Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    On my druid i'm on between 50 and 200k a day, anything over 200k i send to a bank alt with a gb. 1 alt is almost capped now which is what i ws aiming for but have another couple on around 350k each before stock is taken into account.

And yeah witht eh mass buying, i buy any pyrite ore under 150g a stack no matter how many (5, 50, 500 stacks) as it's worth it at the moment for me to do that, and i buy any ele ore at 80g astack, and obsidium ore at 65g a stack or less.

200k a day?
    on the ore shuffle?

so you got like what.... 10-20million gold?

Completely serious question -- why make so much gold ? I caught a tiny bit of the gold-making fever ... went from a broke scrub to having around 20k by end of Wrath, to having around 100k now. Not in the league of most of the folks posting in here, obviously, but I've seriously toned down my gold-making efforts.

I was discussing with a fellow guildie, and he said at one point he realized he wouldn't ever do anything with all the gold he'd made, so he stopped cold turkey.

I can understanding building up a few hundred thousand gold, maybe up to like half a million ... but at that point, you can buy anything in the game you want. Multiple times. What are you planning to do with all your gold ?

Again, completely serious question, not trying to denigrate the profit hunt. I'd understand something as simple as "I just find it fun". I'd just like to hear some thoughts.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Somethings like Spectral tiger which cost almost 1/2 a million gold :<
    At least that was the reason I build up gold.
    There are a lot of items people want but too lazy to farm. IE- tabard of lightbringer
    Umm some people just like having a good amount of gold so if something they do want comes out, they dont have to waste time farming up gold to save up and buy the item.

well as I said, Ive made near 2million, I presently have about 600k total.

every expansion I buy whatever BOE gear that exists. thats my main splurge.

I guess if I made a bit more I could get nuts with mounts... but even that I would soon have all the available ones.

But your right, I certainly dont need to make 200k a day to support that habit.

But to put it simply, I think that guys lieing lol. talking about selling some 2-5000 auctions a day of gems to make that much gold. There is no server where you could ever move that kind of volume.

I can believe him getting sales for 200k on a tuesday/wednesday, but not 200k in profit..Unless he botted the mats, that is..

say average gem is worth 40gold? 200k means 5000 gems sold.

I dont know if I could do that if I listed them all for 1g...

apparently he would be on a full server with very active players and 0 competition lol, and someone farming 2000 stacks of ore a day for him.

or, he's talking nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alto is good, colds gold and capped by cata are good. For a bit of more advanced thoughts you can look at my semi-blog. The Gold Queen is great as well. TBH Follow us on twitter. @darkfriend337 etc. Lots of amazing stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    say average gem is worth 40gold? 200k means 5000 gems sold.

I dont know if I could do that if I listed them all for 1g...

apparently he would be on a full server with very active players and 0 competition lol, and someone farming 2000 stacks of ore a day for him.

or, he's talking nonsense.
    He might've stocked up on thousands of rubies pre 4.3 and now selling them 300g a piece. Anyway, I'm not defending him, all im saying is its fully possible.

Deleted
    The most gold I've ever made was 215k on one single day, and that day way a VERY special one: new PvP gear got released.
    With this I mean, that at the end of the day I had 215k gold more in my inventory than at the beginning of the day, but a lot less of the stockpiled materials.

On these days, if you consistently camp the Auction House, you maybe can sell 5k gems. On other days it's basically not possible, as you get undercut faster than they sell. In 99% of the situations the statement supply >>> demand is valid. I'm on the biggest EU server, if I do not consistently repost my goods, they won't sell within the next 48 hours, so the auctions expire. It's like if you get undercut once, it's over --> repost required. That's I post some goods with only 12h AH duration, 48h makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by snakecatcher View Post
    On my druid i'm on between 50 and 200k a day, anything over 200k i send to a bank alt with a gb. 1 alt is almost capped now which is what i ws aiming for but have another couple on around 350k each before stock is taken into account.

And yeah witht eh mass buying, i buy any pyrite ore under 150g a stack no matter how many (5, 50, 500 stacks) as it's worth it at the moment for me to do that, and i buy any ele ore at 80g astack, and obsidium ore at 65g a stack or less.
    How bout you take a screen shot with a time stamp at the start of your day and at the end of the day.

Your wasting everyone's time otherwise

The consortium is the best imo, simply because its a forum with an active community.

He is saying the starts with a bank balance of between 50 and 200k. When the balance is in excess of 200k, he sends it to an alt.

He is NOT saying he makes 50-200k per day.

http://vilesauctions.blogspot.com

one that i've been keeping updated, granted it's not the biggest one nor have i any illusions that it will ever be, but as for gold making tips you can get them.