How long is swtor maintenance usually?

So i just got the game, got into the game, 30 mins in, i see announcement servers will go down, check forum.... ofcourse swtor site is down due to high traffic, so I got no idea whats going on.

how long is the maintenance usually?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

People were saying 6 am est, so 3 hours from now.

I believe this one is four hours. These aren't going to be normal though until they get settled in. Eventually they'll have a normal routine that will hopefully take place much later in the morning.

It said 4 hours for maintenance. Sorry you had such bad timing. This is our third maintenance since launch that I know of, so it's going somewhat smooth. I hope they are fixing 2V-R8's spam talking :] and nerf slicing... lol

They aren't having normal maintenances yet, so they are somewhat longer than the will be in the future.

Deleted
    this one is meant to last 4 hours just in time for me to go to work

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    So i just got the game, got into the game, 30 mins in, i see announcement servers will go down, check forum.... ofcourse swtor site is down due to high traffic, so I got no idea whats going on.

4 hours. If you start up the patcher, and click on alerts, you can see when ever they do maintence.

ok thanks, bummer... well at least i got some play time, my gf will be piiisssed, she has been at work all day waiting for this.....oh well
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I am glad they are taking them down, I have expereiences a few bugs where quests won't load when I go to complete them, some laggy issues (although that could be for other reasons than the server itself)

Just be patient, they will be back up soon enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I am glad they are taking them down, I have expereiences a few bugs where quests won't load when I go to complete them, some laggy issues (although that could be for other reasons than the server itself)

Just be patient, they will be back up soon enough
    quests should be in the top right corner under pending
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    So i just got the game, got into the game, 30 mins in, i see announcement servers will go down, check forum.... of course swtor site is down due to high traffic, so I got no idea whats going on.

From the Launcher it says:

From 2am CST (8am GMT/9am CET) Maintenance is scheduled to end at 6am (12pm GMT/1PM CET). In order to continue playing the game after maintenance, you will need to make sure you have the followings steps:

• Create an Account on SWTOR.com if you have not (ERM. I thought you couldnt even play the EGA without an account DOH!)
    • Complete your contact information
    • Add 3 to 5 security questions to your account (also, when you have done that. Do a screen shot. then make a jpeg or png and save it. if you have misspelt any of the answers. You will spend a lot of time on to CS trying to get your account unlocked)
    • Redeem and official Game Product Registration Code (this is NOT a Pre-Order Code)

I hope this now answers everyone else questions BEFORE they start qqing. -.-

Deleted
    I see it's still down. But also got one question. I bought the game (hard-copy) and made an account and almost fully installed the game (will finsih this later today).

But do I get free game time with the game first month? Or do I need to buy a card first, because this new game won't give me a free month of playtime?
    I got the "standard" verstion, so no special packages or whatever.

Deleted
    But do I get free game time with the game first month? Or do I need to buy a card first, because this new game won't give me a free month of playtime?
    You will need to set up a payment plan before you can use your 30 days. Either by buying a time card or entering your credit card details (you can cancel this before they take any money off you)