trooper from the same comics) now Commander Tavus - defected to empire on Ord Mantel in trooper story and I bet he is killed later on, Lord Baras (Sith Lord that signed the treaty in the same comics) - killed at level 50 in Sith Warrior story, Teneb Kel (from blood of the empire comics) now Darth Tanathon - killed at level 50 in Sith Inquisitor story, Emperor's body (yes, body) killed in Jedi Knight Story on level 50, Emperor's Spirit (or whatever it is) killed in Jedi Consular story at level 50, Revan killed in Imp. Flashpoint at level ~30. Lord Angral (Sith Lord that sacked Coruscant) - have very high chances of being killed in Jedi Knight story at level ~30, Lord Scourge (from "Revan" book, Emperor's Wrath) - can be killed in Jedi Knight story (or become a companion)
    3. The game is nothing like Rift in regards of NPCs taking over zones.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks alot,
    the rift stuff I leard while just reading around different forums, but didnt hear anything solid to support it, thats why I had to ask. So, at max lvl you pretty much have to faction living in "peace" but not getting along. Will there be raids / end game? I have seen some vids on world bosses but nothing about XX man raids yet.

Also, I see about of jedi / sith movies. Are most servers force user dominate?

maybe you are thinking of Alderaan ? there might be some territorial pvp there i dunno...
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I mean when your in a crowd area full of players, do most of them play jedi / sith (people with lightsbaers in general), or are their a fair number of non lightsaber usering classes being played as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    No, I mean when your in a crowd area full of players, do most of them play jedi / sith (people with lightsbaers in general), or are their a fair number of non lightsaber usering classes being played as well.
    On my server, Republic side, I've seen a pretty good balance - if anything, I'd say the class I see the most is Trooper.

there was a massive poll in official forums pre launch that suggested class choices where going to be pretty evenly balanced. there was a slight bulge at jedi and sith but nothing that would make you go "oh that's a problem". unfortunately the official forum was wiped pre launch.

bare in mind the non force classes are all kinda cool in their own ways and playable ranged classes outnumber melee classes by a considerable margin (once you take into account the advanced classes) although im pretty sure sith/jedi ranged still have lightsabers they just dont use them all that much really...
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-12-21 at 05:33 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...